Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Microsoft should sponsor PC clunkers for cash program

01 Aug 2009   #11
AlexT2889

Windows 7™ Home Premium x64/Sony PS3 XrossMediaBar™ FW 3.30/Sony PSP XrossMediaBar™ FW 6.20
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Robearl2x View Post
With all due respect big fella, I think you are missing the point. with your logic, if everybody chose not to shop/spend because whatever they had at home was paid off, very few people would buy anything. What makes you think everybody that bought a car had to go in debt. People still do pay cash for items. Most people handle debt pretty well. What it sounds like is your view may be a little clouded by your own personal financial situation.

In addition, there are now American workers producing foreign brand vehicles in the US. You'd be surprised at how many people have to travel by car over 50 miles to work, each way, and need dependable fuel efficient vehicles to get hem there.
It's just common sense really. If people handled debt pretty well, credit card companies wouldn't be in this blackhole they're in right now.

I am well aware of foreign makers making cars in America now, but the majority of money still goes to Japan or elsewhere, it helps the foreign countries economy more than it helps American economy. Why throw our tax money to GM and Chrysler when at virtually the same time, they start a clunker program to benefit BOTH foreign/domestic makers? shouldn't it ONLY benefit the domestic maker?

By the way, I do live in the middle of nowhere, and travel 40 miles combined both ways to work.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2009   #12
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889 View Post
It's just common sense really. If people handled debt pretty well, credit card companies wouldn't be in this blackhole they're in right now. ...
I beg your pardon.

If credit card companies and other financial institutions handled debt better, they would not have created the blackhole.

BTW - Cash flow is the economy.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2009   #13
ChrisNYC

Windows XP Media Center, Windows XP Pro, Leopard OSX
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889 View Post
It's just common sense really. If people handled debt pretty well, credit card companies wouldn't be in this blackhole they're in right now.

I am well aware of foreign makers making cars in America now, but the majority of money still goes to Japan or elsewhere, it helps the foreign countries economy more than it helps American economy. Why throw our tax money to GM and Chrysler when at virtually the same time, they start a clunker program to benefit BOTH foreign/domestic makers? shouldn't it ONLY benefit the domestic maker?

By the way, I do live in the middle of nowhere, and travel 40 miles combined both ways to work.
Actually, it is the half the people insured in the United States who, because they were sick and hospitalized, got rejected by the insurance companies which under hidden agenda would not finance their bills and finalized/terminated their contract. Yes, it is bad, but when they pay for expensive hospital bills, they lose money and God forbid AIG's CEO would drive a BMW 7 series instead of a ferrari among other insurance companies of insurers.
As a result, you get credit default and people not being able to pay their bills. That will cause them not to pay their mortgage and guess what? they are forced to sell or foreclose their homes.
And since you're so pro-fox, here is an article Fox news never bothered to discuss, and when they did, they called it socialism/communism going on

Senate Overwhelmingly Passes Mortgage Aid Bill To Help Americans Facing Foreclosure - wcco.com

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
I beg your pardon.

If credit card companies and other financial institutions handled debt better, they would not have created the blackhole.

BTW - Cash flow is the economy.
He watches Bill O'reilly, Sean Hannity and Glenn beck, what do you expect?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Aug 2009   #14
AlexT2889

Windows 7™ Home Premium x64/Sony PS3 XrossMediaBar™ FW 3.30/Sony PSP XrossMediaBar™ FW 6.20
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisNYC View Post
Actually, it is the half the people insured in the United States who, because they were sick and hospitalized, got rejected by the insurance companies which under hidden agenda would not finance their bills and finalized/terminated their contract. Yes, it is bad, but when they pay for expensive hospital bills, they lose money and God forbid AIG's CEO would drive a BMW 7 series instead of a ferrari among other insurance companies of insurers.
As a result, you get credit default and people not being able to pay their bills. That will cause them not to pay their mortgage and guess what? they are forced to sell or foreclose their homes.
And since you're so pro-fox, here is an article Fox news never bothered to discuss, and when they did, they called it socialism/communism going on

Senate Overwhelmingly Passes Mortgage Aid Bill To Help Americans Facing Foreclosure - wcco.com


He watches Bill O'reilly, Sean Hannity and Glenn beck, what do you expect?

