Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Custom Made Sig and Avatar [2]

23 Apr 2010   #2001
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sergiogarcia9 View Post
Made a new sig...
Whatcha think?

I like that pal .... it's got that corporate touch... very neat and clean, nice 1


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
23 Apr 2010   #2002
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Hi Arc
Have taken the liberty of resizing for you. Would not reduce to exactly 600 x 200 so I cropped it and let the aspect ratio "Bend" a touch. I don't think the aspect ratio notices at all but your eyes are younger than mine!
Hold on, the files too big, I'll convert it to a Gif and see how that looks.
Nice said, Mitchell Thanks again !
Arc your sig has lost it's transparency since you've used the gif file. Although Mitchell's (nice job btw) file does have a transparent background it looks as if your "CP" has converted the gif and thus become non transparent. Looks cool if your using a light coloured forum theme but looks a bit pants when you view it with a dark theme. If I was you I'd stick with the png just because it's not exactly 600x200 doesn't really matter, but you have the psd file so I'm sure you could make it fit to the size you want
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #2003
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PooMan UK View Post

Arc your sig has lost it's transparency since you've used the gif file. Although Mitchell's (nice job btw) file does have a transparent background it looks as if your "CP" has converted the gif and thus become non transparent. Looks cool if your using a light coloured forum theme but looks a bit pants when you view it with a dark theme. If I was you I'd stick with the png just because it's not exactly 600x200 doesn't really matter, but you have the psd file so I'm sure you could make it fit to the size you want
That's what I am facing the trouble
I have two constraints ... 146 kb or 600*200 , whichever is larger. I cannot manage it within this size
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Apr 2010   #2004
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PooMan UK View Post

Arc your sig has lost it's transparency since you've used the gif file. Although Mitchell's (nice job btw) file does have a transparent background it looks as if your "CP" has converted the gif and thus become non transparent. Looks cool if your using a light coloured forum theme but looks a bit pants when you view it with a dark theme. If I was you I'd stick with the png just because it's not exactly 600x200 doesn't really matter, but you have the psd file so I'm sure you could make it fit to the size you want
That's what I am facing the trouble
I have two constraints ... 146 kb or 600*200 , whichever is larger. I cannot manage it within this size
Arc pal as long as you stay within these constraints you'll be fine. Just resize proportionately your width/height. ie. Currently the file I did is 1024x510. Now if you resampled that to the max that you are allowed you would get 402 x 200. This is without cropping or changing the page size. Now if you crop some of the height you can gain/increase some width and still stay within the constraints that your allowed. It won't be exactly 600x200 but it will get close. (see pic) If you want it exactly 600 x 200 then you will have to add some bricks or something to the left and right of the image, soz but when I drew it originally I wasn't working exactly to your size constraints my aim was more trying to show you how you could design/draw it yourself
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Apr 2010   #2005
ZaLiTH

Win 10 x64 Pro x64 / Ubuntu 15.10 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
I would like to Thank ZaLith for a new sig he made for me
Well, I noticed the other day you liked Back To The Future and I've been meaning to do something like that for a few days already.. Glad you like it.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
ZaLiTH, Sorry for late response. Thanks for the sigs, very nice. Have put up the 100 one, will save the 150 for the future
Thanks again.
No worries, I'm quite happy with how they came out.. The glassy reflection works a bit better on the 600x100px sig anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2010   #2006
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PooMan UK View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Arc View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PooMan UK View Post

Arc your sig has lost it's transparency since you've used the gif file. Although Mitchell's (nice job btw) file does have a transparent background it looks as if your "CP" has converted the gif and thus become non transparent. Looks cool if your using a light coloured forum theme but looks a bit pants when you view it with a dark theme. If I was you I'd stick with the png just because it's not exactly 600x200 doesn't really matter, but you have the psd file so I'm sure you could make it fit to the size you want
That's what I am facing the trouble
I have two constraints ... 146 kb or 600*200 , whichever is larger. I cannot manage it within this size
Arc pal as long as you stay within these constraints you'll be fine. Just resize proportionately your width/height. ie. Currently the file I did is 1024x510. Now if you resampled that to the max that you are allowed you would get 402 x 200. This is without cropping or changing the page size. Now if you crop some of the height you can gain/increase some width and still stay within the constraints that your allowed. It won't be exactly 600x200 but it will get close. (see pic) If you want it exactly 600 x 200 then you will have to add some bricks or something to the left and right of the image, soz but when I drew it originally I wasn't working exactly to your size constraints my aim was more trying to show you how you could design/draw it yourself
Arc
Sorry about this only just got back to this thread. Cannot understand why the Gif has lost its trans. It was OK as I changed my Forum theme to black to check it and it was fine with no white border. Am having another go but I am still on 100px and/or 146kb file size. Can you check your max file size please, surely it is more than my 146 kb. I will make this work eventually, my slogan is "We don't have problems, just solutions" so I will win in the end. There's life in th oldens yet
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2010   #2007
mitchell65

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Arc
Have come up with this PNG. It is the right size, is less than 146px and I have made a copy that is only 100px high, put that in as my signature, changed my Forum theme to black and it works!!!!!
Attached is the full size copy for you to try. Should be OK. Don't ask me what I did because it must rank as the most inelegant piece of image editing ever. It would be frowned upon by the purists. lets hope it holds the Trans background.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Apr 2010   #2008
PooMan UK

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Made some new textures if anyone wants them

psd with layers below
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #2009
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Arc
Have come up with this PNG. It is the right size, is less than 146px and I have made a copy that is only 100px high, put that in as my signature, changed my Forum theme to black and it works!!!!!
Attached is the full size copy for you to try. Should be OK. Don't ask me what I did because it must rank as the most inelegant piece of image editing ever. It would be frowned upon by the purists. lets hope it holds the Trans background.
You are welcome, trying this now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Apr 2010   #2010
Arc

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by PooMan UK View Post
Made some new textures if anyone wants them

psd with layers below
I want those
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 Custom Made Sig and Avatar [2]




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [16]
Updated the BB sig to recognise the recent influx of badges. :D
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [15]
continued from https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/303376-custom-made-sig-avatar-14-a.html Trying some texture today :)
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [14]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/292162-custom-made-sig-avatar-12-a.html oh dear, careful what you wish for it may come true... :p preview
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [12]
:note: Continued from https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/265939-custom-made-sig-avatar-11-a.html :):)
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [9]
Continued from - Custom Made Sig and Avatar
Customization
Custom Made Sig and Avatar [7]
Continued from - https://www.sevenforums.com/customization/159965-custom-made-sig-avatar-6-a.html
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App