Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why the iPhone 4 Sux 4ever

19 Jul 2010   #31
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kirsch View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
My phone is a smartphone (the moto Cliq) and the battery lasts all day.... I just charge it while I sleep.

~Lordbob
Yea? That's exactly what I said..
Except I can do everything on it....

You implied the battery life allowed you to do nothing, and I was saying mine works great.

Perhaps a little misunderstanding.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2010   #32
dood

Win7/XP
 
 

Quote:
So pretty much any smartphone with a touch screen is a fail?

Yea, you can make them last more than a day, but that basically means you are doing NOTHING on it, and who cares, omg the phone is plugged in every night while YOU ARE SLEEPING lol
I have a blackberry...no touch screen of course.
Battery will last for a few days of normal use.
Plus..I carry a spare battery just in case. (I notice nobody jumped on me about a non-replaceable battery. )

When you get right down to it...arent cell phones designed for mobility?
I enjoy not having to charge mine twice a day.
My g-friend has an i('m better than you)phone. I get a giggle everytime she complains her battery is dying. And of course this happens more than once a day.

Hey now...I'm just making, what I believe, are some valid points.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2010   #33
dood

Win7/XP
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dood View Post
Any device needs to be charged more than once a day...FAIL.
Any device that wont let me change the freakin battery or insert a spare...FAIL.
Any device with non-standard proprietary cables (and charges a fortune for spares)...FAIL.
Any device that needs the 'blessing' of vendor to offer software...FAIL
Any device that has the ability to remotely wipe out apps that 'they feel' shouldnt be running on the device...FAIL.
Any device inherently tied to a 'store'...FAIL.
Any device that uses only one carrier...with long term contracts...FAIL.
Any device that has ghey silhouette commerials....FAIL.

Just my .02
Not worth.
Really?
Did I lie about something?
Did I mis-inform?
Am I wrong?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Jul 2010   #34
Kirsch

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Except I can do everything on it....

You implied the battery life allowed you to do nothing, and I was saying mine works great.

Perhaps a little misunderstanding.

~Lordbob
I said "more than a day", I have a droid and can do everything all day too, i just need to plug it in at night when I sleep otherwise the next day around 9 - 10AM it will die, which is what I said in my first reply.. I think we are saying the exact same thing hah
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2010   #35
Lordbob75

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Mint 9
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kirsch View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lordbob75 View Post
Except I can do everything on it....

You implied the battery life allowed you to do nothing, and I was saying mine works great.

Perhaps a little misunderstanding.

~Lordbob
I said "more than a day", I have a droid and can do everything all day too, i just need to plug it in at night when I sleep otherwise the next day around 9 - 10AM it will die, which is what I said in my first reply.. I think we are saying the exact same thing hah
Looks like.

~Lordbob
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2010   #36
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dood View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dood View Post
Any device needs to be charged more than once a day...FAIL.
Any device that wont let me change the freakin battery or insert a spare...FAIL.
Any device with non-standard proprietary cables (and charges a fortune for spares)...FAIL.
Any device that needs the 'blessing' of vendor to offer software...FAIL
Any device that has the ability to remotely wipe out apps that 'they feel' shouldnt be running on the device...FAIL.
Any device inherently tied to a 'store'...FAIL.
Any device that uses only one carrier...with long term contracts...FAIL.
Any device that has ghey silhouette commerials....FAIL.

Just my .02
Not worth.
Really?
Did I lie about something?
Did I mis-inform?
Am I wrong?
As said earlier, its a full touch screen smartphone and the screen is bigger than most of the common cellphones hence the battery will "obviously" drain, however, It lasts for atleast a day.
I have never needed to change my cellphone battery. 1 battery is enough for me to do all the things I want on my cellphone.
"Non-standard proprietary cables" ??? What??
Blessing of the vendor?? iTunes has 2 millions apps. More than any freaking smartphone on the planet. Huh!
Ability to remotely wipe out apps is IMHO, a nice feature for those who are concerned about their privacy incase they lose their phones. No other phone has this feature.
Tied to a store= More apps to play with.
One carrier?? That may be the case only in U.S. Not in Asian markets.
I dont know why you jerk about commercials

On the other hand, I m not praising the iphone. Just my 2 cents

Truly,
Dinesh.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2010   #37
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dood View Post
Any device needs to be charged more than once a day...FAIL.
Any device that wont let me change the freakin battery or insert a spare...FAIL.
Any device with non-standard proprietary cables (and charges a fortune for spares)...FAIL.
Any device that needs the 'blessing' of vendor to offer software...FAIL
Any device that has the ability to remotely wipe out apps that 'they feel' shouldnt be running on the device...FAIL.
Any device inherently tied to a 'store'...FAIL.
Any device that uses only one carrier...with long term contracts...FAIL.
Any device that has ghey silhouette commerials....FAIL.

