Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Custom Made Sig and Avatar [6]

25 Sep 2011   #1921
Athene

 

Lol, no problem, Dennis :-D Choosing the font is always difficult for me, so I thought that I had chosen a really unpleasant font this time ;-))
Gary: I can't recall whether you use Photoshop Elements 9, but after typing the text, one has to apply a bevel effect, then set the layer mode of the text layer to "Overlay" and then add an Inner Glow - and you've got a nice transparent text effect.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
25 Sep 2011   #1922
Britton30
Microsoft MVP

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Athene View Post
Lol, no problem, Dennis :-D Choosing the font is always difficult for me, so I thought that I had chosen a really unpleasant font this time ;-))
Gary: I can't recall whether you use Photoshop Elements 9, but after typing the text, one has to apply a bevel effect, then set the layer mode of the text layer to "Overlay" and then add an Inner Glow - and you've got a nice transparent text effect.
Thanks Athene, I use paint.NET, Corel X5, and Photoshop CS5. Confuses me at times but you set me on the right track. I did it once, then forgot how, happens often.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2011   #1923
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Athene View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Great stuff everyone! Anyone want to make me one for Eight Forums? I only have a couple there. If so, just have at it, no criteria, doesn't have to have the puppy, just whatever strikes you (ouch!). A Guy
Hi Bill,
Tried to create a sig for you, and it resulted in two variations: a black-blue neon one, and a more sober dark-blue one :-) Experimented using text (in this case your username) as a pattern.
Athene, those are great, but the badges are Seven Forums badges If you can remove them, or put the corresponding Eight Forum badges would be great. Thanks so much

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Sep 2011   #1924
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

A Guy,
You are not leaving us are you? hehehe You will sit and wait for Windows 8 so don't be late.

I know...........STOP and take your meds Dennis!

Have a great work week and be careful driving.
Dennis
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2011   #1925
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

No, I won't be jumping on the Eight bandwagon. But it doesn't stop me from posting there (what does, lol). Been posting there every day for over a year, even when it was just me and the mice. Now it is crowded, lol. A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2011   #1926
The Howling Wolves

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
No, I won't be jumping on the Eight bandwagon. But it doesn't stop me from posting there (what does, lol). Been posting there every day for over a year, even when it was just me and the mice. Now it is crowded, lol. A Guy
No Problem Bill!
I even post on Vista and XP plus Windows 8....I know.....get a life!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2011   #1927
Athene

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Athene View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by A Guy View Post
Great stuff everyone! Anyone want to make me one for Eight Forums? I only have a couple there. If so, just have at it, no criteria, doesn't have to have the puppy, just whatever strikes you (ouch!). A Guy
Hi Bill,
Tried to create a sig for you, and it resulted in two variations: a black-blue neon one, and a more sober dark-blue one :-) Experimented using text (in this case your username) as a pattern.
Athene, those are great, but the badges are Seven Forums badges If you can remove them, or put the corresponding Eight Forum badges would be great. Thanks so much

A Guy
Sorry about that, Bill :-D Sigs corrected.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2011   #1928
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Athene, do you think you could make a some sigs too? The same one but with the different EF, SF and VF logos on it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2011   #1929
Athene

 

Hi Jaidyn, do you mean a completely new sig? Because I already made Vista and Eight Forum versions of this one :-)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2011   #1930
JaidynM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64/Windows 8 Consumer Preview x64/Ubuntu 11.04
 
 

Yup, if you can, a completely new sig would be awesome. Just to add to my collection for rotation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Custom Made Sig and Avatar [6]




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [16]
Updated the BB sig to recognise the recent influx of badges. :D
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [15]
continued from https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/303376-custom-made-sig-avatar-14-a.html Trying some texture today :)
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [12]
:note: Continued from https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/265939-custom-made-sig-avatar-11-a.html :):)
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [9]
Continued from - Custom Made Sig and Avatar
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [7]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/159965-custom-made-sig-avatar-6-a.html
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [2]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/16975-custom-made-sig-avatar.html You Want Custom made sig or an avatar? Then me or another one of our artists here at sevenforums will make one on your request's you tell us how it should look like, and We will try to make it :) ...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App