Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: UN wants tax on Internet

17 Jan 2010   #21
Shade

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Why bother donating money to loss-causes? Pretty much every 3rd World Country is ran by some Dictator, or has a huge corrupt presence (whether it's gangs, or an actual corrupt government.) So, we are suppose to give money to support said acts? Ahh, but don't worry. Obama will bankrupt our nation soon enough, then we will turn to a 3rd World Country! Our woes will fall on deaf ears, while we still get mandated to help other nations. But since we are talking about governments, and nations...

"If you cross the North Korean Border Illegally you get 12 years hard labor. If you cross the Iranian Border Illegally you are detained indefinitely. If you cross the Afghan Border Illegally, you get shot. If you cross the Saudi Arabian Border Illegally you will be jailed. If you cross the Chinese Border Illegally you may never be heard from again. If you cross the Venezuelan Border Illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed. If you cross the Cuban Border Illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.. If you cross the U.S. Border Illegally you get a job, a drivers license, social security card, welfare, food stamps, credit cards, subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house, free education, free health care, a lobbyist in Washington and in any instance you can vote."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #22
valtonray

Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition
 
 

the best way to help these developing nations is to teach them agriculture and how to use the resources their country has to create jobs. but the previous poster was right, until they can reach a state of peace within their own borders and with their neighboring countries then nothing will ever improve for them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #23
surfasb

Windows 7
 
 

Yup, just let them kill each other til they get tired and bored. Then we can send them some food.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jan 2010   #24
NinaJay

Windows 7 x 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Shade View Post
Why bother donating money to loss-causes? Pretty much every 3rd World Country is ran by some Dictator, or has a huge corrupt presence (whether it's gangs, or an actual corrupt government.) So, we are suppose to give money to support said acts? Ahh, but don't worry. Obama will bankrupt our nation soon enough, then we will turn to a 3rd World Country! Our woes will fall on deaf ears, while we still get mandated to help other nations. But since we are talking about governments, and nations...

"If you cross the North Korean Border Illegally you get 12 years hard labor. If you cross the Iranian Border Illegally you are detained indefinitely. If you cross the Afghan Border Illegally, you get shot. If you cross the Saudi Arabian Border Illegally you will be jailed. If you cross the Chinese Border Illegally you may never be heard from again. If you cross the Venezuelan Border Illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed. If you cross the Cuban Border Illegally you will be thrown into political prison to rot.. If you cross the U.S. Border Illegally you get a job, a drivers license, social security card, welfare, food stamps, credit cards, subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house, free education, free health care, a lobbyist in Washington and in any instance you can vote."
It's funny that in Australia that exact email is being sent around right now. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the US doesn't even have free medical for its own citizens so what's the deal with refugees getting free medical?

Anyway, without turning this into too big of a debate because I can see some of the comments here are making me a bit angry, I DON'T agree with taxing the internet but I definitely do agree that governments of developed nations and individual citizens of developed nations SHOULD be doing everything they can to help those less fortunate. Whether it is within their own borders or internationally. I don't agree with bankrupting your own country in order to achieve this but I also don't get the 'let them sort their own sh*t out' mentality.

And some of the comments here are either searching for a bite or are just plain ignorant ...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #25
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

I have nothing against aid to disaster struck areas...But what chaps my *** is the UN telling us that we should pass a special tax to do it....If it werent for the largess of the member nations ( which unfortunately we are a part of ) the UN wouldnt exist....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #26
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
I have nothing against aid to disaster struck areas...But what chaps my *** is the UN telling us that we should pass a special tax to do it....If it werent for the largess of the member nations ( which unfortunately we are a part of ) the UN wouldnt exist....

I feel the US needs to get out of the UN and the UN needs to get out of the US.

There, I said it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #27
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
I have nothing against aid to disaster struck areas...But what chaps my *** is the UN telling us that we should pass a special tax to do it....If it werent for the largess of the member nations ( which unfortunately we are a part of ) the UN wouldnt exist....

I feel the US needs to get out of the UN and the UN needs to get out of the US.

There, I said it.
Well said Ted!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #28
garysgold

Vista Ult 64 bit Seven Ult RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
I have nothing against aid to disaster struck areas...But what chaps my *** is the UN telling us that we should pass a special tax to do it....If it werent for the largess of the member nations ( which unfortunately we are a part of ) the UN wouldnt exist....

I feel the US needs to get out of the UN and the UN needs to get out of the US.

There, I said it.
Well said Ted!
+1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #29
Fantail

7 x64 | 7 x64
 
 

The frackin UN is the largest welfare addict in existance.
I'd say people who think the UN cares about any nations sovereign rights are foolish. Maybe they need money to pay for condoms for when they go into a village and rape women and chilrden, creeps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2010   #30
ThePizzaMan

Windows 7 Ulitimate Beta 32 Bit, Windows Vista 32 Bit, Ubuntu 9.10 32 Bit
 
 

don't even get me started on the complete morons that are the political leaders of today... if they would back their tiny little minds up and look at what everything they are doing to run the US (as other leaders are doing to their own countries) into the ground the problems of this world might just get solved but right now they are just chasing the $ which will make us all bankrupt one day.... i haven't even reached 18 yet but i know i'm going to be paying for the current leaders stupid choices and little worthless pet projects for the rest of my life.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Desktop WIFI Internet Issue - Connected, but Slow/Dropped Internet
I've been battling this particular issue for a couple of weeks now without much success. I have a custom built desktop where my WIFI connection will deteriorate to the point where internet (and gaming over Steam, etc...) will be either painfully slow or unable to load pages at all. Windows claims...
Network & Sharing
BSOD Randomly while perusing internet or sitting idle on internet
Not really sure how else to describe when it happens, because it's just started doing it. I'm never doing anything major and, a few minutes ago, was simply sitting on open webpages on Chrome. Thank you for your help!
BSOD Help and Support
Internet acting strange - can't port forward - no ipv6 internet access
Hey guys I have a really frustrating problem right now and I was wondering if anyone could help me. Very recently, my forwarded ports stayed closed (even though I've definitely opened them from the router page) and configuring a static ip gets really random. I'm using a Belkin wireless...
Network & Sharing
Internet sharing via Virtual Wifi miniport drops internet access
Hi All, I have established a Virtual Wifi Miniport and would like to share my laptops internet via the Miniport. Whenever I connect my android phone with this access point, it works perfectly for a few minutes and then all of a sudden there is no internet on the phone. The phone remains connected...
Network & Sharing
Internet Explorer - Temporary Internet Files - Disk Space Usage
How to Change Disk Space to be Used by Internet Explorer "Temporary Internet Files" Temporary Internet Files is where Internet Explorer stores copies of webpages, images, and media of sites that you have visited in Internet Explorer for faster viewing later in Internet Explorer by not having to...
Tutorials
Internet Explorer - Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when closed
How to Set Internet Explorer to "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed" The Temporary Internet Files folder is the cache folder where copies of webpages, images, and media are saved at for faster viewing in Internet Explorer. By default, the Temporary Internet Files...
Tutorials


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:03.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App