Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: imageres.dll / change folder

30 Apr 2011   #11
xxxdannyxxx

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stereo View Post
I opened imageres.dll with ResHacker, and now ? I have there:IMAGE / MUI / PNG / WAVE / BITMAP/ ICON / ICON GROUP / VERSION INFO
Its the icon group numbers you need.You need to copy it to the desktop first then change the icons then replace the file. BACK UP THE FILES FIRST

Danny


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
30 Apr 2011   #12
stereo

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stereo View Post
I opened imageres.dll with ResHacker, and now ? I have there:IMAGE / MUI / PNG / WAVE / BITMAP/ ICON / ICON GROUP / VERSION INFO
Its the icon group numbers you need.You need to copy it to the desktop first then change the icons then replace the file. BACK UP THE FILES FIRST

Danny
I have a backup already, thanks.
Are you sure that 3/4/5/6 is the right location / locations ??
After i replaced 3, i couldn't replace 4/5/6
"Out of system resources"


Attached Images
imageres.dll / change folder-out-system-resources.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #13
xxxdannyxxx

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stereo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stereo View Post
I opened imageres.dll with ResHacker, and now ? I have there:IMAGE / MUI / PNG / WAVE / BITMAP/ ICON / ICON GROUP / VERSION INFO
Its the icon group numbers you need.You need to copy it to the desktop first then change the icons then replace the file. BACK UP THE FILES FIRST

Danny
I have a backup already, thanks.
Are you sure that 3/4/5/6 is the right location / locations ??
Those locations include the front, side, closed and open view for all folders.Do you have the 4 icon pictures for each of these like mine below.I think also you need to change 162 for the folder inside a folder view


Attached Images
imageres.dll / change folder-capture.png 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Apr 2011   #14
xxxdannyxxx

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Did you run resource hacker as admin.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #15
stereo

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post
Did you run resource hacker as admin.
No, i'll try it now.
LE : Same story. I receive this message, again.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #16
xxxdannyxxx

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

If i remember correctly this was just a glitch with the program just ignore the error message.Ive just tested with mine and i get the same message sometimes but the icons still get changed.Just press ok and carry on

Danny
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #17
stereo

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post
If i remember correctly this was just a glitch with the program just ignore the error message.Ive just tested with mine and i get the same message sometimes but the icons still get changed.Just press ok and carry on

Danny
Ok, i made it. But a lot of subfolders looks very strange. I cleared the cache, too.
Have a look here, please. They should be all blue. The others are funny


Attached Thumbnails
imageres.dll / change folder-folders.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #18
xxxdannyxxx

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Have a look through this thread its got some good explanations and screenshots to follow How to change LIVE FOLDER ICON ?

Danny
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #19
xxxdannyxxx

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stereo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post
If i remember correctly this was just a glitch with the program just ignore the error message.Ive just tested with mine and i get the same message sometimes but the icons still get changed.Just press ok and carry on

Danny
Ok, i made it. But a lot of subfolders looks very strange. I cleared the cache, too.
Have a look here, please. They should be all blue. The others are funny
Have you replaced all 4 images in both imageres.dll and shell32.dll Can you post a screenshot of those icons in your new imageres folder

Danny
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2011   #20
stereo

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stereo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by xxxdannyxxx View Post
If i remember correctly this was just a glitch with the program just ignore the error message.Ive just tested with mine and i get the same message sometimes but the icons still get changed.Just press ok and carry on

Danny
Ok, i made it. But a lot of subfolders looks very strange. I cleared the cache, too.
Have a look here, please. They should be all blue. The others are funny
Have you replaced all 4 images in both imageres.dll and shell32.dll Can you post a screenshot of those icons in your new imageres folder

Danny
I replaced them only in imageres.dll
Anyway, i wanna keep searching for my fav. icons ( Linux - kde ) and i'll try again.
I still hope i can find some like those.


Attached Images
imageres.dll / change folder-linux-folder.jpg 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 imageres.dll / change folder




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Modifying imageres.dll in System32 to change icons, not working.
I don't know if this belongs in customization, but since it's modifying something visually I thought I would put it here. Anyways, back to the problem. I modified imageres.dll in System32 and SysWOW64 to change some of the default icons, but every time I restart to see if it takes effect, both...
Customization
Bulk Change All Folder Icons in Single Folder or Folder Type
First, please forgive me if I have overlooked this issue in the many searches I have performed thus far. I would like to know if anyone has a way to change all folder icons within a single folder to one specific icon without performing each one individually. I have over 1,400 folders within a...
Customization
Can't replace imageres.dll in system32 folder
I'm trying to change my startup sound on windows 7 ultimate 64bit and followed these steps on this vid (which i successfully done in the past) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj2LSX0srdc and after gong into safe mode and taking ownership of imageres.dll file (and even tried taking ownership of the...
Sound & Audio
imageres.dll/shell32.dll Modification For Global Icon Change
Hi, I have read many threads on this forum as well as many other forums to attempt a modification of the imageres.dll or the shell32.dll file for custom folder icons. There are many different supposed solutions but all the posts I've seen so far are mainly ineffective in...
Customization
Replacing default folder icon in imageres.dll
Hi, Any how I was wondering if you would know how to delete the default folder in imageres.dll and import the wanted default folder in to imageres.dll? Or if I could just use Vista x64 imageres.dll on my laptop running windows 7 Ultimate x64? I am wanting to do this as I am waiting on an SSD...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App