Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Language levels

28 Apr 2010   #11
z3r010

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
I don't want to sound too much like an old fogey but I do find the occasional bit of bad language offensive. An example is here:
https://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...7-vs-xp-4.html
Post no 32.
Am I being ultra sensitive?

I don't except language like that here - post removed and warning issued.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #12
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

There you go, I love this forum. Great Admin/ Mods/ Team Members/ Members!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #13
manhunter2826

Windows XP - Now Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit).
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
There you go, I love this forum. Great Admin/ Mods/ Team Members/ Members!
Yep, great music too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Apr 2010   #14
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by manhunter2826 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
There you go, I love this forum. Great Admin/ Mods/ Team Members/ Members!
Yep, great music too
Yes Great music too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #15
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by z3r010 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
I don't want to sound too much like an old fogey but I do find the occasional bit of bad language offensive. An example is here:
https://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...7-vs-xp-4.html
Post no 32.
Am I being ultra sensitive?

I don't except language like that here - post removed and warning issued.
Thank you very much. I appreciate that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #16
smarteyeball

 
 

****. I missed the ****ing thread, so don't know what ****ing language was used...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #17
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
****. I missed the ****ing thread, so don't know what ****ing language was used...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #18
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
****. I missed the ****ing thread, so don't know what ****ing language was used...
You did not miss anything. Just some language the young generation employs nowadays - unfortunately.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #19
smarteyeball

 
 

I'm sure I'll sleep okay for missing it. I was just mildly curious as to whether it was fornication, or defecation based.

Profanity has it's place - but not as a replacement for vocabulary, to be used everywhere and at all times.

Personally I'm not adverse to a bit of descriptive expletives - but not when it's used as every second word.

It's embarrassing to watch and to listen to it being spewed forth from peoples mouths. At the very least if they feel the need, use it wittily.

Unfortunately kids (and plenty of adults too) these days don't seem to realise that not only does their prolific use of profanity makes them sound uneducated, but it's constant use diminishes it's impact.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Apr 2010   #20
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I'm sure I'll sleep okay for missing it. I was just mildly curious as to whether it was fornication, or defecation based.

Profanity has it's place - but not as a replacement for vocabulary, to be used everywhere and at all times.

Personally I'm not adverse to a bit of descriptive expletives - but not when it's used as every second word.

It's embarrassing to watch and to listen to it being spewed forth from peoples mouths. At the very least if they feel the need, use it wittily.

Unfortunately kids (and plenty of adults too) these days don't seem to realise that not only does their prolific use of profanity makes them sound uneducated, but it's constant use diminishes it's impact.
You're words amaze me, You're quite good at the written word sir.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Program files folder is in different language than display language
Hi there first time posting although I have visited your site many times in the past..I'm running windows 7 x64 localized to Greek and with Greek display language..The core language is English and I installed Greek through windows update.. Recently I came across a problem that pretty much is...
General Discussion
My Windows Vista is Norvegian language, I need English language.
OHello, I have Windows Vista Home SP2, I need to change PC language from Norvegian to English, Thank you.
General Discussion
How difficult is your language? Language Difficulty Ranking
The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) in USA, responsible of teaching US diplomatic staff foreign languages, have studied them to rank foreign languages according to how difficult they are to learn by a native English speaker. Language Difficulty Ranking | Effective Language Learning -- AND --...
Chillout Room
how to add new language to format in regional and language options
my friend add new language as part of competition we have in our collage for how can make big customize on windows and she tell me that doing this is so hard !!! dose any one know how ??? in windows 7:cry:
Customization
Installing foreign language software on an English language win7 OS?
I have been installing Portuguese PhotoStory 3 on my windows 7 machine. It install OK. I reboot. When I invoke Photostory 3 I am expecting to find it in Portuguese, ... but its still in English. I used the official PhotoStory3Portuguese(Brazil).msi Here's the question: Even if I install...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:05.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App