Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Crazy Case Mod

24 Nov 2009   #1
Shade

Windows 7 x64
 
 
Crazy Case Mod

I'm not sure if anyone here saw this, or read about it on Engadget. But this case mod has to be the sexiest thing I have ever seen in my life.



OS Xbox Pro Specs:
  • Intel Core2 Q9550S @2.93GHz
  • Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR
  • Sparkle GeForce 9800 GT
  • 8GB Crucial Ballistix 1333MHz
  • Highpoint RocketRAID 2640x1
  • 2x 160GB 5400rpm Seagate Momentus HDD
  • 2x 500GB 7200rpm Seagate Momentus HDD
  • 16GB 1.8" Super Talent MasterDrive KX SSD
  • EFiX USB V1
  • OS - Ubuntu, Windows 7, and OSX
Final cost for this amazing machine was just about $1,500.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #2
seekermeister

W7x64 Pro, SuSe 12.1/** W7 x64 Pro, XP MCE
 
 

If Newegg weren't it's sponsor, I would have like it more, but there was so little left of the original Xbox, I don't see why he didn't start from scratch?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #3
ripbox

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

where is the dvd drive?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Nov 2009   #4
jfar

Vista Ult64, Win7600
 
 

Nice one, good video Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #5
ManyBeers

Windows 7 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I'm not sure if anyone here saw this, or read about it on Engadget. But this case mod has to be the sexiest thing I have ever seen in my life.



OS Xbox Pro Specs:
  • Intel Core2 Q9550S @2.93GHz
  • Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR
  • Sparkle GeForce 9800 GT
  • 8GB Crucial Ballistix 1333MHz
  • Highpoint RocketRAID 2640x1
  • 2x 160GB 5400rpm Seagate Momentus HDD
  • 2x 500GB 7200rpm Seagate Momentus HDD
  • 16GB 1.8" Super Talent MasterDrive KX SSD
  • EFiX USB V1
  • OS - Ubunt, Windows 7, and OSX
Final cost for this amazing machine was just about $1,500.
Not to play the one-upmanship game but if you are into case madding you have to check out this link....Cygnus X1. - Page 51 - bit-tech.net Forums.
I have the link on page 52 but if you check it start from the beginning. Many people have been following the build for sometime now and he is almost done.
Teaser:


Attached Thumbnails
Crazy Case Mod-case-build.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #6
Prefontaine

Windows7
 
 

Nice! $1500. Parts only- I hope . Lots of work in that thing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Nov 2009   #7
mushroomboy

Windows 7, Linux
 
 

hackaday.com

Xbox crammed into inch-thick package - Hack a Day
Pelican case Xbox 360 - Hack a Day

The list goes on for CrAzY case haxorz!!! ****, I've seen custom LCD screens people have made (that aren't on hackaday). If you have the tools, the time, and the supplies you can make anything. Trust me, anything!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2009   #8
Shade

Windows 7 x64
 
 

It's crazy what people can do these days, but makes you wonder how come they aren't out designing computer cases for big companies?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ripbox View Post
where is the dvd drive?
I didn't even think about that until now. While it is a inconvenience; it doesn't need a CD Drive, considering nowadays you can just rip everything from a CD and put it on a thumb drive. IF you really need something from a CD. But, a DVD Drive is different. But just depends if you watch movies on your computer, or use a DVD player. So it isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but it is a let down.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2009   #9
mushroomboy

Windows 7, Linux
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shade View Post
It's crazy what people can do these days, but makes you wonder how come they aren't out designing computer cases for big companies?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ripbox View Post
where is the dvd drive?
I didn't even think about that until now. While it is a inconvenience; it doesn't need a CD Drive, considering nowadays you can just rip everything from a CD and put it on a thumb drive. IF you really need something from a CD. But, a DVD Drive is different. But just depends if you watch movies on your computer, or use a DVD player. So it isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but it is a let down.

USB/eSATA drive?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Nov 2009   #10
ripbox

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mushroomboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shade View Post
It's crazy what people can do these days, but makes you wonder how come they aren't out designing computer cases for big companies?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ripbox View Post
where is the dvd drive?
I didn't even think about that until now. While it is a inconvenience; it doesn't need a CD Drive, considering nowadays you can just rip everything from a CD and put it on a thumb drive. IF you really need something from a CD. But, a DVD Drive is different. But just depends if you watch movies on your computer, or use a DVD player. So it isn't necessarily a deal breaker, but it is a let down.

USB/eSATA drive?
Yeah but doesnt it defeat the object of cramming all that stuff in to such a small space to have an external drive hanging off it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Svchost.exe Crazy High CPU Usage and Crazy High Memory Usage
There is a serious issue with svchost.exe on my windows 7 computer. My HP Touchsmart 300-1025 has windows 7 64bit installed and svchost is slowing down the computer and using very high cpu and memory usage. It is not a virus or malware. I know the computer is not infected because one the computer...
Performance & Maintenance
Fan runs crazy, track-pad crazy, browser hangs, slow & unresponsive
Hi All, I hope someone here can help me as I can't go on with this crazy machine any longer... My machine is a 2012 Sony Vaio, I've just updated my system specs. What happens is the following: The fan runs for no apparent reason. It just takes off, loud and blowing out hot air even though the...
General Discussion
The Case of the Missing Pillow Case
Please press play to set the right mood as you read. ;) NzlG28B-R8Y The Case of the Missing Pillow Case Today appeared to be a normal day just like any other. I had decided that I should strip the beds and wash the sheets from them since it had been a while and they were starting to...
Chillout Room
Want a totally crazy Mini ITX case, look no further lol..
I saw this today and had to post it, it's certainly an original design for a case, but not on the cheap side haha! Lian Li PC-CK101LB mini-ITX case with Motor - Black
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Crazy case Modds
Found this one in a Tomshardware article on Crazy And Unique Case Mods. Article The Nvidia SLI Machine Motorcycle - Picture Story - Tom's Hardware Thought it moght be insteresting to see some others have come accross. Fabe
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App