Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Desktops: Tower on desk or floor?

View Poll Results: Where do you place your desktop tower?
Desk 24 42.86%
Floor 32 57.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

29 Sep 2009   #11
swarfega

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
When it is on the floor, it weighs quite a bit. When it is up on the shelf and I need to take it down, it weighs around 500 pounds.

About a hundred henway.

I also have that case. It weighs about 22kgs.

Mines on a trolley on the floor.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #12
jstar

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Antman you have a lot of hard drives o.o

what do you use them for?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #13
chuckr

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
What's a henway?
Not a vey accurate way to measure.
Just had to lock this one, for the 'Man'...

"Let the Sun shine in"
.
.


Attached Images
Desktops: Tower on desk or floor?-911fishfry.gif 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Sep 2009   #14
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Sometime ago, my friend defined a butt-load as a unit of measurement, but I forget the value.
Buttload = heavy

Pantload = too heavy to pick up
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #15
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jstar View Post
Antman you have a lot of hard drives o.o

what do you use them for?
Video editing w/two RAID0, a RAID5
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #16
jfar

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

Mine sits on the floor it doesn't weigh anything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #17
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
 
 

With the difference between the imperial (us ) and Metric (rest or the world ) system of measurement may I suggest a more universal measurement unit

The "Firkin"

This useful unit may be used to measure various parameters Such as weight length and even age

Two be easy for MAC users it is always used as a binary

For example

This is Two Firkin Heavy
This is Two Firkin Long

He is Two firkin Old
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #18
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jfar View Post
Mine sits on the floor it doesn't weigh anything.
It's not a scale.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #19
Antman

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
With the difference between the imperial (us ) and Metric (rest or the world ) system of measurement may I suggest a more universal measurement unit

The "Firkin"

This useful unit may be used to measure various parameters Such as weight length and even age

Two be easy for MAC users it is always used as a binary

For example

This is Two Firkin Heavy
This is Two Firkin Long

He is Two firkin Old
I am too firkin old to care if it is too firkin long, it still ain't too firkin heavy to get firkin up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2009   #20
chuckr

XP_Pro, W7_7201, W7RC.vhd, SciLinux5.3, Fedora12, Fedora9_2x, OpenSolaris_09-06
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Antman View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
With the difference between the imperial (us ) and Metric (rest or the world ) system of measurement may I suggest a more universal measurement unit

The "Firkin"

This useful unit may be used to measure various parameters Such as weight length and even age

Two be easy for MAC users it is always used as a binary

For example

This is Two Firkin Heavy
This is Two Firkin Long

He is Two firkin Old
I am too firkin old to care if it is too firkin long, it still ain't too firkin heavy to get firkin up.
Firkin thing won't go in...

A real b*tch, trying to install a firkin HDD...

"There's only 10 kinds of people in this world -- those that understand binary, and those that don't..."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Need: Virtual desktops on monitor 1, previews of desktops on monitor 2
Hello, Program recommendation thread. I need 4 virtual desktops; I have 1 monitor at 1080p, and 1 monitor at 720p. I would like the 1080p monitor to display the active virtual desktop, while the 720p monitor consistently maintains a "preview grid" of all the desktops available. As of right...
Software
Tower height off floor vs. dust?
I acknowledge this may be a silly question but here goes... For a normal tower computer without super duty fan has anyone ever bothered to determine at what ~ height off a carpeted floor will the fan suck significantly less carpet dust into the machine? Mark
General Discussion
Tower Inside Of CPU Desk Safe or Not?
I plan on purchasing this desk in the near future that will house the new PC I plan on building as well. The CPU Tower I plan on using is the NZXT Phantom 410. My question is, will it be unwise to house a PC tower such as the NZXT Phantom, inside the CPU storage area of the desk with the door...
General Discussion
Win 7 w/ Killing Floor Strange Issue.
Hello, I didn't know where to post this to be honest so feel free to move this if needed... anyways here it goes... I have recently purchased Killing Floor and I love it, it runs GREAT on Windows 7 RC I'm using the 7100 Build, my issue is more of an annoyance than anything else, but I digress......
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App