Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Today

30 Nov 2009   #561
DJG

 

As it often works out, she gets the mine, we get the shaft ... but it's all part of life. When I got divorced back in 86 I was a bit of a wreck for about three years. One day I woke up and realized, hey, this is actually pretty danged great! I'm free! Today I have no regrets, no hard feelings and many nice memories.

And today I'm just about done with my big web site upgrade. I've done more javascript I care to think about, but I'm finally quite happy with the results. I've also recreated over a thousand jpegs. I have one more new gallery to add - from the Moab, Utah area - and one old one from Indonesia to recreate, which I'll wait a bit as it's over a hbundred jpegs and I need a break. I think I've been working harder than when I was working ... .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2009   #562
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post

Least you have a Girlfriend
I went out with a girl for five years...was getting ready to be married (she was my High School Sweetheart)...we already had our kids named and I couldn't love anyone on this planet more...on our fifth anniversary, I had the ring and everything and was going to pop the question. She broke up with me because she wanted to take a break. I have since moved on...she contacted me awhile back and wanted to mend things but I didn't give her the time of day...

I haven't healed from the breakup and probably never will. It also changed me...I am much more cold-hearted than I used to be but I am starting to come around (thanks to my sweet little niece)
I know how it feels, just feels like nothing matters anymore. happened once, but oddly enough i still talk/see her on a daily basis, shes dating my 2nd best friend...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DJG View Post
As it often works out, she gets the mine, we get the shaft ... but it's all part of life. When I got divorced back in 86 I was a bit of a wreck for about three years. One day I woke up and realized, hey, this is actually pretty danged great! I'm free! Today I have no regrets, no hard feelings and many nice memories.

And today I'm just about done with my big web site upgrade. I've done more javascript I care to think about, but I'm finally quite happy with the results. I've also recreated over a thousand jpegs. I have one more new gallery to add - from the Moab, Utah area - and one old one from Indonesia to recreate, which I'll wait a bit as it's over a hbundred jpegs and I need a break. I think I've been working harder than when I was working ... .
Thanks for the comments folks! I can't help but to think that I am also hurting my new girlfriend...I like her and see us being together in the future...I just can't open up to her at all...I actually used to be open with all sorts of family and friends...now I avoid any conversations that get personal...

Actually this is as deep of a conversation I have had for awhile...I don't know what got me to post it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2009   #563
rsvr85

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
I went out with a girl for five years...was getting ready to be married (she was my High School Sweetheart)...we already had our kids named and I couldn't love anyone on this planet more...on our fifth anniversary, I had the ring and everything and was going to pop the question. She broke up with me because she wanted to take a break. I have since moved on...she contacted me awhile back and wanted to mend things but I didn't give her the time of day...

I haven't healed from the breakup and probably never will. It also changed me...I am much more cold-hearted than I used to be but I am starting to come around (thanks to my sweet little niece)
I know how it feels, just feels like nothing matters anymore. happened once, but oddly enough i still talk/see her on a daily basis, shes dating my 2nd best friend...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DJG View Post
As it often works out, she gets the mine, we get the shaft ... but it's all part of life. When I got divorced back in 86 I was a bit of a wreck for about three years. One day I woke up and realized, hey, this is actually pretty danged great! I'm free! Today I have no regrets, no hard feelings and many nice memories.

And today I'm just about done with my big web site upgrade. I've done more javascript I care to think about, but I'm finally quite happy with the results. I've also recreated over a thousand jpegs. I have one more new gallery to add - from the Moab, Utah area - and one old one from Indonesia to recreate, which I'll wait a bit as it's over a hbundred jpegs and I need a break. I think I've been working harder than when I was working ... .
Thanks for the comments folks! I can't help but to think that I am also hurting my new girlfriend...I like her and see us being together in the future...I just can't open up to her at all...I actually used to be open with all sorts of family and friends...now I avoid any conversations that get personal...

Actually this is as deep of a conversation I have had for awhile...I don't know what got me to post it
Opening up & trusting a person enough to open up to, will take time, especially after getting your heart broke.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Nov 2009   #564
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rsvr85 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post

I know how it feels, just feels like nothing matters anymore. happened once, but oddly enough i still talk/see her on a daily basis, shes dating my 2nd best friend...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DJG View Post
As it often works out, she gets the mine, we get the shaft ... but it's all part of life. When I got divorced back in 86 I was a bit of a wreck for about three years. One day I woke up and realized, hey, this is actually pretty danged great! I'm free! Today I have no regrets, no hard feelings and many nice memories.