Since when did I ever say I'm pro-FOX? or even watch them? stop assuming? you'll make an ASS-outta-U-and-ME.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2009   #15
AlexT2889

Windows 7™ Home Premium x64/Sony PS3 XrossMediaBar™ FW 3.30/Sony PSP XrossMediaBar™ FW 6.20
 
 

You know what, F*** this S***, I'm just wanting to have a discussion, but no, liberal a**wipes jump in and put me down like I'm the Devil or something just because I watch or listen to a certain someone with a different point-of-view..*GASP!* now I wouldn't wanna spoil you're little honeymoon with The Won.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Aug 2009   #16
Static

Windows 7 RC - 7100 64bit
 
 

I think either way. Long as the Computers for cash program doesn't turn out like the cars one, itll be ok.

For a nice 4minutes summary, go to the bottom of page 1 or 2 and watch the Glenn beck youtube video. its 4minutes.

Warning! Do not log in to Cars.gov!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2009   #17
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889 View Post
People are throwing away PERFECTLY GOOD CARS like 1999 Jeep Cherokees etc. THAT ARE ALREADY PAID OFF and RUNNING.
Well, maybe these same individuals were already planning on buying a new car and with the price of gas, the 14mpg Jeep that they were driving was costing them an arm-and-a-leg to keep filled up. Maybe that Jeep on the average sale is only worth $2000...but if they use this program they get $4,500 as long as the new car gets at least 24mpg.

My wife and I used to have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It was paid off..but the damn thing kept braking down left and right. Was costing me more to maintain then the lease payment on the Chrysler Town and Country minivan we are now driving. The van gets better gas mileage and it fits our family with 2 kids and some pets much better. Fortunately, at the time we were able to trade it in for $5,000...but if the situation were different and it was only worth $2,000...this program would have been much nicer.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889 View Post
If the Guvmint had a BRAIN, they would've stated AMERICAN CARS ONLY! How does buying a foreign car help the US Economy? except the dealers?
I currently have 3 cars, 2 of which are American (Dodge and Chrysler) and 1 which is German (Volkswagen). My VW is a 2002 Passat GLX. When I was buying this car in 2002, I wanted a 5 speed manually tranny, 4 door family sedan. The American car market had 1 option for me. The Lincoln LS with the V6. Best part was it only cost about $10k more than my VW.

I simply cannot get behind the "always buy American" bandwagon. I'm not anti-American car...but if they don't offer what I want at the time, or have the fuel mileage that I need, or the clean burning diesel options that I might want...well then maybe they need to consider broadening their offerings.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2009   #18
garysgold

Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
 
 

Don't want to get into the whole credit thing. I think there is enough blame to spread it far and wide. One thing AlexT is correct about is that it has made finding an old beater much more difficult. A few months ago they were everywhere. And now I'm having a hard time finding one.

Gary
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2009   #19
ChrisNYC

Windows XP Media Center, Windows XP Pro, Leopard OSX
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889 View Post
Since when did I ever say I'm pro-FOX? or even watch them? stop assuming? you'll make an ASS-outta-U-and-ME.
lol The cars.gov thread was closed because of your assumptions and bashing of what you didn't believe in. And you hinted at how u love fox news political talking points

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889 View Post
You know what, F*** this S***, I'm just wanting to have a discussion, but no, liberal a**wipes jump in and put me down like I'm the Devil or something just because I watch or listen to a certain someone with a different point-of-view..*GASP!* now I wouldn't wanna spoil you're little honeymoon with The Won.
So, because I don't agree with you and because I don't watch Fox News, that automatically makes me a liberal?
Some people really shouldn't voice their opinions when they state fantasies as facts. Or even twisting fiction to make it a fact.
Really sad

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by garysgold View Post
Don't want to get into the whole credit thing. I think there is enough blame to spread it far and wide. One thing AlexT is correct about is that it has made finding an old beater much more difficult. A few months ago they were everywhere. And now I'm having a hard time finding one.

Gary
Not even. Clunkers for caash for cars is for cars with mpgs that are 19 or below. You can get plenty of beaters. And with the economy as it is right now, you can have them for pretty darn cheap(not at dealerships of course, they will always rip you off, ALWAYS).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Aug 2009   #20
l337

windows 7 7137 x64
 
 

I like the idea but microsoft can only do that to their software or hardware, manufacturing companies should have programs that you trade your old computer and they give your money off your new ones. microsoft can do it with older software like windows 95 and 98 trade them and you get 50 dollars off windows xp vista or even 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Interesting laptop - if you have the cash
More...
Hardware & Devices
Microsoft Buys Skype for $8.5B in Cash
More....
News
Wow, SevenForums to sponsor Nascar???
:devil2:j/k
Chillout Room
Avoid the Apple Tax – Cash in on the value of Windows
More...
News


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:36.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App