Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Today [4]

09 Aug 2010   #791
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Barman58 View Post
No Ted - No difference whatsoever




Hello Nigel, I thought as much!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #792
Thorsen

Win7 Home Premium 64x
 
 

Thanks Robert. That is what we will be going for a used ~50k milage car(SUV I think) for ~$10k

Hopefully
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #793
johnwillyums

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Hi Thorsen. I suffer with panic attacks and they are absolutely crippling.
I've tried quite a few medications and have found that any kind of benzodiazepine will work but they are highly addictive.
Consequently you end up needing an increasing dose and you're on the road to nowhere.
I've found that a drug called citalopram at low dosage works for me. It is an SSRI antidepressant but is commomly prescribed as an anxiolytic in this country.
Here's a Wiki link that tells you what it's called in other parts of the world:

Citalopram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As I say, it works for me and I get no side effects. All the best, John
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

09 Aug 2010   #794
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

AT&T u-verse was down here for awhile so I am just tuning in to what happened to Thorsen and wife.
Thank God you are both all right. Cars can be replaced but human lives can't.
Try to stay away from all caffeine type products to help reduce anxiety attacks.
Even Vitamin B-1(Thiamine) OTC-Over The Counter, works to take the edge of as it is often recommended for smoker's who are trying to break the nasty habit.
All the best to you and your wife.
Dennis
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #795
Dom

Windows Seven Ultimate
 
 

Today (well, this evening) I have just found out how it is so much harder helping someone on the phone (in this instance, Windows Live Call) than in Sevenforums. Here, you don't stutter, you don't pause for thought in mid-conversation and you can be who you want to be. My cousin was having trouble with her webcam, and I was trying to explain drivers and compatibility etc. Right now she is installing the latest messenger, hoping to get her webcam to work on messenger/live calls.

Now the rest of my family know what a little nerd I really am Compared to lots of you guys, it was a no-brainer!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #796
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Dom View Post
Today (well, this evening) I have just found out how it is so much harder helping someone on the phone (in this instance, Windows Live Call) than in Sevenforums. Here, you don't stutter, you don't pause for thought in mid-conversation and you can be who you want to be. My cousin was having trouble with her webcam, and I was trying to explain drivers and compatibility etc. Right now she is installing the latest messenger, hoping to get her webcam to work on messenger/live calls.

Now the rest of my family know what a little nerd I really am Compared to lots of you guys, it was a no-brainer!!


Hello Dom.



I wouldn't call you a nerd, I'd call you the smart one in the family.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #797
Thorsen

Win7 Home Premium 64x
 
 

Thanks Johnny,

This is the stuff the hospital gave me: Buspirone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's nasty/dirty feeling medicine. Thanks for the info on Citalopram.

I agree that panic attacks are crippling. I am sorry to hear that you have them. They are horrible.
The doctor in the ER played down my circumstances and told me that "No one has ever died from a Panic Attack"

^^^That didn't help much but all is good. I already knew that and didn't like being treated like a 12 year old. But all is good: I will be seeing a different doctor to get the treatment I need.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #798
noobvious

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 (desktop)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Thorsen View Post
Ok I figured I would post this since I have been not around since last Thursday.

Last week, on Thursday, I had some anxiety issues and went home for lunch to try and relax. While there, my wife and I decided I should go to the hospital. On the way to the hospital, a car backed up into our front end. And then he jetted. (Hit and Run!!!) We got his license plate before he took off. My car was making noises so we pulled off the road and we called for an ambulance, and both of us went to the hospital. Me for panic atacks, my wife for back and knee pain. wow right?

So.... my car was able to make it home after the hospital, but insurance company towed it to assess damage. I just got a rental car today and found out that my almost completely paid off car is totalled. We will get some money back but it is an old car so probably not much. It would have been nice having no car payments, but it looks like God wants us to have a new car and new car payments (even though we really dont want a car payment). (Thank you btw)

Silver lining... no serious injuries or life threatening stuff, and a new(ish) car.... otherwise, still suffering from anxiety, Medication is making me sick... don't like mood enhancers (which is what they gave me?)... have no mulla for new car... have to look for a new car and hope its not a lemon... <<< lots of un-needed stress there too...

