Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Today [4]

25 Jul 2010   #391
sergiogarcia9

 

Today, i'm going to Sweden for 1 weeks vacation. I will try to get online a bit if i can steal any wireless internet access from the neighbors

Cya all in a week

You can as always, reach me on Email and IM and i will reply when i get online
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #392
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Today, i'm going to Sweden for 1 weeks vacation. I will try to get online a bit if i can steal any wireless internet access from the neighbors

Cya all in a week

You can as always, reach me on Email and IM and i will reply when i get online
Have fun Sergio, bring me back a Swedish girl

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #393
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by johnwillyums View Post
Just had a very strange 'phone call. Guy sounded Indian and knew my name. He said that I had had 4 error warnings on my pc and wanted to help. I was immediately suspicious. I don't recall having any errors for ages.
I said "what are you trying to sell?" and he said he wasn't selling anything just trying to help me. He told me that I should press the Windows key on my keyboard if I wanted to avoid BSODs and eventually a black screen and total failure.
Naturally I didn't do anything but kept asking him how he had any knowledge of my pc and why it was any concern of his anyway. He said that "the engineer" had reported the errors and he was my only hope of avoiding disaster.
I continued asking him who "the engineer" was and how he knew anything about me or my pc and he just kept saying to press the Windows key.
I suggested again that he should explain who he was and be honest about what he was trying to sell.
In the end he hung up.
Very weird. Anybody any ideas?
This is doing the rounds in Cornwall at the moment. I have been in touch with the local Trading Standards office and have given them the telephone number of the caller. Yes the firm is naive enough to allow a 1471 return. I phoned the number and said a friend had received a call from them and they (the friend) didn't even have a computer. I also told them that the local trading standards office were looking into the case. I phoned them from my mobile, of course.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Jul 2010   #394
Kari

 

Whole Germany mourns today the 19 death and over 100 wounded young people last night after a panic developed in the entrance tunnel to the main party of the Love Parade, the world's biggest techno music festival in the city of Duisburg. The festival area could accommodate 250-300K people, about 1.4 million attended, entrance got crowded and young people died.

19 dead at Love Parade - The Local
Number of dead, injured at German music festival rises - CNN.com

Horrible news. Duisburg is only about 50 kilometers, 30 miles from our second home town, I had to call all those friends there having teenage kids, just to check everything is OK. Only one friend told their daughter was attending but had already called home to tell she's OK. Thank God for that.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #395
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Whole Germany mourns today the 19 death and over 100 wounded young people last night after a panic developed in the entrance tunnel to the main party of the Love Parade, the world's biggest techno music festival in the city of Duisburg. The festival area could accommodate 250-300K people, about 1.4 million attended, entrance got crowded and young people died.

19 dead at Love Parade - The Local
Number of dead, injured at German music festival rises - CNN.com

Horrible news. Duisburg is only about 50 kilometers, 30 miles from our second home town, I had to call all those friends there having teenage kids, just to check everything is OK. Only one friend told their daughter was attending but had already called home to tell she's OK. Thank God for that.

Kari
Thats a really bad news Kari. Good to know that everyone's fine from your side. BTW, today im going to meet my girlfriend after 3 days. We generally meet everyday but due to my work and her ill health, we could not meet. So finally I going to meet her in the next 1 hour. See you guys later.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #396
Dinesh

Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Today, i'm going to Sweden for 1 weeks vacation. I will try to get online a bit if i can steal any wireless internet access from the neighbors

Cya all in a week

You can as always, reach me on Email and IM and i will reply when i get online
Enjoy the trip Sergio.

P.S.; Plan to meet my girlfriend is cancelled.
Due to some guests, she could not meet me. So I m here with my laptop. Will leave for office in the next 2 hrs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #397
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Got back home from North Carolina late last night. I fired up my computer and discovered my modem and wireless router were toast. My guess is a lightening strike while we were gone. Just finished installing my new router/modem combination and am back on line! After ten days with almost no internet access in North Carolina, I have been suffering severe Seven Forums withdrawal! I had my computer and UPS completely unplugged, so no computer or peripheral damage.
Good to see you are connected again Carl, way to look at it is, could have been much worse!

A Guy
Thanks, Bill. It certainly could have been worse.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Got back home from North Carolina late last night. I fired up my computer and discovered my modem and wireless router were toast. My guess is a lightening strike while we were gone. Just finished installing my new router/modem combination and am back on line! After ten days with almost no internet access in North Carolina, I have been suffering severe Seven Forums withdrawal! I had my computer and UPS completely unplugged, so no computer or peripheral damage.
Welcome back Carl,

It's always nice to get away for a while, even from the computer
Thank you, Dave. It is good to be home; but I enjoyed the time away.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Today, i'm going to Sweden for 1 weeks vacation. I will try to get online a bit if i can steal any wireless internet access from the neighbors

Cya all in a week

You can as always, reach me on Email and IM and i will reply when i get online
Sergio, have a good time and a safe trip.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #398
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kari View Post
Whole Germany mourns today the 19 death and over 100 wounded young people last night after a panic developed in the entrance tunnel to the main party of the Love Parade, the world's biggest techno music festival in the city of Duisburg. The festival area could accommodate 250-300K people, about 1.4 million attended, entrance got crowded and young people died.

19 dead at Love Parade - The Local
Number of dead, injured at German music festival rises - CNN.com

Horrible news. Duisburg is only about 50 kilometers, 30 miles from our second home town, I had to call all those friends there having teenage kids, just to check everything is OK. Only one friend told their daughter was attending but had already called home to tell she's OK. Thank God for that.

Kari
Not good news at all. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who were killed. Losing a child is a terrible loss.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #399
Carl Lawrence

Dual-boot: Windows 7 HP 32-bit SP1 & Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP2.
 
 

I have been walking the dog as usual.

BTW, I had one of those strange phone calls:

The guy knew my name and was saying there was something wrong with my hard-drive. My computer was turned off that the time and I said I think you have the wrong Mr. Lawrence and he hung up.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Jul 2010   #400
Tews

64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Good decision... Sounds like a scam..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Today [15]
Continued from - Today I got called in to work last night ... and will have to do tonight .. then my week starts the following night ... no rest :rolleyes:
Chillout Room
Today [14.2¾]
Today I finally managed to confirm my internship for the end of this year! I'll be spending half a year in Brussels speaking French and doing fancy stuff as a Junior Management Consultant in one of the biggest companies out there! Really stoked about it, especially since I'll be working closely...
Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today?
YouTube - Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy It was amazing the number of people who walked by without getting a hug. "We all need hugs!"
Chillout Room
Who did you hug today?
list those who you hugged today Poppa Anna Tracy Hope Mimi Mary Kate Tommy
Chillout Room
Today [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/27696-today.html Today, I'm fixing to take a nap. :sleepy:
Chillout Room
Today
Today i worked out at my local ***nasium and later i made a new Sig for myself :)... what did you do today, please share ? Edit - Why is G Y M stared out ?
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App