Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Lakers or suns

18 May 2010   #31
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Suns lost 1st game, but wait till Wednesday night
Yeah, Wednesday they'll be down 2-0 waiting to get on the plane back to Phoenix!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HMonk View Post
Could be their year. It's odd, isn't it: the Chargers get so close every year and never quite make it.

Monk
As I remind my sister, my niece, and nephew who all live in the "City to the South," they aren't the "Chargers," but the Chokers.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #32
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
I'm a Red Sox fan too. Down with the Lakers and Yankees, I say.
A true anomoly! A Boston fan in New York... Do you get static from your friends or family because of that?

I was on active duty with a guy from Brooklyn and he was die hard Knicks, Yanks (or Mets), then Giants -- and not in that order. The mention of any team Boston was like... fighting words!

It's cool... I consider myself somewhat of an anomoly when it comes to my pro football team... No pro team in Los Angeles (some make the claim that USC is L.A.'s pro team, but moving on...) I go for the Colts!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #33
blackroseMD1

Windows 10 Tech Preview 9926 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by HMonk View Post

Could be their year. It's odd, isn't it: the Chargers get so close every year and never quite make it.

Monk
Yeah, you have to remember though, it was the same way with the Colts for a long time, then they finally broke through. The Chargers have improved on defense through the draft, and we may finally have a running game again with Mathews. I would really love to see a Brees vs. Rivers Super Bowl.

On topic, didn't see the game last night, but I know the Suns lost. I still expect them to pull it out in 6 though.

Quote:
As I remind my sister, my niece, and nephew who all live in the "City to the South," they aren't the "Chargers," but the Chokers.
If I recall correctly, it took the Colts a while to reach the promised land, and they have the Golden Boy at QB.

Besides, we have a QB who played the AFC Championship game with a torn ACL. I wouldn't trade Rivers for any other QB in the league. See you in the playoffs, where we will do what we usually do when we play the Colts. Send em home with a loss. :P
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 May 2010   #34
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
See you in the playoffs, where we will do what we usually do when we play the Colts. Send em home with a loss. :P
If that's the case, I won't lie--I'll be disappointed; but at least my satisfaction will come the following week when the Chargers will end up losing. Isn't that how it's gone down lately?

But wait... It may have taken Indy a while to get to the promised land, but they came out on top...
I don't see San Diego's name anywhere on the winning side of this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Bowl_champions

Even the former L.A. teams have championship trophies...

Dang it... I always do that! I go off topic like it's nobody's business.

LAKERS IN 5!
FIVE!
CINCO!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #35
blackroseMD1

Windows 10 Tech Preview 9926 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post

If that's the case, I won't lie--I'll be disappointed; but at least my satisfaction will come the following week when the Chargers will end up losing. Isn't that how it's gone down lately?

But wait... It may have taken Indy a while to get to the promised land, but they came out on top...
I don't see San Diego's name anywhere on the winning side of this list: List of Super Bowl champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even the former L.A. teams have championship trophies...
True, but I would be willing to bet that we win the SB sometime in the next couple of years. If not, I think Norv Turner will be dragged out into the streets and shot lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #36
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post

If that's the case, I won't lie--I'll be disappointed; but at least my satisfaction will come the following week when the Chargers will end up losing. Isn't that how it's gone down lately?

But wait... It may have taken Indy a while to get to the promised land, but they came out on top...
I don't see San Diego's name anywhere on the winning side of this list: List of Super Bowl champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even the former L.A. teams have championship trophies...
True, but I would be willing to bet that we win the SB sometime in the next couple of years. If not, I think Norv Turner will be dragged out into the streets and shot lol.
Yeah, much is expected of Mr. Turner.
In reality, at least one of Mr. Schottenheimer's teams were supposed to take it all. Seriously, SD didn't do bad in the draft and should easily win the West. I'm sure Indy can't wait to have SD back in the Dome for the playoffs...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #37
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
I'm a Red Sox fan too. Down with the Lakers and Yankees, I say.
A true anomoly! A Boston fan in New York... Do you get static from your friends or family because of that?

I was on active duty with a guy from Brooklyn and he was die hard Knicks, Yanks (or Mets), then Giants -- and not in that order. The mention of any team Boston was like... fighting words!

It's cool... I consider myself somewhat of an anomoly when it comes to my pro football team... No pro team in Los Angeles (some make the claim that USC is L.A.'s pro team, but moving on...) I go for the Colts!
Friends, yes......family, no. My dad is a Yankees guy, but we can have civilized discussions about our teams.

He also is a Celtics fan though. He grew up watching the Bill Russell-Bob Cousy Celtics with my grandfather, and I grew up watching the Bird-Parish-McHale Celtics with him.

So when I got into other sports, I just stuck with the same city for (American)football, and went for the Patriots(Dad likes the Giants)....and going for the Red Sox was a no-brainer too.....because a lot of the Yankees fans I know are trash-talkers, so it's easy to root against them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #38
mpcrsc562

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
...and I grew up watching the Bird-Parish-McHale Celtics with him.
Growing up watching basketball in the Eighties, you knew that every year in the championship series, it would be either the Celtics or the Lakers. Great rivalry for that time that has lost some lustre in this generation. It would be nice, however, to see them both in the championship series again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #39
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
...and I grew up watching the Bird-Parish-McHale Celtics with him.
Growing up watching basketball in the Eighties, you knew that every year in the championship series, it would be either the Celtics or the Lakers. Great rivalry for that time that has lost some lustre in this generation. It would be nice, however, to see them both in the championship series again.

That was a great rivalry...Back then they played defense not this Run and Gun crap you see now!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 May 2010   #40
myzr7

Windows 7 Ulti. x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mpcrsc562 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by noobvious View Post
...and I grew up watching the Bird-Parish-McHale Celtics with him.
Growing up watching basketball in the Eighties, you knew that every year in the championship series, it would be either the Celtics or the Lakers. Great rivalry for that time that has lost some lustre in this generation. It would be nice, however, to see them both in the championship series again.
Celts fan here. Since Jo Jo White (KU) and now Paul Pierce (KU). Be carefull Lakers Fan what you ask for. The big three plus one could get er done! Revenge for 08 would be sweet but it is not no sure thing. The games have to be played before some wear the crown. Enjoy the games
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Venus making Transition around the suns surface June 5 2012
Hi guys If you are into science and space exploration today is a good day to witness an event of a life time Venus can be seen going over the suns surface in transitions that happen once every 8 years here is the story Cosmic Log - Venus transit: A last-minute guide
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:03.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App