1. Arriving at Milan and on to Brig by train.
2. Belalp map
As we hiked in snow, the sun was hot and we were sweating inside the heavy winter clothing worn!
3. And the famous Aletsch glacier.
When we reached Belalps by a cablecar from the foothill, we were enthusiastically hugged by an English lady who said " Oh! I am so pleased to find an English- speaking family here" ( Well, we are by no means English, but since different family members do know different Indian regional languages with each generation migrating to a different region, English becomes the common language for communication and we normally converse in English.)
4. Our instant friend at Belalp who gave us a lift to Brig in her Benz car
When we reached the foothill again after the trek, we were again greeted by a young lady who offered us a lift to Brig in her car." Is it a Taxi" we asked and she said " No, No you need not pay anything. I had been in India - Mumbai and Jaipur - for many months and so happy to see you Indians here"
5. And the graveyard-turned church she took us to.
The wall is embedded with skulls and our friend translated the inscription on the wall. " We were like you oneday and you will be like us someday"
6. The most photographed Matterhorn
7. An old house at Zermatt
Would you like to live in it?
8. Oh! We liked this. Cafe au lait no problemo.
9. And we liked this too. My favourite McChicken.
Chicken and eggs is very hard to find in Switzerland and we do not eat beef, pork or ham. So McDonalds was a great relief.
10. A view of the alps from the cablecar carrying us up to Belalps.