Just my .02
Not worth.
Indeed. - it's worth much more than .2 cents

Quote:
"Non-standard proprietary cables" ??? What??
Tied to a store= More apps to play with.
More chance to $$$ gouge.


Quote:
Ability to remotely wipe out apps is IMHO, a nice feature for those who are concerned about their privacy incase they lose their phones. No other phone has this feature.
Dual edged sword - good if your phone is stolen - BAD because it's none of their damn business what you run on your OWN phone.


Quote:
I dont know why you jerk about commercials
Because Apple Ads are nauseating
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2010   #38
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
As said earlier, its a full touch screen smartphone and the screen is bigger than most of the common cellphones hence the battery will "obviously" drain, however, It lasts for atleast a day.
I have never needed to change my cellphone battery. 1 battery is enough for me to do all the things I want on my cellphone.
"Non-standard proprietary cables" ??? What??
Blessing of the vendor?? iTunes has 2 millions apps. More than any freaking smartphone on the planet. Huh!
Ability to remotely wipe out apps is IMHO, a nice feature for those who are concerned about their privacy incase they lose their phones. No other phone has this feature.
Tied to a store= More apps to play with.
One carrier?? That may be the case only in U.S. Not in Asian markets.
I dont know why you jerk about commercials
All batteries go bad after a while. Basic life of the cellphone battery is about one year of normal use. After that you won't get prime charge from it like brand new. Of course by then you'll probably purchase another phone, but just the freedom of doing if you need/want to is nice.

He means only apps approved by Apple
, and the Apple store. So if you want an app they don't approve of, you're out of luck.

Google can do this with Android as well/with any phone running it, and they already have once to remove a potential malicious app in the market and already on some users phones.

Only AT&T has the market on the iPhone in the U.S, currently.


There are pros and cons to every choice. But let's keep the discussion civil please.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Jul 2010   #39
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

1: I have downloaded over 100's of Apple products which are completely "free".
2: They do not look inside your stuffs. They only "delete" it remotely.
3: No Apple ads in India, or that matter in South Asian countries.

So I guess, Apple products seems to be a PITS for U.S. or Aussies. Not for the developing countries.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jul 2010   #40
WindowsStar

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64); Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
 
 

Just want to give my experience:

Many of my family have iPhone’s, they are always complaining about missed calls, and poor service area. Now I know that some of this is AT&T fault but it still bugs my wife when she calls her brother over and over and over and he tells her later that he never got the call or the phone never rang. I am not saying the iPhone is bad I don’t own one and have never used one so I cannot tell you from firsthand experience. I am just telling you what my family says.

On the other side, I have always had a very simple phone, one that made phone calls and did it well. But a few months ago due to a policy change I was forced to get a Blackberry (Blackberry Storm 2). I really did not want all the extras and did not see the need for all the features. But now that I have been using it for 6 months I have to say this is one of the best phones I have had. The battery stays charged with heavy use for 4 days (heavy = 4 to 6 hours a day, I do system installs after all). If I don’t use the phone at all say over a 4 or 5 day long weekend. The phone will stay completely charged. Once I pick it up on the 6 day to go to work the phone will still work for 3 days before needing a charge. Next I am all over the USA and I have never had a place where I had a call dropped, sometimes I am in such small cities that I would think the phone service would be very bad, nope not a problem. Also I am an avid outdoors man and I am way out town all the time. In all my outdoor travel I have only been in 1 place that did not have service and even then I hiked up a small hill (less than 1Km, under a mile) and had service.

-WS
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
iPhone 4s 32gb or iPhone 5 16gb
i have a choice between these 2 phones^ which one is more worth it
Chillout Room
What do you think of the new iPhone?
I think it is a nice change. It won't be as fragile as previoud versions. But, it is kind of catching up to the smartphones that are already out.
Chillout Room
Sync Outlook with Iphone display in Iphone name from outlook: FILE AS:
Is there a way that I can sync my Outlook contacts with my Iphone 4s so that the contact appears as displayed by outlook. Example: Mr. Richard Jones FILE AS: Rich Jones This is the option to display in outlook and I would prefer to display on phone the same.
Microsoft Office
please help with my iphone
My old computer crashed several months ago and so I haven't updated my iphone 3g. I just got a new laptop with windows 7 64 bit. I plug my phone in and it charges but the laptop says USB device not recognized. Ive googled just about everything I could think of with no luck. Gone to the device...
Hardware & Devices
Is 'iPhone Video' the Name of the Next iPhone?
Is 'iPhone Video' the Name of the Next iPhone? Interesting, no? Seems to follow in their naming pattern. iPod, iPod video. ~Lordbob
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:19.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App