Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Task Scheduler : New Tutorial

04 Jul 2010   #1
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 
Task Scheduler : New Tutorial

Have a look and let me know what you think.


Task Scheduler : Shut Down the PC - Create Task
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #2
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Good tut again BFK , one question , can you make it postpone the shutdown if its ever needed ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #3
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Good tut again BFK , one question , can you make it postpone the shutdown if its ever needed ?

Hello Kathryn, thanks!


I'm not sure if you can once the shutdown has started but you can have a look at the "Conditions" tab to add some parameters, that may be a help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Jul 2010   #4
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Good job Ted, Nice walk through.

I like this little tidbit too, on the expire date.


Attached Thumbnails
Task Scheduler : New Tutorial-2012.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #5
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Good job Ted, Nice walk through.

I like this little tidbit too, on the expire date.


I was hoping someone would enjoy that one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #6
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Good tut again BFK , one question , can you make it postpone the shutdown if its ever needed ?

Hello Kathryn, thanks!


I'm not sure if you can once the shutdown has started but you can have a look at the "Conditions" tab to add some parameters, that may be a help.
I think you can set it to "stop if the computer ceases to be idle" in conditions thank you BFK
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #7
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Good job Ted, Nice walk through.

I like this little tidbit too, on the expire date.


I was hoping someone would enjoy that one.
Subtle, but well placed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #8
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Good tut again BFK , one question , can you make it postpone the shutdown if its ever needed ?

Hello Kathryn, thanks!


I'm not sure if you can once the shutdown has started but you can have a look at the "Conditions" tab to add some parameters, that may be a help.
I think you can set it to "stop if the computer ceases to be idle" in conditions thank you BFK

I know you can but it's too much to go into in the tutorial because there would be so many different situations to cover; I'm pleased you find it useful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #9
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bare Foot Kid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Good job Ted, Nice walk through.

I like this little tidbit too, on the expire date.


I was hoping someone would enjoy that one.
Subtle, but well placed.

I enjoyed it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Jul 2010   #10
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

I just added this to the tutorial, it'll make it easier to use.
Note   Note

Be sure to have a look at the "Conditions" tab if you need to add any parameters that must be met before the task is able to run.

Task Scheduler : New Tutorial-condidions.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Need help creating a task scheduler task to move files over a network.
Hello everyone, I need to have a task run that will move the contents of a folder from one computer to another over my home LAN. Files get downloaded during the night on one computer and then need to be transfered to another. Usually I am doing this by hand, but then though maybe I could get...
General Discussion
Task Scheduler - Create Task to Display a Message Reminder
How to Display a Message Reminder in Windows with Task Scheduler This will show you how to create yourself, or another user or group, a message reminder scheduled to display for when and how often you like in Windows 7 or Vista using Task Scheduler. All users on the computer will be able to...
Tutorials
Task Scheduler : Create Shut Down PC Automatically Task
How to Create a Task that will Shut Down the PC Automatically This will show a very easy way to create a task in the Task Scheduler that will shut down the PC whenever you like. This will work for Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Let's get started! 1) In the Windows start menu search box type...
Tutorials
simple task scheduler question: changing a task name
Hello, I scheduled some tasks in the task scheduler. One of the tasks has a typo and another I would like to change its name. There doesn't seem to be a way of doing this short of resetting up the tasks from scratch and deleting the original tasks. Would anyone know how to rename tasks in the...
Performance & Maintenance
Task scheduler unable to load task status/active tasks at startup.
My task manager is unable to load task status/active tasks at startup. I get the message: "The selected task "{0}" no longer exists. To see the current tasks, click Refresh." When I refresh I get the same message. I checked and found that under Microsoft the problem was in the defrag...
Performance & Maintenance
Task Scheduler failing to start task with merged network locations
I have two routers I usually connect to (work and home) and each have wireless access. That means there are essentially 4 network locations I have listed. I have merged each respective network location (wired and wireless) into their own singular network location - "Work" and "Home". I also...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App