Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How often do you clean your Rig?

31 Jul 2009   #31
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Advantage Everlong, using mother tongue
My Mom would slap me down if I even tried to type with her tongue.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #32
Kari

 

Antman, how about the scrambling? Was I even close?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #33
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
+1

But, that is not every letter.

I forgot Q existed on the top row. I'm getting tired.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

31 Jul 2009   #34
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Antman, how about the scrambling? Was I even close?
Yes. The physical mechanism could not operate as fast the typist. The letter arrangment went through a few permutations before the current layout became standard. And no, I wasn't there.

FYI - Bell originally hired pre-teen boys as patchboard operators in central office exchanges. They were rude and impudent, so Bell replaced them with "women of good character". Hello, Central!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #35
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong18 View Post
I forgot Q existed on the top row. I'm getting tired.
You are so close to another correct answer. It is also spelled on the top row, but only has 5 letters.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #36
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
The letter arrangement went through a few permutations before the current layout became standard.
Finnish keyboard layout is normal QWERTY, like US. But German layout is called QWERTZ, because it is qwerty with one exception: letters Y and Z have switched place. So everytime I buy a new keyboard (or laptop) here, I have to start with digging Y and Z out and placing them where I`m used to see them, correspond with my Finnish kb-layout.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #37
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
You are so close to another correct answer. It is also spelled on the top row, but only has 5 letters.
Quiet.

I give up trying to find a word that uses every letter.

Only word I could think of that includes Q is "prerequire".

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Finnish keyboard layout is normal QWERTY, like US. But German layout is called QWERTZ, because it is qwerty with one exception: letters Y and Z have switched place. So everytime I buy a new keyboard (or laptop) here, I have to start with digging Y and Z out and placing them where I`m used to see them, to correspondence my Finnish kb-layout.
French keyboard layout is AZERTY. Using one of them in French layout is a pain in the arse.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #38
DJG

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Yes. The physical mechanism could not operate as fast the typist. The letter arrangment went through a few permutations before the current layout became standard. And no, I wasn't there.

FYI - Bell originally hired pre-teen boys as patchboard operators in central office exchanges. They were rude and impudent, so Bell replaced them with "women of good character". Hello, Central!
You mean "Hello, Lilly Tomlin" .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #39
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

queue?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Jul 2009   #40
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Everlong18 View Post
Quiet.

I give up trying to find a word that uses every letter.

Only word I could think of that includes Q is "prerequire".....
Quiet? Not quite.

LMAO that you spent any time trying all letters.

Prerequire! Booyah!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command
How to "Clean" or "Clean All" a Disk with the Diskpart Command This will show you how to use the clean or clean all command on a selected disk to delete all of it's MBR or GPT partitions, volumes, and any hidden sector information on MBR disks is overwritten. The data on the HDD is not...
Tutorials
How can I do a clean erase of my SSD to clean install Windows 7?
I think I have a virus or malware and have been unable to get rid of it after many tries, and I am having multiple problems with this home built computer running Windows 7Pro 64bit. I installed a retail version of Windows 7Pro 64bit and I have my original installation disk. I want to do a clean...
Installation & Setup
Formating 3tb drive..diskpart clean or clean all
I am having to format a 3tb drive that I am installing Windows 7 on and I need to know do I need to do clean all or just clean in diskpart? What happened is I did not know about the GPT (first time dealing with a drive over 2tb) and I just went through the motions like you do with installing. Well...
Installation & Setup
Should I clean my HDD with Parted Magic or Diskpart clean all command?
Hi everyone i have a question about HDD Clean and also question about Win 7 64 bit :) I want to wiped out my all HDD data inside i want to delete all information like a brand new HDD. I heard that there is a program called Parted Magic can do this and also Diskpart clean all command too. ...
General Discussion
Clean Install of Win7 - Wipe Hard Drive Clean
Hi Folks, I just did a clean install of Win7 and must have done something wrong. I found a file called Windows.old.:confused: I would like to wipe my hard drive completely clean and then install a fresh copy of Windows 7 Home Premium. How do I accomplish this task? It's a good time to...
Installation & Setup
clean XP hard drive using win 7 clean commands?
Hi, I want to clean/erase my xp hard drive. followed the tutorial on this forum and got to cmd - diskpart - select disk - clean all - exit but it weon't do anything. I put clean ), O clean, cean all O, etc and it just says Im not doing it right and so nothing happens. I can't find any similar...
Hardware & Devices


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:59.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App