Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Have you had enough of the crappy 80s cartoon movies?

17 Jun 2010   #11
DocBrown

Win7 Enterprise, Win7 x86 (Ult 7600), Win7 x64 Ult 7600, TechNet RTM on AMD x64 (2.8Ghz)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
That third hand scares me.

Even scarier, the fourth hand could be under the table
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #12
severedsolo

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
That third hand scares me.

Even scarier, the fourth hand could be under the table
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #13
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Did someone mention a fourth hand???

Have you had enough of the crappy 80s cartoon movies?-qfp.png


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Jun 2010   #14
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post

I just hope they explain 2 things.

1. Why they all call him Papa Smurf

2. Why Smurfette is the only female.
They won't.

But Papa Smurf was called Papa Smurf because he is the oldest living Smurf and the 'patriarch' of the smurf clan. Just as most tribes and villages have their 'elders'.

TBH, I don't think the original Belgian cartoons of Pierre Culliford (Peyo) were too concerned with details like that.

The original Smurf vilage is loosely based on the communist ideology of a true 'commune' (which apart from Papa Smurf, all smurfs are equal and each smurf (worker) has thier own individual skill and role to play in their community)

Smurfette was the ony female because she was originally created by Gargamel as a trap to lead Gargamel to the Smurfs. She was created from a potion, but was made into a 'real smurf' by magic.

Peyo was a notorious misogynist and the original smurfette was 10 times as stupid, ugly, annoying and was a bane to the smurfs existence because of all the troubles a 'woman' caused.

He nearly told the carton company to stick it when they changed the smurfette character into one that was less sexist and and less annoying.

Yep - I'm full of 'useful info'. *Self FacePalm*
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #15
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

You sure know a lot about the smurfs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #16
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post

I just hope they explain 2 things.

1. Why they all call him Papa Smurf

2. Why Smurfette is the only female.
They won't.

But Papa Smurf was called Papa Smurf because he is the oldest living Smurf and the 'patriarch' of the smurf clan. Just as most tribes and villages have their 'elders'.

TBH, I don't think the original Belgian cartoons of Pierre Culliford (Peyo) were too concerned with details like that.

The original Smurf vilage is loosely based on the communist ideology of a true 'commune' (which apart from Papa Smurf, all smurfs are equal and each smurf (worker) has thier own individual skill and role to play in their community)

Smurfette was the ony female because she was originally created by Gargamel as a trap to lead Gargamel to the Smurfs. She was created from a potion, but was made into a 'real smurf' by magic.

Peyo was a notorious misogynist and the original smurfette was 10 times as stupid, ugly, annoying and was a bane to the smurfs existence because of all the troubles a 'woman' caused.

He nearly told the carton company to stick it when they changed the smurfette character into one that was less sexist and and less annoying.

Yep - I'm full of 'useful info'. *Self FacePalm*
Quite a Smurf history lesson there, I can truly say "I did not know that."
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #17
Luckystar

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM + SP1
 
 

OH MY GOD!!!! NNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!

They should have left it alone. Once was enough, but to make it CGI and set it in New York.

::grabsbigboxofsleepingpills::

Wake me up after it has been on TV for the 100th time!!

Lucky (not anymore, it just run out)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #18
Dwarf

Windows 8.1 Pro RTM x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by blackroseMD1 View Post

I just hope they explain 2 things.

1. Why they all call him Papa Smurf

2. Why Smurfette is the only female.
They won't.

But Papa Smurf was called Papa Smurf because he is the oldest living Smurf and the 'patriarch' of the smurf clan. Just as most tribes and villages have their 'elders'.
.
.
.
Yep - I'm full of 'useful info'. *Self FacePalm*
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
You sure know a lot about the smurfs.
Are you sure you weren't one in a previous life?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #19
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dwarf View Post

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
You sure know a lot about the smurfs.
Are you sure you weren't one in a previous life?
la la lala la la....

The thing is, my GF likes to fall asleep to old cartoons so I d/led the Smurfs for her about a year back.

Unfortunately, as she slept - The Smurfs did not. (On in the back ground). So I started watching them.

I liked them as a kid, but there were always a lot of unanswered questions for me. Watching them as an adult I filled in those gaps and was able to catch some of the adult undertones and sub-text that is rife in a lot of 'innocent' kids cartons.

Add google+boredom = Knowing more than is necessary about smurfs.

So Smurf ya
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jun 2010   #20
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Well Smurf on then!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Bsod when burning movies or coverting home movies
https://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html I went here for help on this matter, I followed what I think is exactly how to do what I needed. But when ever I convert home movies or burn them to dvd I get BSOD saying it's doing a minidump....
BSOD Help and Support
My crappy Acer case
Hi all, I have a Acer Aspire 5750 notebook. The case is cheap plastic and certain spots with a little pressure make creeking noises. I know this isn't the best computer in the world, but is there anything I can do to make this casing a little more non-crappy lol Thanks
PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
GeForce 9500GT On A Crappy PC.
Hey guys! Well I have had enough with lame intergraded chipsets. I was on Craiglist and I saw ATI Radeon X600 for 25 bucks. I thought about buying but I asked around, and a buddy of mine advised to get a 9500GT instead. I was so psyched about it because it looks amazing! But at first I was...
Graphic Cards
crappy old icon in windows explorer
Can anyone tell me how to change this crappy old icon in windows explorer? See attachment. Thanks!
Customization
Internet download speed crappy
I read at a lot of forums that have the same problem. my download speed is around 70/80 kb/s instead of 350 kb/s and also at at speedtest it's crappy but only the download speed is like that upload speed working. http://www.speedtest.net/result/587176284.png I'm supposed to have 2.5 mb/s and I...
Network & Sharing
CPU Upgrade? What to get for this old crappy socket...
Does any one know what good upgrades I could get for Socket 462? I am clueless and what not... as this machine is VERY slow and I can't get many tasks done on it... since it's CPU is way to slow. Any proccessors built for performance and reliable? Any suggestions? P.S. My current CPU usage when...
Performance & Maintenance


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App