Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: its cold out there tonight......

06 Jan 2010   #21
z3r010

 

1 inch of snow and no school

Every year we get a light dusting of snow and the country falls apart, TBH it just seems like an excuse for people to take a day off.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #22
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Well, our school has lots of transport closing because of maybe heavier snow in those parts than where i am. also, some trains have stopped because of the rails.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #23
z3r010

 

In my entire time at school it never once closed due to weather, these days a few inches of snow falls and everything shuts down.

Health & Safety has turn the country soft.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Jan 2010   #24
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Lol, but we were going to go through mushy fields at school - cross country in this weather?
lol i glad they closed the school
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #25
Joan Archer

Windows 10 64bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
In my entire time at school it never once closed due to weather, these days a few inches of snow falls and everything shuts down.

Health & Safety has turn the country soft.
Ain't that the truth, we never got the time off either for snow fall and it was a lot more than an inch
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #26
spinifex

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
In my entire time at school it never once closed due to weather, these days a few inches of snow falls and everything shuts down.

Health & Safety has turn the country soft.
Ain't that the truth, we never got the time off either for snow fall and it was a lot more than an inch
Maybe you could take them to court.

Days off in lieu for the ones where you should have stayed at home.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #27
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
1 inch of snow and no school

Every year we get a light dusting of snow and the country falls apart, TBH it just seems like an excuse for people to take a day off.
Haven't replied all day, but once i got outside this morning, i discovered that only certain parts were 1 inch high in snow, the rest was about 10 -15 cm's and in the afternoon lots of heavy snow, and had a little fun wading through the cold slush
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2010   #28
skunksmash

SEVEN x64
 
 

we are snowed under here in the Norfolk countryside....., this little village has come to a COMPLETE standstill.....

kids are happy..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2010   #29
z3r010

 

We're on day 3 now and the first car has just managed to get off our street, there were several attempts yesterday, but all failed.

I think I'm the only person in work
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Jan 2010   #30
skunksmash

SEVEN x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
We're on day 3 now and the first car has just managed to get off our street, there were several attempts yesterday, but all failed.

I think I'm the only person in work

lol....well to be fair you dont have much of a commute


now there's a bit of snow on the ground its far safer on foot than in the motor...... i was out this morning & they're sliding all over the place

warning   Warning
........please dont travel if you really dont have too.......


grab a coffee & sit here with us
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Anyone having Issues with MSN tonight ?
I'm having trouble with my home page MSN loading correctly.
Chillout Room
used 'restore' tonight -- PC 'would not start'...
I didn't bother to try to 'start up normally', I just went through the options it gave me to fix things, it said it would do a 'restore', and then it restarted normally. where do I go to find out what it has done? (e.g., if it has gone back pre- some program, or some windows update that happened...
Backup and Restore
My best friend won a Million Dollars tonight
http://transamws6.com/pics/pc/2010/jon%20friedman.jpg He won the Doritos Crash the Superbowl with his commercial Man's Best Friend. I am so happy for him. y3bqbJduK2w
Chillout Room
Was going so well until tonight then BSOD
Hi Guys can you please take a look and tell what has caused this BSOD was running so well until now :( Steve
BSOD Help and Support
Anyone else having problems with BBC Iplayer tonight?
Im wondering if it's me... or them basically, everything i try to watch tonight isn't working, the "loading" wheel is spinning, but nothings happening until it just says "sorry content not loading" oddly i can watch Live TV fine, its just the catchup bit that seems broke
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:02.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App