Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Do you think you will upgrade to Windows 10?

View Poll Results: Are you going to upgrade to Windows 10?
Yes 14 35.00%
No 7 17.50%
Maybe 19 47.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

01 Oct 2014   #1
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 
Do you think you will upgrade to Windows 10?

Yes, no, maybe? Please share your thoughts!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2014   #2
JDobbsy1987

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Already Done!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2014   #3
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JDobbsy1987 View Post
Already Done!
I am trying it out on my main rig, as well as a couple of other systems. We'll see how this goes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Oct 2014   #4
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

From the rumors I was hearing (reading), I would have said no. What I've seen so far has raised it to a slight possibility. It will have to be spectacularly better than Win 7 for me to get over the flat, dimensionless graphics, especially since I'm quite satisfied with Win 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2014   #5
JDobbsy1987

Windows 8.1 Pro x64
 
 

I believe the Admin John has it running as his main machine and all good for him.

It does seem stable, i have it on a laptop and VirtualBox VM and they are both running great (even better when there are compatible guest additions for VB)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2014   #6
MrNeeds

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
From the rumors I was hearing (reading), I would have said no. What I've seen so far has raised it to a slight possibility. It will have to be spectacularly better than Win 7 for me to get over the flat, dimensionless graphics, especially since I'm quite satisfied with Win 7.
It's pretty much what Windows 8 should have been if Microsoft actually listened to their customers, I'm quite impressed with it so far, care to take it for a spin Jeannie?
(I sound like a car salesman lol)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2014   #7
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

I encourage everyone to try it, regardless if they think they will like it or not. Feedback is critical here, people need to download it, install it in a vm or something and give their opinion on improvements. If people do not like it, and did not participate they have no right to complain in my opinion. With windows 8, opinions were made-microsoft just did not listen. But this time, they are def going to listen. They have to.

Personally, I think it is way too early for a poll on this. Based on what I have seen/played with so far it seems stable and in the right direction. Whether or not they listen to feedback is the key.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2014   #8
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
I encourage everyone to try it, regardless if they think they will like it or not. Feedback is critical here, people need to download it, install it in a vm or something and give their opinion on improvements. If people do not like it, and did not participate they have no right to complain in my opinion. With windows 8, opinions were made-microsoft just did not listen. But this time, they are def going to listen. They have to.

Personally, I think it is way too early for a poll on this. Based on what I have seen/played with so far it seems stable and in the right direction. Whether or not they listen to feedback is the key.
Maybe in the future, someone (or I) will create a new poll for the final version. For right now, I am fine with this poll.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2014   #9
andrew129260

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Yes, I think that would be a great idea.

Sorry, did not mean that this poll was unnecessary. Did not mean to insult you. (hope it was not taken that way)

It is a good idea for people who have actually tried it to see there opinion based on it now.

This preview will change A LOT over time though. The interface could change a lot. So it would be interesting maybe with a poll with every major change to see what people think as feedback is incorporated.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Oct 2014   #10
windude99

Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by andrew129260 View Post
Yes, I think that would be a great idea.

Sorry, did not mean that this poll was unnecessary. Did not mean to insult you. (hope it was not taken that way)

It is a good idea for people who have actually tried it to see there opinion based on it now.

This preview will change A LOT over time though. The interface could change a lot. So it would be interesting maybe with a poll with every major change to see what people think as feedback is incorporated.
Yea that would be tedious to do... If someone else wants to do that for every major change, they are welcome to do it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
You will upgrade to Windows 10: Inside Microsoft's strong-arm upgrade
Seriously, I do not understand why MS is doing what they are doing. Does their survival depend on how many people they get to run 10? Are they just being draconian because they can be? There's something obviously going on behind the scenes, be it because of potential data gathering revenue or...
News
Windows 10 Upgrade Notification: No upgrade ready message
Since Windows 10 was announced that it will be free for Windows 7 and 8.1 users, that got me hyped up. There are many things I've found about Windows 10 that makes me want to have it such as DirectX 12 and Windows Aero (one of the reasons why I love Windows 7). I signed up to the Windows Insider...
Windows Updates & Activation
Windows upgrade starter to premium current key not valid for upgrade
I have got myself into a bit of a mess. I installed my version of windows starter on my mom's PC which was previously running vista. To see if it improved the performance or if the laptop itself was rubbish. It did so I purchased an upgrade to windows home premium. When I enter the upgrade key...
Installation & Setup
XP to windows 7 upgrade incompatibility issues caught by Upgrade Advis
I am trying to prep a computer to give to a friend. Last night, I reformatted it using the recovery discs that came with it. It is a Tosh Satellite A105. Today, I have been finding and installing updates to the system, trying to prepare it for an upgrade to win7, which is no easy task since I...
Installation & Setup
Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade with non-upgrade Ultimate license?
I'm about to buy a new laptop from Costco with Win 7 Home Premium. On my old (now smashed) laptop I have a Win 7 Ultimate install. Can I just use the Ultimate serial key to do the Anytime Upgrade on the new machine? I keep reading that I need to buy an "upgrade key." Thanks
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+