Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Walmart's Black Friday Rip-off

28 Nov 2009   #21
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pacinitaly View Post

The problem is systemic. As long as there is no legislation to protect the employee, they are not going to change. In Germany, Walmart opened a lot of shops. But they had to deal with the local laws and the unions. They lost millions year after year and folded tent after 7 years. Their system and the German system were incompatible.
You know I believe that the company really went downhill after Sam Walton died and now the company is ran by his kids...

Wal-Mart used to be a great store to buy from...not so much anymore
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #22
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pacinitaly View Post

The problem is systemic. As long as there is no legislation to protect the employee, they are not going to change. In Germany, Walmart opened a lot of shops. But they had to deal with the local laws and the unions. They lost millions year after year and folded tent after 7 years. Their system and the German system were incompatible.
You know I believe that the company really went downhill after Sam Walton died and now the company is ran by his kids...

Wal-Mart used to be a great store to buy from...not so much anymore
It still is a great store to buy from, depending on where you live/time of year. It saddens me that they are no longer 24/7 over here. I use to love going there at 3am when I was bored.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #23
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post


The problem is systemic. As long as there is no legislation to protect the employee, they are not going to change. In Germany, Walmart opened a lot of shops. But they had to deal with the local laws and the unions. They lost millions year after year and folded tent after 7 years. Their system and the German system were incompatible.
You know I believe that the company really went downhill after Sam Walton died and now the company is ran by his kids...

Wal-Mart used to be a great store to buy from...not so much anymore
It still is a great store to buy from, depending on where you live/time of year. It saddens me that they are no longer 24/7 over here. I use to love going there at 3am when I was bored.
Regardless of personal experiences (the Wal-Mart at my college is 24/7 and is normally great to buy from...), the quality of the company and its stores has went down over the years...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Nov 2009   #24
Dark Nova Gamer

Windows 7 Ultimate, OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNovaGamer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post

You know I believe that the company really went downhill after Sam Walton died and now the company is ran by his kids...

Wal-Mart used to be a great store to buy from...not so much anymore
It still is a great store to buy from, depending on where you live/time of year. It saddens me that they are no longer 24/7 over here. I use to love going there at 3am when I was bored.
Regardless of personal experiences (the Wal-Mart at my college is 24/7 and is normally great to buy from...), the quality of the company and its stores has went down over the years...
Well, I suppose that is true. The employee's seem a bit more dense as well. I tried exchanging a Xbox 360 controller for a different color (I spoke to the manager earlier to confirm I could do that, I was within the 30 day return/exchange limit).

The person I spoke at the store wasted 1 hour of my life trying to tell me I couldn't do that and that I only had 14 days with Xbox 360 Controllers to exchange/controllers. I didn't let it go, went to a different manager (first one I spoke to wasn't there, the next one was late) and he told the worker that I DO have the right to do it and I AM within the ""30 days"" The receipt said I had.

Got an apology for the trouble, got my full money back and the product for free (with the different color I wanted). I think I got side tracked in this post.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #25
AlexT2889

Windows 7™ Home Premium x64/Sony PS3 XrossMediaBar™ FW 3.30/Sony PSP XrossMediaBar™ FW 6.20
 
 

I work at Wal-Mart as full-time overnight Associate, I don't fall for all the BS that non-informers spew about Wal-Mart since it's a great store to work at.

The whole ticket thing went out at my store for Wal-Marts own personal "pre-Black Friday" 3 weeks ago, we had long lines of customers come in at 12am till around 6am buying tickets for the real Black-Friday. The only way you can know is to ask the damn Associate, don't come in here and complain because you KNOW Black-Friday is around the corner and lots of big stores have deals that go on before that big event to help customers get in first on the actual day. So next time, ASK!

Oh yea, it's hilarious how when anything becomes remotely SUCCESSFUL people are quick to jump on it and hate it. I congratulate Wal-Marts superior power with the Capitalist system. Haters move to China or get in a time-machine and go to Soviet Union. Wal-Marts all over the country are constantly hiring new people, hell my Wal-Mart went through 6 months of rigorous Remodelling when the Economy is in the toilet. We are STILL hiring lots of people on a daily basis. That speaks for something good. Wal-Mart is the ONLY damn place hiring in my town of 10,000 people for god sakes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #26
Uber Philf

W7 RTM Ultimate x64
 
 

This is going to be messy -runs-
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #27
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889 View Post
I work at Wal-Mart as full-time overnight Associate, I don't fall for all the BS that non-informers spew about Wal-Mart since it's a great store to work at.

The whole ticket thing went out at my store for Wal-Marts own personal "pre-Black Friday" 3 weeks ago, we had long lines of customers come in at 12am till around 6am buying tickets for the real Black-Friday. The only way you can know is to ask the damn Associate, don't come in here and complain because you KNOW Black-Friday is around the corner and lots of big stores have deals that go on before that big event to help customers get in first on the actual day. So next time, ASK!

Oh yea, it's hilarious how when anything becomes remotely SUCCESSFUL people are quick to jump on it and hate it. I congratulate Wal-Marts superior power with the Capitalist system. Haters move to China or get in a time-machine and go to Soviet Union.
Except...it is false advertising to offer a deal that will be available on Black Friday only to sell the deal beforehand...

It would have been different if Wal-Mart had advertised it as a Black Friday deal with the ability to also "pre-order"...

