Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: The perfect operating system....

21 Apr 2010   #51
CommonTater

XP Pro SP3 X86 / Win7 Pro X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zzz2496 View Post
I'm curious, are we talking about a perfect OS? or a perfect Windows OS? Every OS have their pros and cons, but so far I sense that we are only talking many versions of Windows - no one talked about any other OS...

zzz2496
Well, that's fair... I don't think the perfect OS would have to be windows or even windows-like... Especially the backend parts. Windows relies heavily upon defered procedure calls (DPC) for it's multitasking core... I'm often left thinking there has to be a better way... Pre-emptive multitasking, perhaps...

But, using a modular approach lots of this would become a user's choice, wouldn't it? Which GUI would you like? Aero, BlackBox, LiteStep, Ubuntu, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #52
loaba

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CommonTater View Post
But, using a modular approach lots of this would become a user's choice, wouldn't it? Which GUI would you like? Aero, BlackBox, LiteStep, Ubuntu, etc.
Ask the average user that question, gaze into their eyes and watch as they glaze over and say "huh?"

Windows, OS X, these cater to the lowest common denominator [hereafter referred to as LCD]. The LCD is the same group that can't sit in a theater for longer than an hour and a half, likes Brittany Spears and waits on baited breath for the newest Linday Lohan update.

I expect that most of the "power users" on these forums make up a very small percentage of computer users and so have different needs from the LCD.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #53
zzz2496

Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

LCD? I'm officially lost... what LCD???

zzz2496
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Apr 2010   #54
loaba

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zzz2496 View Post
LCD? I'm officially lost... what LCD???

zzz2496
Lowest
Common
Denominator

You know, the average North American...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #55
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

My perfect OS, is one that doesn't require my Mother to constantly calling me into her room to show her how to do something. Now with that being said I'm glad their isn't one cause I'd probably never get the chance to teach her something.Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #56
zzz2496

Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Aahhh... I'm not American, nor I live in or around it... I'll note it...

zzz2496
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #57
CommonTater

XP Pro SP3 X86 / Win7 Pro X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by loaba View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zzz2496 View Post
LCD? I'm officially lost... what LCD???

zzz2496
Lowest
Common
Denominator

You know, the average North American...
Pretty much just pick some dumb shit who'll never understand and design your software for him... right?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #58
loaba

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CommonTater View Post
Pretty much just pick some dumb shit who'll never understand and design your software for him... right?
It works for Apple.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #59
zzz2496

Windows7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by loaba View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CommonTater View Post
Pretty much just pick some dumb shit who'll never understand and design your software for him... right?
It works for Apple.


Very true... ironically...

zzz2496
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Apr 2010   #60
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by loaba View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CommonTater View Post
But, using a modular approach lots of this would become a user's choice, wouldn't it? Which GUI would you like? Aero, BlackBox, LiteStep, Ubuntu, etc.
Ask the average user that question, gaze into their eyes and watch as they glaze over and say "huh?"

Windows, OS X, these cater to the lowest common denominator [hereafter referred to as LCD]. The LCD is the same group that can't sit in a theater for longer than an hour and a half, likes Brittany Spears and waits on baited breath for the newest Linday Lohan update.

I expect that most of the "power users" on these forums make up a very small percentage of computer users and so have different needs from the LCD.
Very well explained!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Operating system does not show up in System Recovery Options
Hey guys. I have an Acer laptop with Windows 7 that has crashed and will not boot. I do not have a Windows 7 CD nor do I have the money to pay for one. When my computer boots up, it says "BOOTMGR IS MISSING" and I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete and it loops back around to that page. I created a System...
General Discussion
What is the best operating system for my pc?
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz 4.1 3.0 Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB Graphics VIA Chrome9 HC IGP WDDM 1.1 3.1 Gaming graphics 262 MB Total available graphics memory 3.0 Primary hard disk 18GB Free (77GB Total) 5.7 Windows 7 Ultimate System ...
General Discussion
New operating system
Hey guys I was wondering that if I was going to do a fresh install other than formatting the HD is there anything else I need to clear that like stays to the motherboard. Someone told me that the registry stays with the computer not the hard drive?
BSOD Help and Support
Missing operating system" error massage when system starts
Hai, "Missing operating system" massage is coming when i start my system and i am not able to start. I think because , i had given "mark partition as active" option for one hard dive (E) in disk management when last time i opened. it did not have any data. i did not know, this will make any...
General Discussion
operating system not found in system recovery
Hello everyone, I am trying to do a system restore from the install disc because I can't boot. I followed this tutorial: https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/668-system-recovery-options.html using method two. At step 5, the only operating system listed is Vista (which I don't have and never have...
Backup and Restore
Keep One Operating System
atm sorry for posting it here i actually posted the same topic on vista forums but no one seems to reply well i just wanted to know that how to remove vista from double booting with xp:sarc: please reply thanks in adv.
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App