Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Large Hadron Collider

04 May 2010   #1
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 
Large Hadron Collider

I have been reading the latest news on the above and pretending to myself that I can understand more than 2% of what I am reading. I thought members might like to read , inwardly digest and discuss the following just to keep the Chillout Room nice and light hearted. Here for your delectation is my latest offering;

As an example, if supersymmetric particles exist at the energies provided by the LHC, their cross-section (that is, the probability of their being formed) is expected to be relatively high and therefore the discovery is within reach in a relatively limited amount of time. On the other hand, the Higgs boson is expected to have a much smaller cross-section and therefore a longer data acquisition period will be needed to confirm its appearance (if it exists!).

At least I understood the last three words!

P.S. This thread does go well with my sig though, doesn't it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2010   #2
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

nice read there John, but im afraid it wont be back up and running properly til 2011/12 im waiting for us all to disappear into the black hole
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2010   #3
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
nice read there John, but im afraid it wont be back up and running properly til 2011/12 im waiting for us all to disappear into the black hole
Come back Albert (Einstein) all is forgiven!
Whoops, just tripped over some "Hawkins radiation!"
Am shuting down now before things get out of hand!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 May 2010   #4
MilesAhead

Windows 7 32 bit
 
 

Hmmmmm, I'm still searching for the FreebieOn

You bombard any item with FreebieOns and get it for nothing!

Large Hadron Collider-3dfiesta.gif


My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2010   #5
johnwillyums

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
nice read there John, but im afraid it wont be back up and running properly til 2011/12 im waiting for us all to disappear into the black hole
Come back Albert (Einstein) all is forgiven!
Whoops, just tripped over some "Hawkins radiation!"
Am shuting down now before things get out of hand!
It's no joke Mitchell. The entire UK is gradually getting sucked towards the black hole they've created in Swizerland.

It's not too bad yet here in the north but Cornwall could be in Belgium by the end of the month.
Great beer but they eat mayo with chips and that's just wrong imo. Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2010   #6
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnwillyums View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
nice read there John, but im afraid it wont be back up and running properly til 2011/12 im waiting for us all to disappear into the black hole
Come back Albert (Einstein) all is forgiven!
Whoops, just tripped over some "Hawkins radiation!"
Am shuting down now before things get out of hand!
It's no joke Mitchell. The entire UK is gradually getting sucked towards the black hole they've created in Swizerland.

It's not too bad yet here in the north but Cornwall could be in Belgium by the end of the month.
Great beer but they eat mayo with chips and that's just wrong imo. Good luck
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 May 2010   #7
Joan Archer

Windows 10 64bit/Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Do you think they'll come after my side then, wonder if I should go join my son up in Scotland
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2010   #8
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

It's is a very wide held belief among those in the know that when you get sucked into a black hole the gravitational pull is so strong that your feet go in first followed by the rest of your body which will be stretched to infinity. So if you measure your height every morning in stocking feet, then allow for the fact that as you get older you shrink a bit each day then if you are still getting taller then the black hole has got you. Start putting your affairs in order
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2010   #9
Tarka Dal

Stools
 
 

A human body will die well before it reaches a blackhole. So nothing to worry about there!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 May 2010   #10
blackroseMD1

Windows 10 Tech Preview 9926 x64
 
 

On the other hand...you could come out on the other side of the black hole...maybe at Milliway's. If you do, I'll buy you a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Large & extra large icons blank
First post here on the SevenForums! I'm only saving the tough ones for you guys! Here's the problem: My client's computer was infected with a virus obtained via Facebook. I removed this and multiple other infections (and I'm pretty thorough with my scanning). She gets it back, starts working...
General Discussion
How large is WMC?
I was thinking of removing Windows Media Centre since I don't use it, but if there isn't much of a gain in space to be had from doing so I won't bother.
Media Center
Where are the large icons?
So I'm trying to add an incon for my folder but all the icons seem to be from XP and small (in the default folder %SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll). Tryed to google the location of large icons but all it gives me is links for downloading new icon packs... no thanks. Please help. Thank you!
Customization
display too large-help
during normal use the display switched to very large and would not fit the screen. i tried display settings. on the magnifier it says the setting is 100% but it is obviously not. need help to get back to normal......thanks
General Discussion
Large, Extra Large Icons won't load
When viewing large and extra large photo previews, the jpeg thumbnails will not load. Is this a 64 bit issue? Any Ideas?
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App