Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Black Friday Internet Service

29 Nov 2013   #1
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 
Black Friday Internet Service

OK, we know how everyone is out looking for those Black Friday deals. So.... has everybody's Internet Service been affected by severe slowdowns???

At exactly Midnight (EDT)here (Hampton VA, USA), my internet service went wonkers and it is now nearly impossible to get anywhere without out lost connections, time-outs, of just plain ole slow service.

Anyone else seeing this?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2013   #2
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

My Comcast never shows any sign of slowness. It's very reliable no matter the time of day, etc. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Nov 2013   #3
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
My Comcast never shows any sign of slowness. It's very reliable no matter the time of day, etc. A Guy
For some odd reason Cox cable here went off line at exactly midnight

Seemed kind of suspicious since switching to my Verizon's phone's tethering service worked like a champ without any issues. Seemed to me Cox was trying to keep sales local instead of letting people shop on-line by disrupting the service. Well, that's my conspiracy theory for the year.

Anyway it was just strange the timing, especially when you consider most on-line retailers started their Black Friday sales at midnight. I'm sure it had to be pure coincidence

Anyway it's back up to normal now so...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Dec 2013   #4
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Yea my internet seems to slow or go down sometimes at midnight, using at&t services here. Don't know if it has anything to do with that since I been having that issue for two weeks but happens every so often on my end.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2013   #5
jadinolf

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Speaking of slow, Here's mine.....


Attached Images
Black Friday Internet Service-dsl.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Dec 2013   #6
UsernameIssues

W7 Pro SP1 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
...most on-line retailers started their Black Friday sales at midnight...
But wouldn't different retailers use different timezones?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2013   #7
Fantail

7 x64 | 7 x64
 
 

No slow downs, I did buy something online on black Friday but it ironically wasn't on sale.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2013   #8
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
My Comcast never shows any sign of slowness. It's very reliable no matter the time of day, etc. A Guy
For some odd reason Cox cable here went off line at exactly midnight

Seemed kind of suspicious since switching to my Verizon's phone's tethering service worked like a champ without any issues. Seemed to me Cox was trying to keep sales local instead of letting people shop on-line by disrupting the service. Well, that's my conspiracy theory for the year.

Anyway it was just strange the timing, especially when you consider most on-line retailers started their Black Friday sales at midnight. I'm sure it had to be pure coincidence

Anyway it's back up to normal now so...

I have Cox Cable i didn't notice a thing and we are behind you time wise

when internet slows down that's when people are on the most peak time and it being Black Friday Midnight that probably was just it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2013   #9
robinb9

Windows 7 Pro 32/64 bit and Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit/64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
My Comcast never shows any sign of slowness. It's very reliable no matter the time of day, etc. A Guy
same here
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Dec 2013   #10
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

I never noticed anything unusual. But I was not on at midnight.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
black friday 2016
I built this rig last black friday to try and save some money specs are ,thermaltake haf x with full window msi z97 gaming 5 mobo intel I7 4790k oc'ed to 4.6 on all cores 16 gb ddr3 1600 xmp corsair dominator pro @9.9.9.24 3 samsung 850 evo pro's @500gb 2 in raid 1 for games corsair gtx h100i...
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Samsung 840 PRO 256GB Black Friday Pricing?
Any guesses on what the Samsung 840 PRO 256GB SSD will be priced at, on or around Black Friday?
Chillout Room
Black Friday Shopping
Anybody here planning on going shopping on Black Friday? Its a tradition for my cousin and I to get up early and go to a store and try and get the one deal I want. Not sure what I'm going to try and get this year, but I got an email this morning about the Radio Shack and Target ads getting leaked...
Chillout Room
Walmart's Black Friday Rip-off
More at: Walmart's Black Friday Rip-off - Business Center - PC World Business Center
Chillout Room
Crazy Black Friday Deals!!
SF I have seen a few threads around about Black Friday deals and I thought it would be a great idea to just compile them in one single thread. This would allow members and guests alike to get the scoop before the mayhem occurs Friday... Here is one I heard...Best Buy is advertising a HP...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:39.
Twitter Facebook Google+