Can Somebody Make These Into A Gadget Clock?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 625
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
       #21

    any chance of adding every single one of these into 1 gadget? i like paulies borders as well as grims.

    @pauliewog +rep to u on the OP
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 805
    XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
       #22

    pauliewog, if the following makes sense, copy it and save it. :)

    Code:
    Howto add an extra clock
    ************************
    In this howto I shall add a clock called 'HomePremium2' to the pack.
    To begin with rename 'SevenEditionsClock.Gadget' to 'SevenEditionsClock.Gadget.zip'
    and extract all the files to a new folder.
     
    IMAGE EDITS:
    **************************
    **************************
    Folder: "\Images\"
    **************************
    **************************
     
    Copy all the images relating to one of the existing clocks, 
    for example copy all the files that start with 'HomePremium' and rename 
    them so they begin with 'HomePremium2', there should be six files in total
    for each clock.
    Now edit these image files to your liking proceed onto the code edits below.
     
     
    CODE EDITS:
    **************************
    **************************
    Open: "\en-US\js\clock.js"
    **************************
    **************************
     
    On the very first line, You will find the array for the clock names simular to:
      var clockThemes = new Array("HomePremium", "Professional", "Ultimate");
     
    add [, "HomePremium2"] without the [] to the end before the close-bracket like so:
      var clockThemes = new Array("HomePremium", "Professional", "Ultimate", "HomePremium2");
     
    **************************
     
    Now open find and search for "switch (curTheme)", you should see something like this below it:
     {
      case "HomePremium":
       clockFont = "Constantia, " + clockFont;
       clockFontColor = "#2F2E2E";
       topPX += -3;
       leftPX += -1;
       maxClockNameWidth = 66;
       clockPartsWidth = 13;
       clockPartsHeight = 129;
       clockPartsTop = -1;
       clockPartsLeft = 57;
       break;
      case "Professional":
       clockFont = "Arial Narrow, " + clockFont;
       clockFontColor = "#666666";
       topPX += 3;
       leftPX += 1;
       maxClockNameWidth = 72;
       clockPartsWidth = 13;
       clockPartsHeight = 129;
       clockPartsTop = 0;
       clockPartsLeft = 58;
       break;
      case "Ultimate":
       clockFont = "Arial Narrow, " + clockFont;
       clockFontColor = "#f6f4e2";
       topPX += 6;
       maxClockNameWidth = 70;
       clockPartsWidth = 13;
       clockPartsHeight = 129;
       clockPartsTop = -1;
       clockPartsLeft = 57;
       break;
     }
     
    We need to copy a 'block' now and add it to the bottom below the 'Ultimate' block,
    Note each block starts with 'case' and ends with the 'break;' text.
    so adding a new block would look like this:
     
      case "HomePremium":
       clockFont = "Constantia, " + clockFont;
       clockFontColor = "#2F2E2E";
       topPX += -3;
       leftPX += -1;
       maxClockNameWidth = 66;
       clockPartsWidth = 13;
       clockPartsHeight = 129;
       clockPartsTop = -1;
       clockPartsLeft = 57;
       break;
      case "Professional":
       clockFont = "Arial Narrow, " + clockFont;
       clockFontColor = "#666666";
       topPX += 3;
       leftPX += 1;
       maxClockNameWidth = 72;
       clockPartsWidth = 13;
       clockPartsHeight = 129;
       clockPartsTop = 0;
       clockPartsLeft = 58;
       break;
      case "Ultimate":
       clockFont = "Arial Narrow, " + clockFont;
       clockFontColor = "#f6f4e2";
       topPX += 6;
       maxClockNameWidth = 70;
       clockPartsWidth = 13;
       clockPartsHeight = 129;
       clockPartsTop = -1;
       clockPartsLeft = 57;
       break;
      case "HomePremium2":
       clockFont = "Constantia, " + clockFont;
       clockFontColor = "#2F2E2E";
       topPX += -3;
       leftPX += -1;
       maxClockNameWidth = 66;
       clockPartsWidth = 13;
       clockPartsHeight = 129;
       clockPartsTop = -1;
       clockPartsLeft = 57;
       break;
     
