Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Doesn't Seem to work

17 Jan 2011   #1
Vaughn Whynot

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 
Doesn't Seem to work

i have looked over the forums
and followed every direction to a tee....
but for some reason the themes i download and stuff don't work.
my windows look either goes to classic or the text is a different color..
you probably get this alot and what not from noobs
but a nice direction towards some related fixes or some would be great
thanks for your time
Vaughn


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
17 Jan 2011   #2
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vaughn Whynot View Post
i have looked over the forums
and followed every direction to a tee....
but for some reason the themes i download and stuff don't work.
my windows look either goes to classic or the text is a different color..
you probably get this alot and what not from noobs
but a nice direction towards some related fixes or some would be great
thanks for your time
Vaughn
Hi Vaughn
Did you do 1 of these 2 ways of Enabling custom themes?

Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7

Or

Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes

I am going offline for the next 11 or 12 hours will check in the AM if you do not get it someone will help
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2011   #3
Vaughn Whynot

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vaughn Whynot View Post
i have looked over the forums
and followed every direction to a tee....
but for some reason the themes i download and stuff don't work.
my windows look either goes to classic or the text is a different color..
you probably get this alot and what not from noobs
but a nice direction towards some related fixes or some would be great
thanks for your time
Vaughn
Hi Vaughn
Did you do 1 of these 2 ways of Enabling custom themes?

Enabling Custom Themes - Windows 7

Or

Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes

I am going offline for the next 11 or 12 hours will check in the AM if you do not get it someone will help
Jerry
i tried both
i had more success with Theme - How to Apply Custom Themes
when i used UxStyle and a transparent theme all my font was see-through
and with the little patch program one everything works but sometimes the font is wonky
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

18 Jan 2011   #4
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

Will you post a screenshot of it & give me a link to the theme to look at
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2011   #5
Vaughn Whynot

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
 
 

this might sound stupid....
but i was extracting the fonts into the wrong folder...
i am sorry for wasting your time bongo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Jan 2011   #6
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Vaughn Whynot View Post
this might sound stupid....
but i was extracting the fonts into the wrong folder...
i am sorry for wasting your time bongo
That OK glad you got it.
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Doesn't Seem to work




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?
Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do. In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this. Please HELP!!
Hardware & Devices
My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.
Hello. I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer. So here's my problem: I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed. When I try to open bluetooth,...
Software
HELP: power option doesn't work - screen saver doesn't start!
I have an ASUS notebook running windows 7 64-bit. I am using the QuietOffice power profile, however the screensaver won't kick in no matter what I do, and the display does not turn off even though I set it to be after 5-minutes of inactivity. I don't know if there is something running in the...
General Discussion
LIBusb, USB ports doesn't work. Safe mode also no work
After I install LIBusb I could work futher. But after I put him off en reboot an hour later my wired mouse en keyboard didn't work anymore. When I restart in safe mode both still doesnt work. OS: W7 Home Premium 64b Computer: HP Pavilion p6250 Please Help!!
Drivers
WME doesn't seem to want to work
I keep receiving an error messare when I try to run the Windows Experience Index utility, saying there was an error reported in either the O.S or some other item. Every thing else runs just fine. Anyone else having seeing this.
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App