Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How the First Planets Formed

10 Sep 2009   #91
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Everyone knows that the Earth is flat ... my ex wife fell off about 25 years ago, and I havent seen her since...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2009   #92
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
... my ex wife fell off about 25 years ago, and I havent seen her since...
did she fall, or was she pushed?

and wasn't her broomstick working that day?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2009   #93
holo88

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

i had a wife once. we met when she jabbed a crayon in my ear. next day we were married. but i was held back, and she moved on to 1st grade.... and i never saw her again. i was a young (5) fool then, and should have known it couldn't last forever.

HA!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

10 Sep 2009   #94
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by holo88 View Post
i had a wife once. we met when she jabbed a crayon in my ear. next day we were married. but i was held back, and she moved on to 1st grade.... and i never saw her again. i was a young (5) fool then, and should have known it couldn't last forever.

HA!
I would imagine you were smart enough to sign a prenump yes?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2009   #95
holo88

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by holo88 View Post
i had a wife once. we met when she jabbed a crayon in my ear. next day we were married. but i was held back, and she moved on to 1st grade.... and i never saw her again. i was a young (5) fool then, and should have known it couldn't last forever.

HA!
I would imagine you were smart enough to sign a prenump yes?
no. like i said, i was a fool. she made off with all of my markers, safety scissors, and my power rangers book bag.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2009   #96
Captain Zero

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
You are arguing for the sake of the argument - and preaching to the choir. Where did I state, or even suggest that wonderment is futile?
See below. And a choirboy you may very well be, perhaps what you infer in jest is lost on me.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
We cannot know. We can wonder.
That is an entirely unambiguous statement. In effect, your claim is (however concise or clever) that we are destined to wax philosophical about the nature of all things, but doomed to a meager and pauper's grasp.

This strikes me as pernicious summation of the species. The suggestion or notion that we are dim-witted fools, hapless plebs in the hands of a divine and spooky father-figure, who should be grateful for their mere existence is patently offensive and the foundation for my antitheist stance.

If "we cannot know" then we are 'created' as such, yet, the believers would tell you that we are created in his likeness; imbued with sense, intellect and reason, yet intended to forgo their use. This singular concept (vicarious redemption being a very close second) is, without a doubt, the most egregious posit put forth by deists.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
The wonderers that you list were not proven wrong, their scope was determined to be narrow. Even Einstein scoffed at blackholes. But, what did he know?
Indeed, and exactly my original point. Again, in our collective nascence, we struggle to grasp the data being given to us. Given (and in spite of) their limited tools, they made tremendous leaps in logic to postulate that their observations were conclusive - clearly contravening established dogma.

It is squarely on their foundations that the rest of us have been propelled forward. Einstein was open to the idea of black holes, he simply lacked definitive evidence for them. Ironically, this was his stance on deism, and he repeatedly claimed that lack of evidence does not mean a lack of existence - rather that the 'leap' was simply unnecessary. Like Laplace before him, he simply knew that this model works perfectly well without divine intervention.

To be fair, black holes are something we still do not fully understand. The singularity is, in all likelihood, one of the stranger phenomena we will have to consider. It boggles the mind but I take solace in knowing that it baffled Einstein, as well.

While we don't yet fully grasp their mechanism, we will - and we will do so by omitting any notions of a celestial chimera.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2009   #97
SquonkSC

Win7 Build 7600 x86
 
 

Hi Captain Zero,

You made your point, and content wise I agree with you.

But somewhere there must be a misunderstanding.

As far as I know, Antman is as much a deist as you are. (NOT)
And he made quite a few subtle and less subtle hints to that fact in this thread.
You don't need to tell him the model doesn't need a divine intervention.
(hence "preaching to the choir")

And he didn't say wonderment is futile.
(hence "we cannot know, we can wonder")

I'm not sure what got you triggered but I honestly think you misunderstood him.

Greetz
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2009   #98
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Let's not get into personal insults here. Play nice gentlemen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2009   #99
Captain Zero

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Captain Zero is impersonating an idiot.
Honestly, I genuinely expect better from you and am shocked.

As I said, perhaps something you said was meant in jest, and misinterpreted as such. Regardless, I'm entitled to rebut your statements, especially if I'm attacked for them.

I'd simply never call you or anyone else an idiot, that's just shameful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Sep 2009   #100
Captain Zero

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

...as being one who is part of a choir, no? Self-admitted, as it was. And it has nothing to do with being at a keyboard, I'd just as easily - and readily say it standing before you. Why wouldn't I?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Advanced dinosaurs may rule other planets
Claim: Advanced dinosaurs may rule other planets | TG Daily A Guy :D
Chillout Room
Six Planets Now Aligned in the Dawn Sky
Six Planets Now Aligned in the Dawn Sky
Chillout Room
Old Hypothesis on How the Moon Formed Gains Support.
For those with enquiring minds. Source - Old Hypothesis on How the Moon Formed Gains Support - The current idea no longer seems to cut it - Softpedia
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:08.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App