Date/Time

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 80
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
       #1

    Date/Time


    Hi. I'm trying to get my taskbar to show my full date and time, in my taskbar. Who can give me instructions on what to do??

    I want my taskbar to display just "Sun, Oct 27, 2013".

    Not " 'Sunday' Sun, Oct 27, 2013"

    I think I got the settings correct, NO??

    I want it to say "the full date/time" when I hoover my mouse pointer over it. Not like now, I have full name of the week, and underneath is a line that I want there, but just by itself.

    Thank you folks

      My Computer


  2. Posts : 10,485
    W7 Pro SP1 64bit
       #2

    Try adding one more "y" to what you have for the short date format:

    ddd, MMM dd, yyyy

    I'm not sure that I understand the other part of your request.

    Date/Time-date.png

    I use T-Clock 2010 so that I can see the seconds on the clock and have a calendar handy.

      My Computer


  3. Posts : 80
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    UsernameIssues said:
    Try adding one more "y" to what you have for the short date format:

    ddd, MMM dd, yyyy
    That?? No change...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Date/Time-another-y.jpg  
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #4

    Put this in the Short Date Field: ddd,MMM,dd,yyyy
    It should then display Sun.Oct27,2013.
    Using 4 "d's" or "M's" will display the entire word.

    This will change the date format in all programs which display one, such as Word.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 80
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Britton30 said:
    Put this in the Short Date Field: ddd,MMM,dd,yyyy
    It should then display Sun.Oct27,2013.
    Using 4 "d's" or "M's" will display the entire word.
    No change..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Date/Time-no-change.jpg  
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #6

    Odd, it works for me:
    Date/Time-date.jpg

    Of course I have the task bar on the bottom, if I put it on the left it only shows the time.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 80
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Britton30 said:
    Odd, it works for me:
    Date/Time-date.jpg

    Of course I have the task bar on the bottom, if I put it on the left it only shows the time.
    2 Sundays?? Really!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Date/Time-2sundays..jpg  
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 24,479
    Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1
       #8

    Does my snip show 2 Sundays? It took me 30 minutes or soo to get it like I now have it. Just try different values in bot the long and short date fields.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 80
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Britton30 said:
    Does my snip show 2 Sundays? It took me 30 minutes or soo to get it like I now have it. Just try different values in bot the long and short date fields.
    You say "play around with values"??? Am I understanding you correct??
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 80
    Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
    Thread Starter
       #10

    ilyabyk83 said:
    Britton30 said:
    Does my snip show 2 Sundays? It took me 30 minutes or soo to get it like I now have it. Just try different values in bot the long and short date fields.
    You say "play around with values"??? Am I understanding you correct??
    It should display both exact same ways, as I have it now, no??

    Why doesn't it??
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:15.
Find Us