    **************************
    **************************
    Open: "\en-US\js\settings.js"
    **************************
    **************************
     
    Open find and search for [var imagePath = "images/";] minnus the [], you should see something like this on the line below it:
      var imageArray = new Array("HomePremium_settings.png", "Professional_settings.png", "Ultimate_settings.png");
     
    add [, "HomePremium2_settings.png"] without the [] to the end before the close-bracket like so:
      var imageArray = new Array("HomePremium_settings.png", "Professional_settings.png", "Ultimate_settings.png", "HomePremium2_settings.png");
     
    **************************
    **************************
    END OF CODE EDITS
    **************************
    **************************
     
    Now zip up everything inside the new folder you created earlier and 
    then rename it replacing '.zip' with '.gadget'
     
    Be sure not to include the new folder itself, just everything inside it.
     
    Hope this makes sense, Generator.  :p
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 411
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #23

    matt0978 said:
    any chance of adding every single one of these into 1 gadget? i like paulies borders as well as grims.

    @pauliewog +rep to u on the OP
    Thanks Matt!

    I hope Gen or Grim puts them into one gadget and then maybe we could make a 2.0 version of this gadget!
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 625
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
       #24

    pauliewog said:
    Thanks Matt!

    I hope Gen or Grim puts them into one gadget and then maybe we could make a 2.0 version of this gadget!

    no worries mate, am sure one of them will (i know generator's watching this thread as i'm posting ) they seem to do a few things together icons being one of them. too clever for their own good they are

    (L) their work!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,343
    Windows 7 RTM 64bit, Windows 8 Pro 64bit
       #25

    Excellent work guys!!!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 805
    XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
       #26

    matt0978 said:
    no worries mate, am sure one of them will (i know generator's watching this thread as i'm posting ) they seem to do a few things together icons being one of them. too clever for their own good they are

    (L) their work!
    LOL!!!


    Here's the next four:
    Can Somebody Make These Into A Gadget Clock?-next4.jpg
    (added to the other ones)

    Download:
    SevenEditionsClockGadget.zip
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 411
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #27

    Generator said:
    LOL!!!


    Here's the next four:
    Can Somebody Make These Into A Gadget Clock?-next4.jpg
    (added to the other ones)

    Download:
    SevenEditionsClockGadget.zip
    Hey thanks man I managed to do it but the hands didn't work on the new ones and I still couldn't get it into a .Gadget install file! lol
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 805
    XP Pro SP3 x86/Vista SP2 x64/Win7 x64 Triple-boot
       #28

    pauliewog said:
    Hey thanks man I managed to do it but the hands didn't work on the new ones and I still couldn't get it into a .Gadget install file! lol
    No worries mate. :)

    I'll redo the howto at some point so it's easier to follow, maybe in html or something. It's all a bit clumped together with doing it in Notepad but it was just a quick effort whilst I was adding to it.

    EDIT: I've started the coding for the other coloured one's btw.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 4,282
    Windows 7 Ultimate Vista Ultimate x64
       #29

    For anyone who wants to do there own, here is the glass overlay for the clocks, generator is there a way you can make this image layer itself on top of the clocks so the hands are under it like with this Gadget.

    Can Somebody Make These Into A Gadget Clock?-clock-glass.png

    sfClock.Gadget.zip
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 411
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #30

    Mr GRiM said:
    For anyone who wants to do there own, here is the glass overlay for the clocks, generator is there a way you can make this image layer itself on top of the clocks so the hands are under it like with this Gadget.

    Can Somebody Make These Into A Gadget Clock?-clock-glass.png

    sfClock.Gadget.zip
    Just go over them again with the glass effect it worked for me!
      My Computer


 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:38.
Find Us