PSA Texting While Driving UK Ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 565
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #1

    PSA Texting While Driving UK Ad


    Saw this and figure it to be an excellent statement to make!

      My Computer


  2. Posts : 177
    Windows 7 Pro X64
       #2

    BOOOOM!!

    Head-shot!
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 177
    Windows 7 Pro X64
       #3

    Tbh, I sometimes text when driving. BUT there short and sweet like "10 min away" and only when stuck in traffic or at the traffic lights a few cars back.

    Luckily I have a Nokia E71, similar to a blackberry and it has a keyboard on it, so not really need to look at it.

    What's more, a car full of your mates are a big problem. Numerous times I've done things stupid in my car, including spinning it on one of the Busiest A road roundabouts near me during rush hour. God knows how I never clipped anyone else or ended up in a road sign. This was more the fact they were egging me on to overtake another car (not phone related) Of cause, he won and went past laughing.

    Live and learn i suppose.

    P.s. Is it illegal in the US to use your phone when driving?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 12,364
    8 Pro x64
       #4

    Her last call was from a new cell phone...

    PSA Texting While Driving UK Ad-carbikea.jpg

    PSA Texting While Driving UK Ad-carbikeb.jpg

    PSA Texting While Driving UK Ad-carbikec.jpg

    PSA Texting While Driving UK Ad-carbiked.jpg




    The Honda crotch rocket rider was travelling at approximately 85 mph.

    The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle.

    The riders reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.

    The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.

    The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

    All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly.



    This graphic demonstration was placed at the Motorcycle Fair by the Police and Road Safety Department..

    A picture is worth a thousand words.

    Save a life.

    Stop talking on Cell phones and Texting while trying to drive.

    The life you save may be your own..... or mine...
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 177
    Windows 7 Pro X64
       #5

    smarteyeball said:
    Her last call was from a new cell phone...

    PSA Texting While Driving UK Ad-carbikea.jpg

    PSA Texting While Driving UK Ad-carbikeb.jpg

    PSA Texting While Driving UK Ad-carbikec.jpg

    PSA Texting While Driving UK Ad-carbiked.jpg
    Its amazing how much force is involved at 85MPH. Esp to kill the driver and passenger. The amount of G-Force must be unbelievable.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 565
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    smarteyeball said:
    Her last call was from a new cell phone...

    The Honda crotch rocket rider was travelling at approximately 85 mph.

    The VW driver was talking on a cell phone when she pulled out from a side street, apparently not seeing the motorcycle.

    The riders reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident.

    The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them.

    The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 20 feet from where the collision took place.

    All three involved (two in the car and the bike rider) were killed instantly.
    Mostly true. It was actually 155MPH estimated but there was no evidence of any cell phone use.

    snopes.com: Do You See the Motorcycle?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 12,364
    8 Pro x64
       #7

    JonM33 said:
    Mostly true. It was actually 155MPH estimated but there was no evidence of any cell phone use.

    snopes.com: Do You See the Motorcycle?
    Well, you have to take e-mail messages with a grain of salt.

    Regardless of whether that incident actually involved a phone or not, it's still bloody stupid to be fiddling with your phone while driving.

    I've lost track of the amount of bone head to downright dangerous incidents I've witnessed in traffic because someone's been talking or texting.

    I've nearly been rear ended, or side swiped countless times. Or the good old stuck at a green light until it turns red trick because the driver was focusing on their bloody phone
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 565
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    Thread Starter
       #8

    smarteyeball said:
    Well, you have to take e-mail messages with a grain of salt.
    I agree. Nearly all of them are false and used to spread propaganda.

    This one was a classic: snopes.com: Palatial Prison

    smarteyeball said:
    Regardless of whether that incident actually involved a phone or not, it's still bloody stupid to be fiddling with your phone while driving.

    I've lost track of the amount of bone head to downright dangerous incidents I've witnessed in traffic because someone's been talking or texting.

    I've nearly been rear ended, or side swiped countless times. Or the good old stuck at a green light until it turns red trick because the driver was focusing on their bloody phone
    I was once front ended by a woman on a cell. She pulled too far out past a stop sign, instead of going on through she went in reverse and wasn't paying attention. She ended up ramming my front bumper. I couldn't back up because there was a car behind me too.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 100
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #9

    They show this video, along with many others of the same sort, here in Canada at a program that is intended to "Prevent Alcohol and Risk Related Trauma in Youth" (P.A.R.T.Y. Program).. I still remember seeing this video, and now as a driver, never even consider looking at my phone while driving. I'll always pass it off to someone else in the vehicle, or wait until I am no longer moving to take a glance
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 12,364
    8 Pro x64
       #10

    JonM33 said:
    I was once front ended by a woman on a cell. She pulled too far out past a stop sign, instead of going on through she went in reverse and wasn't paying attention. She ended up ramming my front bumper. I couldn't back up because there was a car behind me too.
    That's a bugger. I get the near misses and you get a prime example of a bonehead move

    Extensa said:
    and now as a driver, never even consider looking at my phone while driving. I'll always pass it off to someone else in the vehicle, or wait until I am no longer moving to take a glance
    Yep. If I have a passenger, I get them to answer it. If I'm solo and not expecting a call, I ignore it.

    However, hypocrite here , on the odd occasion I am expecting an important call and if the traffic is light I do sometimes answer it, but I always either tell them quickly that I'm driving and I'll call them back or to wait until I can pull over.

    Depending on who it is, if all else fails, the "I'm driving and there's a cop behind me - gotta go" always guarantees a quick sub 5 sec call
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54.
Find Us