I think that Wal-Mart (and many other companies) are losing sight of what Black Friday is all about...it is a ONE DAY shop-a-thon where you can expect good deals with some competition to boot
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #28
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Uber Philf View Post
This is going to be messy -runs-
*sigh*no kidding...after my last comment I abandon any further needless argument...

The proof of my prior comments is readily accessible...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #29
AlexT2889

Windows 7™ Home Premium x64/Sony PS3 XrossMediaBar™ FW 3.30/Sony PSP XrossMediaBar™ FW 6.20
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889 View Post
I work at Wal-Mart as full-time overnight Associate, I don't fall for all the BS that non-informers spew about Wal-Mart since it's a great store to work at.

The whole ticket thing went out at my store for Wal-Marts own personal "pre-Black Friday" 3 weeks ago, we had long lines of customers come in at 12am till around 6am buying tickets for the real Black-Friday. The only way you can know is to ask the damn Associate, don't come in here and complain because you KNOW Black-Friday is around the corner and lots of big stores have deals that go on before that big event to help customers get in first on the actual day. So next time, ASK!

Oh yea, it's hilarious how when anything becomes remotely SUCCESSFUL people are quick to jump on it and hate it. I congratulate Wal-Marts superior power with the Capitalist system. Haters move to China or get in a time-machine and go to Soviet Union.
Except...it is false advertising to offer a deal that will be available on Black Friday only to sell the deal beforehand...

It would have been different if Wal-Mart had advertised it as a Black Friday deal with the ability to also "pre-order"...

I think that Wal-Mart (and many other companies) are losing sight of what Black Friday is all about...it is a ONE DAY shop-a-thon where you can expect good deals with some competition to boot
How is it false advertising? NO ONE knows about it unless you ask, hell a lot of the non-Electronic Dept. Associates had no Fing clue about the tickets either, including me until I asked what was going on with the long lines all night. You just have to ask, and Wal-Mart isn't losing sight what Black Friday is about because we have group meetings every day before we start work and we constantly discussed "Event Day" aka Black Friday way back in October until the last second when it started at 5am SHARP, but I wasn't there (THANK GOD) because it was my weekend off.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Nov 2009   #30
Zidane24

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 - Mac OS X 10.6.4 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zidane24 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AlexT2889 View Post
I work at Wal-Mart as full-time overnight Associate, I don't fall for all the BS that non-informers spew about Wal-Mart since it's a great store to work at.

The whole ticket thing went out at my store for Wal-Marts own personal "pre-Black Friday" 3 weeks ago, we had long lines of customers come in at 12am till around 6am buying tickets for the real Black-Friday. The only way you can know is to ask the damn Associate, don't come in here and complain because you KNOW Black-Friday is around the corner and lots of big stores have deals that go on before that big event to help customers get in first on the actual day. So next time, ASK!

Oh yea, it's hilarious how when anything becomes remotely SUCCESSFUL people are quick to jump on it and hate it. I congratulate Wal-Marts superior power with the Capitalist system. Haters move to China or get in a time-machine and go to Soviet Union.
Except...it is false advertising to offer a deal that will be available on Black Friday only to sell the deal beforehand...

It would have been different if Wal-Mart had advertised it as a Black Friday deal with the ability to also "pre-order"...

I think that Wal-Mart (and many other companies) are losing sight of what Black Friday is all about...it is a ONE DAY shop-a-thon where you can expect good deals with some competition to boot
How is it false advertising? NO ONE knows about it unless you ask, hell a lot of the non-Electronic Dept. Associates had no Fing clue about the tickets either, including me until I asked what was going on with the long lines all night. You just have to ask, and Wal-Mart isn't losing sight what Black Friday is about because we have group meetings every day before we start work and we constantly discussed "Event Day" aka Black Friday way back in October until the last second when it started at 5am SHARP, but I wasn't there (THANK GOD) because it was my weekend off.
Like I said...I am not going to comment further...I apologize if you miss the point...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Black Friday Internet Service
OK, we know how everyone is out looking for those Black Friday deals. So.... has everybody's Internet Service been affected by severe slowdowns??? At exactly Midnight (EDT)here (Hampton VA, USA), my internet service went wonkers and it is now nearly impossible to get anywhere without out lost...
Chillout Room
Prepare for Black Friday, avoid these products!
Verkkokauppa.com (Verkko (Fi) = Net (En), kauppa (Fi) = store (En)) is the biggest electronics retailer in Finland, one of the top 5 in whole Scandinavia. Last year they started to publish lists about the percentage of the individual products they sell needing to be serviced and repaired or...
Chillout Room
Samsung 840 PRO 256GB Black Friday Pricing?
Any guesses on what the Samsung 840 PRO 256GB SSD will be priced at, on or around Black Friday?
Chillout Room
Black Friday Holiday deals/sales
One to look out for at Newegg.
Chillout Room
Black Friday Shopping
Anybody here planning on going shopping on Black Friday? Its a tradition for my cousin and I to get up early and go to a store and try and get the one deal I want. Not sure what I'm going to try and get this year, but I got an email this morning about the Radio Shack and Target ads getting leaked...
Chillout Room
Crazy Black Friday Deals!!
SF I have seen a few threads around about Black Friday deals and I thought it would be a great idea to just compile them in one single thread. This would allow members and guests alike to get the scoop before the mayhem occurs Friday... Here is one I heard...Best Buy is advertising a HP...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:12.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App