Quote: Originally Posted by Layback Bear
I drink water out of the tap without a filter. To the best of my knowledge I'm not dead yet. What do you think people drank before some clown came up with bottled water. Then people lined up to drink tap water out of a bottle that was called sparkling on the bottle.
Same here. Back in my native Finland the average tap water is better than average bottled water, it has been tested by so many institutes and universities that I have to believe it. In fact, where I was born the water came from the same spring than to the local brewery; we got it from tap, they bottled and sold the same water.
Here in my adopted home country Germany the water is almost as good. I drink almost exclusively tap water here, even in pubs and restaurants I order "ein bißchen Leitungswasser" (a bit of tap water) with my whisky.
Anyway, as far as I have understood this legionella stuff correctly, it really spreads only through the vapors, through inhaling the fumes and vapors caused by contaminated water like when in shower or bath. Drinking it should be quite safe, you do not inhale a lot of water fumes when drinking.