Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: OT: Best PMP or Mp3 player IYO

28 Apr 2010   #11
jorpe

7600x64 ultimate, not SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jorpe View Post
I found a sansa player on slickdeals which will get me through until a better one arrives, but I'd really like more than 2gb capacity.

Any new opinions since this thread died?
Here's one that is just starting to be released ......Cowon's all-metal J3 PMP gets official -- Engadget
that one looks promising! I'm still looking for an old zen Vision:M on CL to leave in my truck, but may have to give in and get an ipod.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #12
Zepher

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

I would suggest an ipod touch but you don't want any apple products.
Zune HD looks good too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #13
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
I would suggest an ipod touch but you don't want any apple products.
Zune HD looks good too.
I'm far from an Apple fan, but the Touch is a more well rounded device than the Zune HD overall, given the amount of apps available.

I personally wouldn't buy either one, because neither one has a user-customizable EQ....and given that everyone's ears are different, and how wildly different various headphones/earbuds/IEM's can sound, a custom EQ should be mandatory, I think. Somebody my age (upper 30's) who has lost some hearing range, is not going to hear things the same way as a young person would....so I should be able to compensate for that.

Sony, Samsung, and Cowon players all have not only custom EQ's, but other sound enhancements available on them, so that anyone can tweak them to get their "right" sound. Some of the Sansa players do have custom EQ, but it is not as implemented quite as well as these others I mention.

I currently have 2 Sonys, and a Sansa(my 3rd since I got into this digital music thing), and I did have a Samsung until just recently.....you could say this is my main hobby.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Apr 2010   #14
Torongo

Windows 7
 
 

Zunes are pretty good but I prefer an iPod myself. But yes, I would have to say Zune. Its got great software, they look good, and I think they have apps and such for them - or they're coming out with some. Plus, its Microsoft, so it will work great with your Windows 7 for transfering and that jazz. =)

~Joshua~
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2011   #15
jorpe

7600x64 ultimate, not SP1
 
 

Still havent found something I like a lot, been using my Evo4g with a 32GB microSDHC card. I'm now trying to find a cheap iPod Classic 160 to keep in the truck, or get a 64GB iPod touch and just start taking advantage of iOS, as my iPad has been very useful for everyday things
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2011   #16
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jorpe View Post
Still havent found something I like a lot, been using my Evo4g with a 32GB microSDHC card. I'm now trying to find a cheap iPod Classic 160 to keep in the truck, or get a 64GB iPod touch and just start taking advantage of iOS, as my iPad has been very useful for everyday things
Since last year when I posted here, I bought a 32GB iPod Touch 4G, and I really do like it a lot. My gripe about them not having equalizers was solved by an app called "Equalizer" which gives you a seven band parametric EQ. The retina display looks amazing....I have watched 720p videos on it. And if you have an iPad, then you're familiar with iOS. I bought the Touch because I have no smartphone, but i wanted to have wifi access from time to time. iTunes wants a credit card number to set up the program, but I got around that by setting it up with an iTunes gift card number....I don't buy music there, but I've used about $35 on various apps/games.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2011   #17
jorpe

7600x64 ultimate, not SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jorpe View Post
Still havent found something I like a lot, been using my Evo4g with a 32GB microSDHC card. I'm now trying to find a cheap iPod Classic 160 to keep in the truck, or get a 64GB iPod touch and just start taking advantage of iOS, as my iPad has been very useful for everyday things
Since last year when I posted here, I bought a 32GB iPod Touch 4G, and I really do like it a lot. My gripe about them not having equalizers was solved by an app called "Equalizer" which gives you a seven band parametric EQ. The retina display looks amazing....I have watched 720p videos on it. And if you have an iPad, then you're familiar with iOS. I bought the Touch because I have no smartphone, but i wanted to have wifi access from time to time. iTunes wants a credit card number to set up the program, but I got around that by setting it up with an iTunes gift card number....I don't buy music there, but I've used about $35 on various apps/games.
ooh thanks for that credit card workaround, I think I'm going to go back and do that for my iPad also... When it comes down to it, going to the dark side for the various docks and gadgets you can get with an iPod may just be worth it. Do you think the sound quality is acceptable once you have the equalizer app?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Apr 2011   #18
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jorpe View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jorpe View Post
Still havent found something I like a lot, been using my Evo4g with a 32GB microSDHC card. I'm now trying to find a cheap iPod Classic 160 to keep in the truck, or get a 64GB iPod touch and just start taking advantage of iOS, as my iPad has been very useful for everyday things
Since last year when I posted here, I bought a 32GB iPod Touch 4G, and I really do like it a lot. My gripe about them not having equalizers was solved by an app called "Equalizer" which gives you a seven band parametric EQ. The retina display looks amazing....I have watched 720p videos on it. And if you have an iPad, then you're familiar with iOS. I bought the Touch because I have no smartphone, but i wanted to have wifi access from time to time. iTunes wants a credit card number to set up the program, but I got around that by setting it up with an iTunes gift card number....I don't buy music there, but I've used about $35 on various apps/games.
ooh thanks for that credit card workaround, I think I'm going to go back and do that for my iPad also... When it comes down to it, going to the dark side for the various docks and gadgets you can get with an iPod may just be worth it. Do you think the sound quality is acceptable once you have the equalizer app?
If you have decent headphones, yes, it really does. I rate it equal with my Sony S639, my Cowon iAudio 9, and my two Rockboxed Sansa Clip+.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Force recognize mp3 player as external hard drive instead of player
I wonder if there is a method to force windows7 to recognise my mp3 player as hard drive instead of player. Why? 2 things. I find it annoying that I have to click on player then internal storage, when it could go directly to internal storage right away. 2. When I first plugged my player in...
Hardware & Devices
set windows media player to 64bit player helppp
i cant seem to get it to default to 64bit version of windows media player... its annoying. i have ffdshow 64bit codecs. and everything i need in 64. theres gotta be a way
Music, Pictures & Video
Files get pixelated in media player classic but not in vlc player
I have a very interesting issue. It's not an issue that bothers me excessively, and I could live with it, but I'd like to get to the bottom of it nevertheless. I've attached pictures to explain my particular problem. Basically, I have Media Player Classic (v1.6.5.6366) and VLC media player...
Music, Pictures & Video
Media Centre -- BBC I player (Sky Player works fine)
Hi all Going through a UK VPN I can get Sky player to work in Windows Media centre just fine Can I get BBC I player to do the same or do I have to use a separate app. I like the Windows Media player for TV and to have all the same apps in one place would be great. Enc screenshot of sky...
Media Center
Cannot Seem To Make Windows Media Player The Default Player For WAV
I have iRiver software on my computer for my mp3 player - I want it to recognise and play mp3's , and I want Windows Media Player to recognise and play WAV files. I have set default programs as such , but the iRiver software still highjacks any audio file - is there some other way to stop this...
Music, Pictures & Video
Media Player's Toolbar & Mini Player
How do I add the Media Player Toolbar to appear as an option in the Taskbar list of Toolbars. I'm trying to enable the Media Player's Mini Player so it shows in the Taskbar when I minimise Media Player. Any ideas?
Music, Pictures & Video


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:58.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App