Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Partition Wizard : New Tutorial

03 Jul 2010   #41
theog

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

ME/XP/Vista/Win7
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #42
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Many a slip twixt the cup and the lip, the finger and the keyboard!


Oopps, hate it when that happens
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2010   #43
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Here's a new one that was a lot of work, I hope it's a help to many.


Partition Wizard : Use the Bootable CD


With the questions that came about in this thread here and then here it caused me to consider the usefulness of this tutorial in its present form, so I have decided to totally re-work it from the ground up to include instructions on creating a fourth Windows primary partition, I'm going to do away with the section on "Wipe" and replace about 90% of the current snips with new ones, I have all the needed snips already created and I will make the changes this weekend; the new additions will show how to go from the state in this first snip to the third, though I doubt these snips will be included in the tutorial.

Partition Wizard : New Tutorial-disk_management.jpg
Partition Wizard : New Tutorial-disk_management2.jpg
Partition Wizard : New Tutorial-disk-management3.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Aug 2010   #44
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

BFK, it looks like you are doing a lot of work. Did you ever consider a video in lieu of the static pictures. I found videos very practical for showing transitions from one page to the next.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2010   #45
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
BFK, it looks like you are doing a lot of work. Did you ever consider a video in lieu of the static pictures. I found videos very practical for showing transitions from one page to the next.




Hello Wolfgang.


That is something to consider though I have no video equipment to do it with and I'm sure I don't have as pleasing a voice as some; besides all the work is done, I just have to put it together now.


Thank you for the suggestion though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2010   #46
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
BFK, it looks like you are doing a lot of work. Did you ever consider a video in lieu of the static pictures. I found videos very practical for showing transitions from one page to the next.




Hello Wolfgang.


That is something to consider though I have no video equipment to do it with and I'm sure I don't have as pleasing a voice as some; besides all the work is done, I just have to put it together now.


Thank you for the suggestion though.
You do not need any equipment - just a little video capture program and maybe a lossless editing program. If you ever want to venture into it, send me a PM and I will tell you how I do it. Here is a little example of a class tutorial which I teach at my computer club.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2010   #47
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by whs View Post
BFK, it looks like you are doing a lot of work. Did you ever consider a video in lieu of the static pictures. I found videos very practical for showing transitions from one page to the next.




Hello Wolfgang.


That is something to consider though I have no video equipment to do it with and I'm sure I don't have as pleasing a voice as some; besides all the work is done, I just have to put it together now.


Thank you for the suggestion though.
You do not need any equipment - just a little video capture program and maybe a lossless editing program. If you ever want to venture into it, send me a PM and I will tell you how I do it. Here is a little example of a class tutorial which I teach at my computer club.

Thanks mate, I just may take you up on that before too long.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2010   #48
whs
Microsoft MVP

Vista, Windows7, Mint Mate, Zorin, Windows 8
 
 

Quote:
Thanks mate, I just may take you up on that before too long.
Any time - just holler.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2010   #49
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Here it is I sure wish everyone would have a look and let me know if there are any obvious boo-boos or typos.

Thank you!


Partition Wizard : Use the Bootable CD_v2.0












.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Aug 2010   #50
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Here it is I sure wish everyone would have a look and let me know if there are any obvious boo-boos or typos.

Thank you!


Partition Wizard : Use the Bootable CD_v2.0


.




Just though to bring this around one last time for those that may not have seen it yet.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Why does Partition Wizard show a GPT (Reserved Partition) ?
I just got my first 3TB (> 2TB) HD. I initialized it as a GPT Disk in Windows Disk Management (DM). I created the partition in MiniTool Partition Wizard (PW). Seeing a difference in DM and PW, I cleaned the disk and then re-initialized and created the partition in DM. If the partition is...
Hardware & Devices
Partition Wizard shows 98% Empty partition as 100% Full
I am trying to reduce the partition of D drive on a laptop in order to increase the size of the C drive. In Win 7 Computer Management the D Drive is shown as 98% empty. I booted from the Partition Wizard CD I made and found that in PW06 the drive was shown as 100% full and was unable to reduce the...
General Discussion
Remove System Reserved Partition+Partition Wizard
When I restore from an image there's only 31% free on the System Reserved Partition. I have to wait about 30 minutes or longer and then there is 63% free, then I can create an image. I want to continue to use the Win 7 backup utility because it's very reliable on my computer. I've got a...
Backup and Restore
Partition Wizard Tutorial : Completely Rewritten
I have completely rewritten this from scratch to include a new layout and all completely new snips and text, it is all totally new and I hope it will find some use now. It's worth a good look now. ;) Partition Wizard : Use the Bootable CD
Chillout Room
Partition Wizard Tutorial : Completely Redone
I have completely rewritten this from scratch to include a new layout and all completely new snips and text, it is all totally new and I hope it will find some use now. It's worth a good look now. ;) Partition Wizard : Use the Bootable CD
Installation & Setup


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App