Sorry, I laughed my ample asset off! What a maroon!
He did remind me of an experiment I did when I was a kid. I wanted to see how much of a spark I could get off an old 12v automotive spark coil if I connected it to 120VAC. I had a pretty good arc going when I noticed the coil housing was starting to tip a bit because it was swelling up. Before I could grab the cord and pull the plug out of the wall (yeah, I know, that was a no-no but the plug itself was too far of a reach), the top blew off. I had "fun" explaining the oil stain on the ceiling of the work shop to my Daddy when he came home that evening. Amazingly, he let me off with a mild admonition not to do it again (I was expecting a whuppin'). Methinks he was just thankful I hadn't burned the place down or blown a hole in the ceiling.