|26 Aug 2009||#11|
soo, i have a question to change my windows ... i want to add some information in windows edition tag ( to put my email, ... ) and change windows picture...
anyone can help me? in system tag i know change but in window editon tag, i dont know...
can anderstand me now?
I found this:
Here's what you need:
1) ResHacker (Google it)
2) Courage to tinker with your system files
Here's what you do:
1) After downloading ResHacker, open and run the program.
2) Once open, select FILE, then OPEN
3) Navigate to C:\Windows\Branding\Basebrd\en-US
4) At this point you should be inside the "en-US" folder
5) Look for the "basebrd.dll.mui" file (if it does not appear, change the Type of Files option to "All files (*.*)"
6) Double-click or open the "basebrd.dll.mui" file"
7) Click the + symbol to expand the "String Table" folder
8) Click the + symbol to expand the "1" folder
9) Click on "1033" (the code will then appear on the right side of the window"
10) Simply edit the text as you desire, but don't get rid of the quotation marks. (I would only edit lines 11, 13, and 14... Editing lines 10, 12, 15, etc, doesn't do anything"
11) You'll notice that once you make a change or edit the text, the "Compile Script" box at the top makes itself "clickable." Therefore, once you completed typing in/editing the information, click on COMPILE SCRIPT once.
12) Finally, select FILE, then SAVE AS...
13) Navigate back to the same location of the original "basebrd.dll.mui" file and save over your original file (Using the same file name, extension, etc) (You might need to select to change the Type of Files to "All Files (*.*) as mentioned earlier.
****NOTE: If you are paranoid about screwing something up, then make a backup copy of the "basebrd.dll.mui" file and save it to your desktop. You can put it back later if this hack does not have the effect you desire.
Thats it! Hope this was easy to follow.
|My System Specs|
|28 Aug 2009||#19|
So if it's not working for you, you do something wrong ore your system may be already messed up somehow.
Now, after I used some Tweaking Programs myself, I can't get it to work either! The mui file is there but it shows the normal Info from MS! So I guess, these Programs somehow change things on a other way and Win7 is ignoring the mui file!?
(I can live with it... therefore I have other Pictures that bin showing now... )
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads|
USB KVM Information
I have a home PC and a work laptop, the latter I take home to work from home. I would like to be able to use my home screen, keyboard and mouse with the laptop, and I know that a KVM should allow me to do this. However, I would like to make it simple, and deal with as few connections to the...
|Hardware & Devices|
I just bought a used laptop that has Ubuntu OS but I want to go back to use Windows 7 instead. It came with Windows 7 but the previous owner installed Ubuntu. I press F8 and nothing happens. Does that mean I have to buy Windows 7 and intall it myself? I have a Toshiba Satellite L455. Thanks for...
Quite often I get this yellow information bar across the top of a page and when clicked it says that a security setting needs attention. Then I also get the exclamation mark or error in lower left corner of page. Could someone please tell me what setting I need to change and where to find it...
|Browsers & Mail|
dear sir my name is vinesh pael i have laptop of toshiba brand model num.is A215-S7413 sir i want to downlord the driver of bluetooth so pl.help me how i can down lord this driver thanks vinesh
Need Some Information
Well I have been using Ubuntu for the past year because I had alot of bad experience with Windows Vista. I hurd from alot of people that Windows 7 was a great improvement of its past version Vista. So I decided that I will switch to Windows 7 but before I do that I was wondering if there is a...
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04.