Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How much space does XP need?

14 Mar 2010   #61
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
im downloading drivers direct from ECS atm see if that works, if not i might actually have to give up on it


That would be a shame as we're pulling for you!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #62
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
its listed as Nforce Serial ATA controller and Standard Dual Channel IDE controller
Thats interesting? Mine isn't listed under IDE ATA/ATPI controllers, its listed separately under "Storage Controllers". I don't know what that means though? I don't actually have anything connected to my SATA ports at the moment. I will be switching from an IDE drive to SATA as soon as my Income TAX refund arrives.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #63
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
im downloading drivers direct from ECS atm see if that works, if not i might actually have to give up on it


That would be a shame as we're pulling for you!
haha thank you ted can you post in the other thread so i can rep you please? youv been very helpful,
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Mar 2010   #64
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
its listed as Nforce Serial ATA controller and Standard Dual Channel IDE controller
Thats interesting? Mine isn't listed under IDE ATA/ATPI controllers, its listed separately under "Storage Controllers". I don't know what that means though? I don't actually have anything connected to my SATA ports at the moment. I will be switching from an IDE drive to SATA as soon as my Income TAX refund arrives.

This is where my IDE/AHCI option is as I mentioned earlier but he doesn't have that option.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #65
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
im downloading drivers direct from ECS atm see if that works, if not i might actually have to give up on it


That would be a shame as we're pulling for you!
haha thank you ted can you post in the other thread so i can rep you please? youv been very helpful,

Thank you mate, I sure will.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #66
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by severedsolo View Post
its listed as Nforce Serial ATA controller and Standard Dual Channel IDE controller
Thats interesting? Mine isn't listed under IDE ATA/ATPI controllers, its listed separately under "Storage Controllers". I don't know what that means though? I don't actually have anything connected to my SATA ports at the moment. I will be switching from an IDE drive to SATA as soon as my Income TAX refund arrives.

This is where my IDE/AHCI option is as I mentioned earlier but he doesn't have that option.
Are talking about the BIOS or device Manager? I'm referring to how its listed in Windows Device manager, which is I believe what he has shown in his screen shot. His might be in "IDE" mode and thus listed under IDE ATA/ATPI controllers instead of Under "Storage Controllers". I'd have to reboot and go in and see what mode mine is in, but I'm guessing its AHCI.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #67
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

He doesn't have an IDE mode in the BIOS, see his post above.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #68
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #69
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

Maybe he does and its just not labeled "IDE" His owners manual should tell him what the difference is between the three modes he listed earlier, SATA, RAID, and AHCI. I'm just wondering whats the difference between SATA and AHCI? My BIOS is pretty basic, my only options are SATA enable, disable, and SATA RAID enable, disable. Looks like I don't have an IDE mode so its a good thing I'm running windows 7 and not XP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Mar 2010   #70
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

What is that "Primary IDE Master" I guess you'd have to have an IDE HDD for that?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Hard drive space decreasing and showing less space available
Hey guys, I'm having a big problem with my hard drive space. First of all it keeps decreasing for no apparent reason when i am connected to the internet even though i'm not downloading anything. And i'm not talking about mb but GB!! My first guess was a vius so i ran my antivirus (avast) and...
General Discussion
How do I delete the free space to make it unallocated space
I know that the above thread title has already been addressed in the past but none of them have solved my problem till now. I have already read following threads- https://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/109301-can-t-delete-free-space-partition.html...
Performance & Maintenance
Unallocated disk space error, Can not partition volume space
hello, I recently formated my desktop, I have everything saved on the (F) partition, and i formatted the primary partition (C) which leaves me with huge chunk of Unallocated space that is unable to use. Everytime i try to create a new partition, it says that space is not enough ( i even tried...
Performance & Maintenance
running out of hard drive space. 67.5GB unknown CAB file wasted space
My solid state drive is half full of with and unknown CAB file (see attached WinDirStat report. I'm running out of space. I've disabled imaging and everything else that I can find to disable and have all data on my D drive which is setup with 2 drives 1 TB each for a total storage space of 1 TB....
Performance & Maintenance
Disk Space doesn't show real used space
Hi everyone! This is my first post on this forum :) My Hard Drive is almost full but I don't understand why. I've check how many space was left on my C:\ with its property windows and it says "22GB left" but when I enter the C:\ drive and I select all the files and then toggle the property...
General Discussion
Opera Space Edition: the first browser in space
Join the Opera Space Browser testing program! ;) Kari
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

İ Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App