All and all a crazy weekend. good to be back at work although a little stressful, I am managing.


(to link back to LW7, I might take up pole dancing too if these car payments are too high)
Glad you and the wife weren't hurt badly, too bad about the car. I had a friend years ago that had anxiety problems....freaky for me the one day I was there, because I didn't know what was happening at first......luckily I was able to calm her down somewhat. Best of luck with finding something that works better with it!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #799
Thorsen

Win7 Home Premium 64x
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
AT&T u-verse was down here for awhile so I am just tuning in to what happened to Thorsen and wife.
Thank God you are both all right. Cars can be replaced but human lives can't.
Try to stay away from all caffeine type products to help reduce anxiety attacks.
Even Vitamin B-1(Thiamine) OTC-Over The Counter, works to take the edge of as it is often recommended for smoker's who are trying to break the nasty habit.
All the best to you and your wife.
Dennis

Thanks Dennis. We are moving forward through this. We are going to look for a new car this afternoon and luckily we have a rental that is paid for through insurance. I can give props to Progressive. They stepped up.

The guy who hit us didn't have insurance since April. Our insurance went ahead and covered everything so we didn't suffer more.

thanks for the advice on caffeine and the vitamins. I knew this about B1/12/16etc they are good for nervousness associated with quiting smoking. I hadn't thought of that though for my current situation. I will try this....I quite smoking two years ago. Man was smoking stupid. I just really look back and laugh. I have no clue what I was thinking.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Aug 2010   #800
Bare Foot Kid
Microsoft MVP

W 7 64-bit Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Thorsen View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by The Howling Wolves View Post
AT&T u-verse was down here for awhile so I am just tuning in to what happened to Thorsen and wife.
Thank God you are both all right. Cars can be replaced but human lives can't.
Try to stay away from all caffeine type products to help reduce anxiety attacks.
Even Vitamin B-1(Thiamine) OTC-Over The Counter, works to take the edge of as it is often recommended for smoker's who are trying to break the nasty habit.
All the best to you and your wife.
Dennis

Thanks Dennis. We are moving forward through this. We are going to look for a new car this afternoon and luckily we have a rental that is paid for through insurance. I can give props to Progressive. They stepped up.

The guy who hit us didn't have insurance since April. Our insurance went ahead and covered everything so we didn't suffer more.

thanks for the advice on caffeine and the vitamins. I knew this about B1/12/16etc they are good for nervousness associated with quiting smoking. I hadn't thought of that though for my current situation. I will try this....I quite smoking two years ago. Man was smoking stupid. I just really look back and laugh. I have no clue what I was thinking.


I hope all the best for you and your family.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Today [15]
Continued from - Today I got called in to work last night ... and will have to do tonight .. then my week starts the following night ... no rest :rolleyes:
Chillout Room
Today [14.2¾]
Today I finally managed to confirm my internship for the end of this year! I'll be spending half a year in Brussels speaking French and doing fancy stuff as a Junior Management Consultant in one of the biggest companies out there! Really stoked about it, especially since I'll be working closely...
Chillout Room
Need a Hug Today?
YouTube - Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy It was amazing the number of people who walked by without getting a hug. "We all need hugs!"
Chillout Room
Who did you hug today?
list those who you hugged today Poppa Anna Tracy Hope Mimi Mary Kate Tommy
Chillout Room
Today [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-room/27696-today.html Today, I'm fixing to take a nap. :sleepy:
Chillout Room
Today
Today i worked out at my local ***nasium and later i made a new Sig for myself :)... what did you do today, please share ? Edit - Why is G Y M stared out ?
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App