Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Today [3]

08 Jun 2010   #621
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

Just to educate this dumb brit from over the pond

Is the cost we're talking about here a direct cost, fines and re-licencing or does it include indirect costs such as additional transport costs during a ban for DUI and increased insurance costs once you start driving again
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #622
Chase

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
Just to educate this dumb brit from over the pond

Is the cost we're talking about here a direct cost, fines and re-licencing or does it include indirect costs such as additional transport costs during a ban for DUI and increased insurance costs once you start driving again
The money I lost included:

The fine for the D.U.I.: ~$2,000

The price of my car (which i totaled): ~$4,000

The price of my new I'm about to buy: ~$3,000

The price of the 18 month court oredered D.U.I. program/classes: ~$2,000

The price of an emergency response unit: ~$600

The costs for my transportation since the D.U.I.: Probably ~$1,000

And on top of all that, the price that my insurance rates are going to be at now!

Also, I have to pay for a SR22 form... which adds on additional insurance charges.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #623
Jonathan_King

Windows 7 Professional x64
 
 

You've lost the money for the new car already??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Jun 2010   #624
osholt

Windows 7 Profesional x86, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
Just to educate this dumb brit from over the pond

Is the cost we're talking about here a direct cost, fines and re-licencing or does it include indirect costs such as additional transport costs during a ban for DUI and increased insurance costs once you start driving again
The money I lost included:

The fine for the D.U.I.: ~$2,000

The price of my car (which i totaled): ~$4,000

The price of my new I'm about to buy: ~$3,000

The price of the 18 month court oredered D.U.I. program/classes: ~$2,000

The price of an emergency response unit: ~$600

The costs for my transportation since the D.U.I.: Probably ~$1,000

And on top of all that, the price that my insurance rates are going to be at now!

Also, I have to pay for a SR22 form... which adds on additional insurance charges.
Ouch.

Oli
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #625
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Nigel, here in Florida, the State requires an interlock device your vehicle. You have to blow into this device (a breathalyzer) before your ignition will unlock. If you have any alcohol on your breath, it will not unlock.

You must pay for the device -$1500 five years ago; probably $2000 by now. The price includes installation. You must have it calibrated monthly (or it will not unlock) at the cost of $50.00 each month.

This is in addition to the all of the other costs. And the expensive high risk insurance lasts for three years - if you have a spotless driving record during that time.

A second DUI means automatic jail time. A DUI accident in which someone is killed results in a DUI manslaughter charge, a big felony.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #626
Chase

Windows 7 Home Premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jonathan_King View Post
You've lost the money for the new car already??
lol.

Not quite.. yet. But I consider it gone.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #627
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
I'm very proud of you both for lessons learned.. wtg guys..[ATTACH]77521[/ATTACH]
Picked out a new hat for you.
Today [3]-razor.jpg

RazorBack Hard Hat

2 more just below/above?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #628
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by LADYPINKtomato1 View Post
BFK do we have any tutorials on an Apple pc.. like how to save and share photos? .. just curious.. have a friend with a Mc....
thanks for any replies.


Hello LPt.

As this is a Windows / PC forum I doubt there are any, you could start a thread in the chillout and ask for help and maybe someone will be able to help you out.
BKK hi.. thanks so very much... I did find what I needed on Apples web site..
you are so helpful to me.
hugs
Today [3]-thumbes-up-rael-big.gif


My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #629
Barman58

Windows 10 Pro x64 x3, Ubuntu
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Nigel, here in Florida, the State requires an interlock device your vehicle. You have to blow into this device (a breathalyzer) before your ignition will unlock. If you have any alcohol on your breath, it will not unlock.

You must pay for the device -$1500 five years ago; probably $2000 by now. The price includes installation. You must have it calibrated monthly (or it will not unlock) at the cost of $50.00 each month.

This is in addition to the all of the other costs. And the expensive high risk insurance lasts for three years - if you have a spotless driving record during that time.

A second DUI means automatic jail time. A DUI accident in which someone is killed results in a DUI manslaughter charge, a big felony.
Thanks Carl

Over here it's similar but a little more discretionary as to penalties 1st offense - 1 year ban, 2nd offense 3 year ban, 3rd offense is normally a prison sentence, but not always, can be 5 years or even life ban. All include courses and often compulsory retest. the offense remains on the licence for 7 years and thus effects insurance premiums for that time, as a minimum.

Death by dangerous driving carries a maximum of about 10-15 years IIRC although actual sentence is rarely that level.

Some example here ....

Inadequate sentences for Death by Dangerous Driving in the UK

It's the point of view of a pressure group but shows the complexities of our system
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #630
LADYPINKtomato1

Windows 8 - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Went shopping for new hats for LPT
Attachment 77523

Attachment 77524

A woman never has enough hats!
THW these are cute... cute.. I love both... have them saved to use later.
Thanks bunches. you're right about never having too many hats.. I've just worn my car wash hat.. my car looks great.. I cleaned the whitewalls first then off to the car wash to finish up.. back home.. did a short detailing.. along with .. that spray that keeps the trim looking great.. I'm beat.. not more hats tonite..lol
Sweet dreams..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Today [15]
Continued from - Today I got called in to work last night ... and will have to do tonight .. then my week starts the following night ... no rest :rolleyes:
Chillout Room
Today [14.2¾]
Today I finally managed to confirm my internship for the end of this year! I'll be spending half a year in Brussels speaking French and doing fancy stuff as a Junior Management Consultant in one of the biggest companies out there! Really stoked about it, especially since I'll be working closely...
Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today?
YouTube - Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy It was amazing the number of people who walked by without getting a hug. "We all need hugs!"
Chillout Room
Who did you hug today?
list those who you hugged today Poppa Anna Tracy Hope Mimi Mary Kate Tommy
Chillout Room
Today [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/27696-today.html Today, I'm fixing to take a nap. :sleepy:
Chillout Room
Today
Today i worked out at my local ***nasium and later i made a new Sig for myself :)... what did you do today, please share ? Edit - Why is G Y M stared out ?
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App