I agree as well. I don't let the sniffles keep me off work (although I won't be back until next Wednesday, as the Library is closed between Christmas and the New Year).
My chest, however, might be a different thing, as I think I've got a hematoma plus localised swelling which makes it impossible to lie on that side due to the pain. I've already had 2 ultrasound scans, but the results aren't clear enough. I'm currently waiting for an MRI or CT scan, which should show what the problem is in better detail. Depending on the results of that scan, it looks likely that I might need an operation on it. If that is the case, and I think it's quite likely as it isn't getting better on its own, then I could be off work for at least a month (or until the Doctor says I'm fit to return).
Give me toothache any day. At least, I'm able to resolve that pain relatively quickly (If in doubt, whip it out!), but I've had the other since before November, and I feel that it's about time something was done about it.