And today I'm just about done with my big web site upgrade. I've done more javascript I care to think about, but I'm finally quite happy with the results. I've also recreated over a thousand jpegs. I have one more new gallery to add - from the Moab, Utah area - and one old one from Indonesia to recreate, which I'll wait a bit as it's over a hbundred jpegs and I need a break. I think I've been working harder than when I was working ... .
Thanks for the comments folks! I can't help but to think that I am also hurting my new girlfriend...I like her and see us being together in the future...I just can't open up to her at all...I actually used to be open with all sorts of family and friends...now I avoid any conversations that get personal...

Actually this is as deep of a conversation I have had for awhile...I don't know what got me to post it
Opening up & trusting a person enough to open up to, will take time, especially after getting your heart broke.
+1, just afraid of it happening again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2009   #565
rsvr85

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

There's no point going through life being scared. If i shied away from every bad experience with women i've had.....well........
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2009   #566
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by rsvr85 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post

I know how it feels, just feels like nothing matters anymore. happened once, but oddly enough i still talk/see her on a daily basis, shes dating my 2nd best friend...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DJG View Post
As it often works out, she gets the mine, we get the shaft ... but it's all part of life. When I got divorced back in 86 I was a bit of a wreck for about three years. One day I woke up and realized, hey, this is actually pretty danged great! I'm free! Today I have no regrets, no hard feelings and many nice memories.

And today I'm just about done with my big web site upgrade. I've done more javascript I care to think about, but I'm finally quite happy with the results. I've also recreated over a thousand jpegs. I have one more new gallery to add - from the Moab, Utah area - and one old one from Indonesia to recreate, which I'll wait a bit as it's over a hbundred jpegs and I need a break. I think I've been working harder than when I was working ... .
Thanks for the comments folks! I can't help but to think that I am also hurting my new girlfriend...I like her and see us being together in the future...I just can't open up to her at all...I actually used to be open with all sorts of family and friends...now I avoid any conversations that get personal...

Actually this is as deep of a conversation I have had for awhile...I don't know what got me to post it
Opening up & trusting a person enough to open up to, will take time, especially after getting your heart broke.
I think it is more than that...I have had my heart broke before and I was able to rebound and go on...

I just have no desire for such things anymore...I could care less about talking about my personal issues (or I might just be lieing to myself...)...I have a girlfriend to just have a girlfriend...and everytime I see Laura around or a picture of her, my blood boils and I become furious...

Many of my Mom's pictures of me included her and I made her get rid of all of them...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2009   #567
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

When a relationship flounders there are always two people involved who hurt.
Both suffer a lot afterwards & need time to readjust.
To trust others you first must trust yourself.
Learn from your experience & move on.
There is hope................
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2009   #568
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
...

I just have no desire for such things anymore...I could care less about talking about my personal issues (or I might just be lieing to myself...)...I have a girlfriend to just have a girlfriend...and everytime I see Laura around or a picture of her, my blood boils and I become furious...

Many of my Mom's pictures of me included her and I made her get rid of all of them...
It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

I've been constantly in love since 1974. The target of my love has changed many times. I hope the current target is also the last one.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2009   #569
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
...

I just have no desire for such things anymore...I could care less about talking about my personal issues (or I might just be lieing to myself...)...I have a girlfriend to just have a girlfriend...and everytime I see Laura around or a picture of her, my blood boils and I become furious...

Many of my Mom's pictures of me included her and I made her get rid of all of them...
It's better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

I've been constantly in love since 1974. The target of my love has changed many times. I hope the current target is also the last one.

Kari
Don't we all? Wish i had 1 target, and to hang onto her forever...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Nov 2009   #570
z3r010

 

You're far to young for that, try as many as possible before deciding to keep one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Today [15]
Continued from - Today I got called in to work last night ... and will have to do tonight .. then my week starts the following night ... no rest :rolleyes:
Chillout Room
Today [14.2]
Today I finally managed to confirm my internship for the end of this year! I'll be spending half a year in Brussels speaking French and doing fancy stuff as a Junior Management Consultant in one of the biggest companies out there! Really stoked about it, especially since I'll be working closely...
Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today?
YouTube - Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy It was amazing the number of people who walked by without getting a hug. "We all need hugs!"
Chillout Room
Today [6]
:note: continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/114036-today-5-a.html Today is Sunday and I'm NOT working. :D I'm at home on a Sunday after a very long time.
Chillout Room
Who did you hug today?
list those who you hugged today Poppa Anna Tracy Hope Mimi Mary Kate Tommy
Chillout Room
Today [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/27696-today.html Today, I'm fixing to take a nap. :sleepy:
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App