Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Steve Jobs is angry.....allegedly.

03 Feb 2010   #11
stew2

 

I would like to see more companies take a stand against flash. I think its a buggy, security risk, piece of rubbish software, that i wish would just go away.

So kudos to apple for not using it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2010   #12
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stew2 View Post
I would like to see more companies take a stand against flash. I think its a buggy, security risk, piece of rubbish software, that i wish would just go away.

So kudos to apple for not using it.
Totally agree. Its really crap. You know i've tried to program Flash? It lacks stuff big time. Dont know an alternative tho, does someone? They also dont make support for 64-bit Ubuntu, or 64-bit Opera. LOL
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2010   #13
smarteyeball

 
 

Besides FF and it's FlashBlock plus addon, in other browsers, I wish I could block 97% of flash based related material anyway....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Feb 2010   #14
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stew2 View Post
I would like to see more companies take a stand against flash. I think its a buggy, security risk, piece of rubbish software, that i wish would just go away.

So kudos to apple for not using it.
Totally agree. Its really crap. You know i've tried to program Flash? It lacks stuff big time. Dont know an alternative tho, does someone? They also dont make support for 64-bit Ubuntu, or 64-bit Opera. LOL
Funnily enough, I installed Flash for Windows, then Flash for Opera, then Flash for IE8. So when I uninstalled it and reinstalled the newest version, who knows what goes where? It all works though. As for 64-bit Ubuntu, I think its supported.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2010   #15
smarteyeball

 
 

x64 beta Flash is available for some Linux distros.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Feb 2010   #16
Coolness

Win 7 pro 64-bit, Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Coolness View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stew2 View Post
I would like to see more companies take a stand against flash. I think its a buggy, security risk, piece of rubbish software, that i wish would just go away.

So kudos to apple for not using it.
Totally agree. Its really crap. You know i've tried to program Flash? It lacks stuff big time. Dont know an alternative tho, does someone? They also dont make support for 64-bit Ubuntu, or 64-bit Opera. LOL
Funnily enough, I installed Flash for Windows, then Flash for Opera, then Flash for IE8. So when I uninstalled it and reinstalled the newest version, who knows what goes where? It all works though. As for 64-bit Ubuntu, I think its supported.
Nope, i had to get a workaround, a shell script made by some random guy. Its beta, and does not work on my OS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Why Steve Jobs never had a license plate
Might be old news to some of you, I thought it was interesting... Mystery solved: Why Steve Jobs
Chillout Room
Steve Jobs has died.
Steve Jobs: Ex-Apple CEO Dies - ABC News
News
Steve Jobs looking for more control over Mac systems
Here is some interesting news from the Apple: It appears that Apple is ready to do to Mac OS what they’ve done to their iPhone and iPad – lock out applications that do not pay to be in their “Mac Apps Store.” Gawker reports that in order for developers to...
Chillout Room
Stop The Madness Steve Jobs!
An open letter from an Apple developer to the madman who is Steve Jobs. I think this really portrays what the little guys are going through when they decide to make and submit their iPhone applications to the App Store. Very interesting read, take a look. Opinions on the matter? Stop...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App