Reputation and Badges [2]


  1. Posts : 7,538
    Windows 10 64bit/Windows 10 64bit/Windows 10 64bit
       #1101

    Those were my thoughts with regards him being here Jonathan he did say he was a forum addict I think he had it in his profile that he was a hacker and I don't think I saw him help anyone, I could be wrong on that though.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5,056
    Windows 7 x64 pro/ Windows 7 x86 Pro/ XP SP3 x86
       #1102

    LilDomii said:
    Jonathan_King said:
    Bill2 said:
    I feel a bit bad for iphone. Cheerful character. He was a young one, we could have counselled him. Maybe we can have a warning system in place, something like "Three strikes".
    He really wasn't here for the right reasons, Bill. He seemed more interested in getting a high post count fast than helping for others' benefit. See his first post: Reputation and Badges [2]

    He'll just go somewhere else where he can get a high post count without getting in trouble. After all, the ban is actually his warning. Maybe now, he will stop piracy, and thus avoid a copyright lawsuit later on.
    On his profile, click the 'About' tab. Under interests, he has 'hacking' listed Not surprised he got himself banned from the rules he obviously didn't read.
    If you look up the dictionaries and the wikies, you'll find that the term "hacking" has a large range of meanings, from the completely respectable to the downright shady.

    My point is if X is a hacker in the bad sense AND has wonderful windows skills (this may not necessarily be true of iphone, just giving an example), whats wrong with using his good skills on the forum while telling him to back off on the other aspect?

    As for the post count issue, IMHO gold membership should be tied to a threshold rep count or at least posts in the Chillout sub-forum (and such like) should be excluded.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 22,814
    W 7 64-bit Ultimate
       #1103

    Bill2 said:


    As for the post count issue, IMHO gold membership should be tied to a threshold rep count or at least posts in the Chillout sub-forum (and such like) should be excluded.


    We've had more discussions about this than you could shake a stick at. (open and private)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 13,360
    Windows 7 Professional x64
       #1104

    Bill2 said:
    LilDomii said:
    Jonathan_King said:
    He really wasn't here for the right reasons, Bill. He seemed more interested in getting a high post count fast than helping for others' benefit. See his first post: Reputation and Badges [2]

    He'll just go somewhere else where he can get a high post count without getting in trouble. After all, the ban is actually his warning. Maybe now, he will stop piracy, and thus avoid a copyright lawsuit later on.
    On his profile, click the 'About' tab. Under interests, he has 'hacking' listed Not surprised he got himself banned from the rules he obviously didn't read.
    If you look up the dictionaries and the wikies, you'll find that the term "hacking" has a large range of meanings, from the completely respectable to the downright shady.

    My point is if X is a hacker in the bad sense AND has wonderful windows skills (this may not necessarily be true of iphone, just giving an example), whats wrong with using his good skills on the forum while telling him to back off on the other aspect?

    As for the post count issue, IMHO gold membership should be tied to a threshold rep count or at least posts in the Chillout sub-forum (and such like) should be excluded.
    How would you feel if the admins told you that you could recommend SFC, Repair Install, how to use the Easy Transfer Tool, and how to upload a dmp, but nothing else? I doubt you would be real eager to help out at all around here, if you were just a tool.

    You have a valid point, but I doubt he would take it. The natural human instinct is to go where we can do what we want.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 11,991
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
       #1105

    richc46 said:
    Bill2 said:
    I feel a bit bad for iphone. Cheerful character. He was a young one, we could have counselled him. Maybe we can have a warning system in place, something like "Three strikes".
    Yes 3 strikes for mild rudeness, or something similar, but not for a criminal act. Would MS give him 3 strikes. I liked him, but our first responsoblity is to the forum and those we help.
    Very well stated, Rich.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 11,840
    64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
       #1106

    We dont need no steeeenking warning system ... we have an Airbot!!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 53,684
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1107

    Congrats JK and Tews on the new bling.

    Have to agree about posting for posting sake, accolades are nice when deserved. I got my hand slapped for posting links to new things, so reticent to share such lest I ruin a good thing. But since I'm not looking to pump up my post count, I can live with that. A Guy
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 53,684
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1108

    Hey I'm now a power user :) I promise to use my power for good and not evil, lol. A Guy
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 1,747
    window's 7
       #1109

    A Guy said:
    Hey I'm now a power user :) I promise to use my power for good and not evil, lol. A Guy

    congratulations on your new badge guy
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 12,177
    Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
       #1110

    Congrats on the new badge A Guy, looks good on you


    Nice hat Joan :)
    Last edited by Dave76; 28 May 2010 at 04:42.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39.
Find Us