Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: got rear ended yesterday

19 Feb 2017   #1
HAVOC

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 
got rear ended yesterday

I left work, stopped in to CVS, and went home.
There was traffic ahead for a red light, as soon as I stopped, the car behind me didn't. He pushed me into the car in front of me.
I think my car is totaled. I don't have any pictures because I got taken to the hospital so I could be checked out. Going to see the car today.

The guy that hit me got a ticket for following too close. Calling my insurance and lawyer on Monday.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2017   #2
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
I left work, stopped in to CVS, and went home.
There was traffic ahead for a red light, as soon as I stopped, the car behind me didn't. He pushed me into the car in front of me.
I think my car is totaled. I don't have any pictures because I got taken to the hospital so I could be checked out. Going to see the car today.

The guy that hit me got a ticket for following too close. Calling my insurance and lawyer on Monday.
Wow! I'm so sorry that happened but I'm glad you are alright!

I don't know about your insurance company but mine has a number you can call 24/7 to report an accident. If yours does (it would be listed on the back of your insurance card), you might want to call them right away to let them know what happened just to be on the safe side, then talk to your agent and lawyer on Monday.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2017   #3
HAVOC

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

Ok. I call later today.
My back is killing me. I had a previous back injury and this didn't help.

Just checked the website (Allstate). There is a 24/7 number.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Feb 2017   #4
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
 
 

Make sure you get the report from the hospital - unfortunately although you are the victim you have to prove it to the legal profession
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2017   #5
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
Make sure you get the report from the hospital - unfortunately although you are the victim you have to prove it to the legal profession
Same for the police report of the accident. Your lawyer should be able to handle all that, though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2017   #6
HAVOC

Windows 7 Professional 64bit
 
 

The X-rays came back negative, so that's good.

I have to wait 5 days to get the accident report. I got the report from the hospital. The hospital wants insurance info from the other driver (I think), which I won't have until Friday.

I'm going to have my lawyer look at it. I don't know if he handles car accidents. He mainly does workers comp cases.

At least I get to try out my new printer/scanner/fax. My Lexmark that I had for 5 years died and I just bought a HP OfficeJet Pro 8710. I'm going to save everything to do with this accident.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2017   #7
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HAVOC View Post
I have to wait 5 days to get the accident report. I got the report from the hospital. The hospital wants insurance info from the other driver (I think), which I won't have until Friday.

I'm going to have my lawyer look at it. I don't know if he handles car accidents. He mainly does workers comp cases.

At least I get to try out my new printer/scanner/fax. My Lexmark that I had for 5 years died and I just bought a HP OfficeJet Pro 8710. I'm going to save everything to do with this accident.
Make sure you keep the originals of your paperwork even after you scan it (scanning is still an excellent idea). Some entities are still in the 20th century and will require originals, not copies.

I hope your back feels better soon!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2017   #8
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x2 Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Ubuntu
 
 

I have my insurance with the AA (original of the US AAA, not Alcoholics Anonymous )

What this means in practical terms is that should I have an accident I make one phone call and then an Incident manager will be assigned who will deal with everyone that needs to be dealt with, and they will allocate a specialist legal team to tie everything together - they will of course also arrange repairs / relocation of the vehicle and onwards transport of me and passengers if that is appropriate - Not had an incident in many years but good to have the re-assurance
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2017   #9
Lady Fitzgerald

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
I have my insurance with the AA (original of the US AAA, not Alcoholics Anonymous )

What this means in practical terms is that should I have an accident I make one phone call and then an Incident manager will be assigned who will deal with everyone that needs to be dealt with, and they will allocate a specialist legal team to tie everything together - they will of course also arrange repairs / relocation of the vehicle and onwards transport of me and passengers if that is appropriate - Not had an incident in many years but good to have the re-assurance
Things are a wee bit different over on our side of the pond. While some insurance companies will assist with legal and other matters after an accident, they mostly look out for their own interests (some are better than others). Still, it's best to get them onboard as soon as possible after an accident.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Feb 2017   #10
ThrashZone

Win-7-Pro64bit 7-H-Prem-64bit
 
 

Hi,
Bummer
I'm sure if your lawyer isn't interested they will surely have a referral
Hopefully the person whom hit you has insurance it is not automatic unfortunately.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Has Support Ended on Windows 7?
I thought I heard something the other day to the effect that support on Windows 7 has either stopped already or is about to stop in the near future? Is that correct? If so, what date are they giving? Also, am I correct in believing that when they drop support they will also immediately stop all...
General Discussion
TrueCrypt: Development has ended
The demise of TrueCrypt: May 2014: TrueCrypt.sourceforge.net: Migrating from TrueCrypt to BitLocker GRC: Final TrueCrypt, Release Repository TrueCrypt Is Back, But Should It Be? - Forbes
News
Problem reinstalling Windows 7 (ended up with two of them, both bad!)
Hi guys. The motherboard had to be replaced only a few months after my purchase of this DELL system, and the computer was still running slowly and giving me weird problems and general slowness, so a few weeks after that repair I decided to reinstall Windows for the first time. I backed up the...
Installation & Setup
Crashes and problems ended
This is just for the benefit of anyone with a smillar circumistances...... Recently I had a lot of problems with my system ..Explorer stopping every 10 minutes , recycle bin dont open , can't delete any media files ,very sluggish proformance and slow shutdown and start up...... I was about to wipe...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App