Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: If for some reason you couldn't use Windows 7...

View Poll Results: What OS would you be using if not Win7?
Windows XP 25 27.17%
Windows Vista 51 55.43%
Mac OS X 3 3.26%
A Linux distro 13 14.13%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

01 Mar 2010   #21
KazeNoKoe23

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Valid question, I would choose Vista, but why wouldn't I be able to use 7?
Just a hypothetical scenario, like if 7 never got released or something.

Honestly I'm surprised at how many people chose Vista. Much of the criticism towards it is unfounded nowadays, but many people still believe that it's a horrible OS because of issues that were resolved in early-mid 2007, or with SP1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #22
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by KazeNoKoe23 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Valid question, I would choose Vista, but why wouldn't I be able to use 7?
Just a hypothetical scenario, like if 7 never got released or something.

Honestly I'm surprised at how many people chose Vista. Much of the criticism towards it is unfounded nowadays, but many people still believe that it's a horrible OS because of issues that were resolved in early-mid 2007, or with SP1.
Fair enough. Microsoft really picked up the ball with 7 though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #23
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

I never used xp, but I'm still using Vista. I like it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

01 Mar 2010   #24
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
I never used xp, but I'm still using Vista. I like it.
How . . . quaint
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #25
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
If I had more gumption I'd love to try Vista on my Intel SSD but I probably never will.
I will do that as soon as I am back in Germany. I bought an 80GB Intel (G1) for my HP laptop that always runs very hot. I hope to lower the temp with it - and pick up some speed in the process. Since the wife uses it most of the time, it will stay Vista because that's what she likes.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #26
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Frostmourne View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
I never used xp, but I'm still using Vista. I like it.
How . . . quaint
I guess. So what's your point?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #27
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
If I had more gumption I'd love to try Vista on my Intel SSD but I probably never will.
I will do that as soon as I am back in Germany. I bought an 80GB Intel (G1) for my HP laptop that always runs very hot. I hope to lower the temp with it - and pick up some speed in the process. Since the wife uses it most of the time, it will stay Vista because that's what she likes.

Yes, please keep us informed as to how it goes mate; thanks!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #28
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

I will, but it's going to be in June.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #29
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
I will, but it's going to be in June.


We'll be here!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Mar 2010   #30
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

XP would be my choice
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
windows couldn't remove your computer from the homegroupwindows couldn
windows couldn't remove your computer from the homegroup, have done all fixes recommended, services still won't start, still can't leave home group
Network & Sharing
I couldn't delete Windows.old folder.
I just notice I still have this Windows.old and couldn't delete it. I used disk cleanup already but that didn't do it. I have attached two images to help you guys understand what's going on. Thank you.
General Discussion
Windows couldn't remove your computer from the homegroup
I'm clueless on this topic, I reformatted my comptuer about...2 months ago roughly, which i would think would reset the computers setting so i wouldn't be in a home group but reguardless i can't leave the homegroup that i'm in. i can't view homegorup password which makes me belive i'm not actually...
Network & Sharing
BSOD for no Reason. Blue Screen Viewer says ntoskrln.exe is reason
Good evening, I own an ACER Extensa 5620 2 GB of RAM OP Is Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit the original installed OS on the system was Vista full retail version?
BSOD Help and Support
Windows couldn't find my AntiVirus
In the Action Center it says I don't have an AntiVirus installed, yet I have Norton AV which is turned on.
System Security
Windows setup couldn't work on this hardware
Guys have you got any idea why this error "windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer's hardware" shows up when installing 7 on my Comp? It comes up when the installer reaches the final stage of installation where it says , "Completing installation". I have purchased this...
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:48.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App