Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Earthquake thread

13 Jun 2010   #241
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote:

Magnitude 7.5 - NICOBAR ISLANDS, INDIA REGION

2010 June 12 19:26:50 UTC
Magnitude 7.5 - NICOBAR ISLANDS, INDIA REGION

2 earthquakes in a day..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #242
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote:

Magnitude 7.5 - NICOBAR ISLANDS, INDIA REGION

2010 June 12 19:26:50 UTC



Magnitude 7.5 - NICOBAR ISLANDS, INDIA REGION

2 earthquakes in a day..

Is all your family ok?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jun 2010   #243
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
2 earthquakes in a day..

Is all your family ok?
Yes. We are way far from the islands.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jun 2010   #244
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
2 earthquakes in a day..

Is all your family ok?
Yes. We are way far from the islands.


Glad to hear it my friend!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #245
blackroseMD1

Windows 10 Tech Preview 9926 x64
 
 

Dang...just had another one. Felt a bit stronger than the other day. First one so far that's made me think I might need to get outside.

USGS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #246
kurahk7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
Dang...just had another one. Felt a bit stronger than the other day. First one so far that's made me think I might need to get outside.

USGS
Yeah, I've been hearing that there's been earthquakes in this past half hour, but I haven't felt any....all my friends on Facebook felt them -_-.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #247
blackroseMD1

Windows 10 Tech Preview 9926 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kurahk7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
Dang...just had another one. Felt a bit stronger than the other day. First one so far that's made me think I might need to get outside.

USGS
Yeah, I've been hearing that there's been earthquakes in this past half hour, but I haven't felt any....all my friends on Facebook felt them -_-.
I felt the big one pretty good...but I'm on the third floor, so that probably explains it. Sure seems like there have been a lot around here lately though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #248
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Was riding the wave in my chair for about a minute here. lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #249
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I felt it too.

Standing in the doorway to the kitchen talking to my wife and I got dizzy for a second. Said out loud "Damn!" She's like, "Damn what?" I'm like, "Am I trippin' or is the house moving?" She said, "Ssshhh! Don't say it out loud!" (My 7 y.o. is scared to death of earthquakes) So I quieted down, looked at my rocking chair and the blinds swaying back and forth. The dizzy feeling really got me though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #250
blackroseMD1

Windows 10 Tech Preview 9926 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post
I felt it too.

Standing in the doorway to the kitchen talking to my wife and I got dizzy for a second. Said out loud "Damn!" She's like, "Damn what?" I'm like, "Am I trippin' or is the house moving?" She said, "Ssshhh! Don't say it out loud!" (My 7 y.o. is scared to death of earthquakes) So I quieted down, looked at my rocking chair and the blinds swaying back and forth. The dizzy feeling really got me though.
Yeah, I got that too. Even after it was over, I still felt like it was going on for a few seconds. Funny thing is, my kids mom was on her floor freaking out, and my kids were loving it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Earthquake in Northern California
I was awoken by a significant earthquake at 3:20AM this morning. It was a pretty good rolling, then a few strong jolts, maybe 15 seconds. No damage here, just an exciting ride. But based on the strength, and not knowing where the epicenter was, it occurred to me it could be a bad quake somewhere if...
Chillout Room
#Earthquake! Tweets Beat Official Quake Alerts
Source Source 2
Chillout Room
LA Earthquake
Has anyone in CA felt a earthquake? It was so scary!
Chillout Room
Earthquake-like on my screen!!!
Win7, WLMail2011, Firefox browser Hello, from time to time a sort of an earthquake happens on my screen with all windows flying in and out, when I click on the red X to stop it, instead it multiplies the browser icons in the task bar, if I try to open a file it also multiplies itself, writing is...
General Discussion
Oklahoma Earthquake?
I was quite surprised that ~20 minutes ago, that my apartment started shaking for a few moments. While some Californians would find this too common to comment, it is very rare here. I have NEVER felt an earthquake here before, even though Googling, I found that there are a few minor earthquakes...
Chillout Room
What is a thread? (On a CPU)
I've always wanted to know exactly what a thread is. How does a thread differ from a core? Answer in anyway you want, even if it's a link to a webpage that explains it :)
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App