Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Today [2]

07 Apr 2010   #701
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
VAT coming to USA soon. Things are getting bad.
It's 19% here, called Umsatzsteuer or Mehrwertsteuer (Umsatz = turnover, Steuer = tax, Mehrwert = value added).

It's the most stupid and bureaucratic system in this world of ours! Let's say we pay a 20 buck commission to an agent selling our services. We need for instance 100 bucks net, so we have to give the customer a bill of 143 bucks (our 100 bucks + agent's 20 + 19% VAT).

But that 20 bucks is money that we never see, it goes directly to that agent. Still it is seen as our income, and we have to pay VAT from that. When the agent sends the bill to us to get that commission, they'll pay VAT from that, too.

So, the VAT from that commission was paid two times. No problem, we get it back because at the end, only the agent in this example has to pay VAT from that amount. But first we have to pay it, then ask IRS to give it back to us after they got it again from the agent.

Very simplified example but that's how it works here. Add to that the fact that Germans love stamps and official documents and complicated forms, rather in 4 copies each.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2010   #702
VulcanSoulPatch

Win7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Today, will post for a while and then have chores outside. Have to clean the yard and get the lawn equipment ready for mowing season.
Uhh... "mowing season"?

When is it not mowing season?

Next thing you're going to tell me there is a "watering season".



Although I do have to say, I put my sprinklers on rain delay quite a few times this winter... more than ever before.

VSP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2010   #703
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VulcanSoulPatch View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by richc46 View Post
Today, will post for a while and then have chores outside. Have to clean the yard and get the lawn equipment ready for mowing season.
Uhh... "mowing season"?

When is it not mowing season?

VSP
when you live in a high rise block of flats like me my balcony doesnt tend to need mowing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

07 Apr 2010   #704
VulcanSoulPatch

Win7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
But that 20 bucks is money that we never see, it goes directly to that agent. Still it is seen as our income, and we have to pay VAT from that. When the agent sends the bill to us to get that commission, they'll pay VAT from that, too.
And I was kvetching that California now allows sellers to charge tax on shipping, though they are not required to (which to me means they are going to pocket it).

I guess our grass is greener... for the meantime. (Trying to tie it all together. )

VSP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2010   #705
Kari

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by VulcanSoulPatch View Post
I guess our grass is greener... for the meantime. (Trying to tie it all together. )

VSP
As far as I know, your grass is definitely greener: we also pay very high personal income taxes here, after all possible deductions the local IRS gets about 35 cents from every Euro I make. The gross is not so much to begin with in the first place, but the net makes you wonder if you should laugh or cry.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2010   #706
VulcanSoulPatch

Win7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
when you live in a high rise block of flats like me my balcony doesnt tend to need mowing
Ahhh... need to move on up, then.



My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Apr 2010   #707
VulcanSoulPatch

Win7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
As far as I know, your grass is definitely greener: we also pay very high personal income taxes here, after all possible deductions the local IRS gets about 35 cents from every Euro I make. The gross is not so much to begin with in the first place, but the net makes you wonder if you should laugh or cry.
I got mine down to 25% one year, but not having many deductions makes me have to fork more over to Uncle. But in order to have more deductions, you have to spend more. Or invest, which I still have not gotten the hang of. Opened a Roth IRA one year starting with $2,000... less than $300 is left due to tech bust. As my friend says, "I like to buy high and sell low!"

VSP
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Apr 2010   #708
johnwillyums

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Tews View Post
Looks like I'll be calling Paco to come and mow mine pretty soon...
I'll talk to Jesus about mine.

I talk to Jesus quite often, he must be the only Mexican gardener in Lancashire
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Apr 2010   #709
Prisoner

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
 
 

Today (5 minutes ago, actually), I learned I have a case of the flu.... or something very close.
I'm down for the count for a week, so far 5 hours of sleep since Sunday, yet I'm still forced to go to school.
And this week our gym class is running physical tests.
When I go home, I get so tired I practically fall onto my bed as if it were life and death... and get yelled at..
FML
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Apr 2010   #710
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Prisoner View Post
Today (5 minutes ago, actually), I learned I have a case of the flu.... or something very close.
I'm down for the count for a week, so far 5 hours of sleep since Sunday, yet I'm still forced to go to school.
And this week our gym class is running physical tests.
When I go home, I get so tired I practically fall onto my bed as if it were life and death... and get yelled at..
FML
Sorry to hear that Prisoner. I hope it passes quickly!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Today [15]
Continued from - Today I got called in to work last night ... and will have to do tonight .. then my week starts the following night ... no rest :rolleyes:
Chillout Room
Today [14.2]
Today I finally managed to confirm my internship for the end of this year! I'll be spending half a year in Brussels speaking French and doing fancy stuff as a Junior Management Consultant in one of the biggest companies out there! Really stoked about it, especially since I'll be working closely...
Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today?
YouTube - Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy It was amazing the number of people who walked by without getting a hug. "We all need hugs!"
Chillout Room
Today [6]
:note: continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/114036-today-5-a.html Today is Sunday and I'm NOT working. :D I'm at home on a Sunday after a very long time.
Chillout Room
Who did you hug today?
list those who you hugged today Poppa Anna Tracy Hope Mimi Mary Kate Tommy
Chillout Room
Today
Today i worked out at my local ***nasium and later i made a new Sig for myself :)... what did you do today, please share ? Edit - Why is G Y M stared out ?
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App