21 May 2012
I just ran across some very funny "facts" while playing Portal 2, some of them are:
- The square root of rope is string.
- Humans can survive underwater. But not for very long.
- Whales are twice as intelligent, and three times as delicious, as humans.
- In Greek myth, Prometheus stole fire from the Gods and gave it to humankind. The jewelry he kept for himself.
- The Schrodinger's cat paradox outlines a situation in which a cat in a box must be considered, for all intents and purposes, simultaneously alive and dead. Schrodinger created this paradox as a justification for killing cats.
- Marie Curie invented the theory of radioactivity, the treatment of radioactivity, and dying of radioactivity.
- In 1948, at the request of a dying boy, baseball legend Babe Ruth ate seventy-five hot dogs, then died of hot dog poisoning.
- The automobile brake was not invented until 1895. Before this, someone had to remain in the car at all times, driving in circles until passengers returned from their errands.
- Edmund Hillary, the first person to climb Mount Everest, did so accidentally while chasing a bird.
- The first person to prove that cow's milk is drinkable was very, very thirsty.
- Before the invention of scrambled eggs in 1912, the typical breakfast was either whole eggs still in the shell or scrambled rocks.
- During the Great Depression, the Tennessee Valley Authority outlawed pet rabbits, forcing many to hot glue-gun long ears onto their pet mice.
- Dreams are the subconscious mind's way of reminding people to go to school naked and have their teeth fall out.
|My System Specs