Why is broadband so expensive in the US

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

  1. Posts : 9,612
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
       #41

    z3r010 said:
    ...I've just sat down in a bar and am going just do it in person with my Spanish waiter lol.
    Do what?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 983
    10 x64 | 7 x64
       #42

    I just want to say, my RR service has gone up from about 35$ to 40$ now 55$ in a year & half. New fees you see. Speed is the same. It is now only about 10$ less then FiOS. Can't justify that, put another way the home service doesn't get used all that much either. I spend allot of free time at camp or on the property off the grid.
    I think these arrogant isp providers are looking at service like it is some kind of utility people depend upon and get away with charging what they can get away with.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 9,612
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
       #43

    Fantail said:
    ...I think these arrogant isp providers are looking at service like it is some kind of utility people depend upon and get away with charging what they can get away with.
    I thought it was some kind of utility people depend upon.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 49,945
    Windows 11 Workstation x64
       #44

    Lady Fitzgerald said:
    z3r010 said:
    ...I've just sat down in a bar and am going just do it in person with my Spanish waiter lol.
    Do what?
    FFS get your mind out of the gutter and read the full quote!!!!
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 598
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64
       #45

    When I lived in NYC for most of my life, recent decade it was about 45.99 per month for 10down/1up from time warner. Here in Eastern Europe for 45.99 a month USD I could have 100mbs down 50 up. Go figure.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,045
    Win8/8.1,Win7-U64, Vista U64, uncounted Linux distor's
       #46

    crankypenguin said:
    When I lived in NYC for most of my life, recent decade it was about 45.99 per month for 10down/1up from time warner. Here in Eastern Europe for 45.99 a month USD I could have 100mbs down 50 up. Go figure.
    Hi cranky

    I'm getting about 75/12 here in Oregon from comcast.net, it's been around $45 and now up to $55 a month for unlimited bandwidth. They sent me a cable box for the tv a few months ago to have free basic cable, like I'll drop Direct for that...not. I get my monies worth I guess, the connection feeds 6 computers, 2 are constantly sending and recieving, hub for two cell phones, streaming video for netflix, sat box and one smart tv. I have 10 or more wifi's going at one time without any problems, pretty amazing to me, I grew up with dial phones and rabbit ears. I'm amazed at the tv I get from a tiny usb devise on the pc for free.
      My Computer


 
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:26.
Find Us