Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Today [4]

21 Sep 2010   #1761
Dave76

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Ult x64 - SP1/ Windows 8 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Going to Bring my new lappy home
What kind of lappy did you get?
Specs?
Just got it It's a Dell .
It contains Core i3 , 4 Gb RAM , 500 GB storage , True life 1366x768 resolution , nd various readers ... not even checked everything .
Looks like a nice lappy, congrats.

Let us know more about it, when you get done with the preliminaries.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #1762
smarteyeball

 
 

I just bought a 58" plasma for my GF's birthday. My wallet and I just shed a tear
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #1763
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I just bought a 58" plasma for my GF's birthday. My wallet and I just shed a tear
Hmmm, what made you choose a plasma over a LCD? Just curious? A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

21 Sep 2010   #1764
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I just bought a 58" plasma for my GF's birthday. My wallet and I just shed a tear
Nice! That's the way to watch TV.

Is that what she wanted or were you just guessing?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #1765
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I just bought a 58" plasma for my GF's birthday. My wallet and I just shed a tear
Hmmm, what made you choose a plasma over a LCD? Just curious? A Guy
I researched the heck out of this and decided on plasma because:

A) Bang for buck (the cost of a 58" 3D capable LCD/LED is enough to make me weep openly )
B) Faster motion response for sports/games over LCD
C) Better colour reproduction/black levels
D) Permanent burn in, Image retention has been significantly improved over older plasmas.
E) This set in particular supposedly handles SD content a bit better than any other plasma/LCD/LED on our market. The majority of our free to air channels are on the low end of 'HD'

All three currently available types here: plasma, LCD, Edge lit LED have their strengths and weaknesses and plasma seemed to be the one that ticked most of the right boxes for my needs.

Fingers crossed my research pans out...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post

Nice! That's the way to watch TV.

Is that what she wanted or were you just guessing?
Considering I'm still watching TV on a 4:3 CRT - I figured it was time to join the now

My GF has poor eyesight, so anything bigger than what we currently have would have made her happy.

Considerably bigger makes me happy. It's a win/win situation
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #1766
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post

Considering I'm still watching TV on a 4:3 CRT - I figured it was time to join the now

My GF has poor eyesight, so anything bigger than what we currently have would have made her happy.

Considerably bigger makes me happy. It's a win/win situation
Yeah, big is great, it's a whole other experience. You get used to the 4:3 content being "fat" rather quickly. I have a 55" LCOS projection set, and it's great. Enjoy your present for "her", lol. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #1767
Airbot

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I just bought a 58" plasma for my GF's birthday. My wallet and I just shed a tear

Sounds delicious. Enjoy that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #1768
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post

Yeah, big is great, it's a whole other experience. You get used to the 4:3 content being "fat" rather quickly. I have a 55" LCOS projection set, and it's great. Enjoy your present for "her", lol. A Guy
heh heh - I'll enjoy - heck, I might even let her use it :roflamo:

I've been holding out for years on a big screen. Finally having a 'justification' helped

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Airbot View Post
Sounds delicious. Enjoy that.
Cheers mate. I think this may be my last big ticket purchase for quite a while though....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #1769
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Congrats mate, we'll just let her think it's for her eh.



Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
I researched the heck out of this and decided on plasma because:

A) Bang for buck (the cost of a 58" 3D capable LCD/LED is enough to make me weep openly )
B) Faster motion response for sports/games over LCD
C) Better colour reproduction/black levels
D) Permanent burn in, Image retention has been significantly improved over older plasmas.
E) This set in particular supposedly handles SD content a bit better than any other plasma/LCD/LED on our market. The majority of our free to air channels are on the low end of 'HD'
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Sep 2010   #1770
boohbah

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7600
 
 

Top Tip: let her hold the remote once a week!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Today [15]
Continued from - Today I got called in to work last night ... and will have to do tonight .. then my week starts the following night ... no rest :rolleyes:
Chillout Room
Today [14.2¾]
Today I finally managed to confirm my internship for the end of this year! I'll be spending half a year in Brussels speaking French and doing fancy stuff as a Junior Management Consultant in one of the biggest companies out there! Really stoked about it, especially since I'll be working closely...
Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today?
YouTube - Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy It was amazing the number of people who walked by without getting a hug. "We all need hugs!"
Chillout Room
Who did you hug today?
list those who you hugged today Poppa Anna Tracy Hope Mimi Mary Kate Tommy
Chillout Room
Today [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/27696-today.html Today, I'm fixing to take a nap. :sleepy:
Chillout Room
Today
Today i worked out at my local ***nasium and later i made a new Sig for myself :)... what did you do today, please share ? Edit - Why is G Y M stared out ?
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:11.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App