Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: MSE - spread the word

02 Mar 2010   #21
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedBirdDad View Post
This sounds like a geek version of Green Eggs and Ham.
Mmmm, green eggs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #22
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RedBirdDad View Post
This sounds like a geek version of Green Eggs and Ham.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #23
steve-pressman

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 - OEM Service Pack 1
 
 

I use it but only in conjunction with my Kaspersky Firewall & anti-Virus I have noticed that Kaspersky has caught a few Java script Trojan's that have been sent to me on Hotmail that MSE has not caught I feel safer with both and also have Malwarebytes installed too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Mar 2010   #24
Zepher

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

I use NOD32 and MSE. Both are very good. If I personally had to pay for NOD32 then I would switch to MSE, but since my friend pays for the multi-license every 2 years, I'll continue to use NOD32 on my main machine.
My HTPC has MSE on it since it is free and works good (still misses things so Malwarebytes is good to run periodically to keep things in check.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #25
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by steve-pressman View Post
I use it but only in conjunction with my Kaspersky Firewall & anti-Virus I have noticed that Kaspersky has caught a few Java script Trojan's that have been sent to me on Hotmail that MSE has not caught I feel safer with both and also have Malwarebytes installed too.
2 antivirus's? No wonder one of them missed the scripts.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #26
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
I use NOD32 and MSE. Both are very good. If I personally had to pay for NOD32 then I would switch to MSE, but since my friend pays for the multi-license every 2 years, I'll continue to use NOD32 on my main machine.
My HTPC has MSE on it since it is free and works good (still misses things so Malwarebytes is good to run periodically to keep things in check.)
Very wise
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #27
ForeverZero89

Win7 HP x64
 
 

oh yea and MWB too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #28
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

+1 more for Malware Bytes
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #29
Frostmourne

Windows 7 Ultimate x86-64
 
 

Sigh - installed malwarebytes again on this laptop, even though I'm 99% sure I don't need it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2010   #30
tw33k

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

yeah but it's that 1% that kicks you in th a$$ when your not looking
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Music spread all over.........what to do,what to do ???
Just a basic question here....it seems like my music may be spread out in several different places.Surely that doesn't mean that there are multiple copies of it floating around on my hard drive,right ??. SO...if I were to delete 2 copies from 2 different areas (folders)...the other copy would...
General Discussion
Will a virus spread to other partition?
I recently had a virus on my C: partition. Pretty sure it was a keylogger.. I reinstalled windows but did it spread to other partitions? Or is it unlikely?
System Security
Can Bad Sector spread from HDD to another HDD?
So i would like to know that can bad sectors spread from 1 hard drive to another hard drive? for example i have 2 HDD's and one of the drive has bad sectors which is connected through a USB Enclosure for a backup or is directly connected inside the PC as a secondary drive? can it spread and infect...
Hardware & Devices
Can i virus spread like this?
Hi, recently my two sisters got computers and have a habit of going to random websites or clicking adverts/downloads. my question is, if one of them got a virus or some kind of malware could it spread to my computer or others on the setup we have? okay, none of the computers have file sharing...
System Security


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App