Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: A question to the parents of Seven Forums :)

14 Jul 2010   #11
AssaultRifle

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AssaultRifle View Post
I'm 16 so I can't drive. Living in Sweden, cost is high. For instance, if I wanna get a Big Mac Meal at McDonalds, its 8 USD. Then I always need to save for a new PC because I usually buy 1 PC a year. Then I need to buy clothes, etc. So not much money is left xD.
Well, to be honest when I was a teenager there was no way that I would have been getting 1 new PC a year. Heck, it would have been like a new gaming console every 2 years at best. Even as an adult in my mid 30's, I don't do a PC a year for myself.

When i was a kid, most of my spending money came from mowing lawns and shoveling snow in the winters. Or working an actual job and earning a paycheck.

All of my meals would have come from my family. My spending money was for movies, music, games, toy's, hobbies, etc.
The reason I buy 1 PC a year is because I usually sell my old PC at the end of the year for around 75% of what I bought it so I can buy something with better specs

And take a look at my current specs. I haven't upgraded in a while, and my current computer is HORRIBLE!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2010   #12
pparks1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AssaultRifle View Post
And take a look at my current specs. I haven't upgraded in a while, and my current computer is HORRIBLE!
Your specs are for a laptop and that's not really that Horrible. it's better than any laptop that I personally own.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AssaultRifle View Post
The reason I buy 1 PC a year is because I usually sell my old PC at the end of the year for around 75% of what I bought it so I can buy something with better specs
That's cool that you get so much back for it. I don't usually try to keep up....instead I just buy a new PC every 2-3 years usually and keep my old one for testing, a spare, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2010   #13
CarlTR6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AssaultRifle View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AssaultRifle View Post
I'm 16 so I can't drive. Living in Sweden, cost is high. For instance, if I wanna get a Big Mac Meal at McDonalds, its 8 USD. Then I always need to save for a new PC because I usually buy 1 PC a year. Then I need to buy clothes, etc. So not much money is left xD.
Well, to be honest when I was a teenager there was no way that I would have been getting 1 new PC a year. Heck, it would have been like a new gaming console every 2 years at best. Even as an adult in my mid 30's, I don't do a PC a year for myself.

When i was a kid, most of my spending money came from mowing lawns and shoveling snow in the winters. Or working an actual job and earning a paycheck.

All of my meals would have come from my family. My spending money was for movies, music, games, toy's, hobbies, etc.
The reason I buy 1 PC a year is because I usually sell my old PC at the end of the year for around 75% of what I bought it so I can buy something with better specs

And take a look at my current specs. I haven't upgraded in a while, and my current computer is HORRIBLE!
Your specs are far better than mine!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Jul 2010   #14
Kari

 

I have two sons, older 29 on September, younger got 28 last April. I also have a two year old granddaughter and a five year old stepgranddaughter.

I was thinking I am not paying any allowance to my sons, but according to the messages and phone calls, it is still expected

Being fellow Scandinavian, I know how expensive it can be there. However, not many teenagers get as much as you do. Not many parents can afford that. You are sixteen, why don't you try to find a part-time job? A few hours after the school, a couple times a week?

You are a very fortunate young man. Don't forget it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

Thread Tools


Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
I was just thinking about my parents
My dad was born in 1913 so he would have been 101 last month. My mom was born in 1914 and she would be 100 next month. Just wondering what they would be thinking about what is going on these days since they died quite a while ago. Anyone care to share?
Chillout Room
Seven Forums, Eight Forums, Registration question
Do I have to register a new account on Eight Forums or will my Seven Forums account work there too?
Chillout Room
Mark Forums Read Question
On the Windows 7 forums index, there is a button towards the bottom that says "Mark Forums Read." What does that mean?
Chillout Room
Why do my parents like Norton so much?
I used to use it, now I've switched to other AV software. I felt it was slowing my computer down a lot. My parents used to use it too, and I convinced them to try another antivirus, and they also agreed that it affected their pc's performance. What do you think is so great about it; it seems to be...
Chillout Room
Question about the forums...
This is a great forum... very well put together and the people here are very knowledgeable and helpful... I have looked around on the site for an answer to this but didn't notice any mention of it... I am just curious as to how the site is funded as there appears to be no advertising on it...
Chillout Room
Parents are so cute!
Hi everyone. Anybody else here have a mom and dad that are, well, shall we say, just "not into" computers as much as the rest of us, so that when an ad for Windows 7 is shown on TV, they will literally ask, "So what IS Windows 7 anyways?" :D Hehehe. I love my parents dearly. But I think...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App