Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: images in aero.msstyles

02 Nov 2009   #21
maranello

Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MallRat View Post
Jusk wondering... is aero enabled ? maybe you should check that also.
yep, sure is...

send me your file if u can and i'll give it a shot, maybe it's something wrong with the way i edit the .png ...!?!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Nov 2009   #22
MallRat

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit RTM
 
 

aero.rar

hope this works...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #23
maranello

Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise
 
 

sorry, no luck...same ****ty problem, aero is getting disabled and i cant do anything to enable it, all themes are transformed in Win Classic one...

i'll settle with the b0000ring green progress bar until somedy will get a brainstorming ideea for me

thank again MallRat for your interest
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

03 Nov 2009   #24
Mark

Windows 7 Ultimate Vista Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maranello View Post
sorry, no luck...same ****ty problem, aero is getting disabled and i cant do anything to enable it, all themes are transformed in Win Classic one...

i'll settle with the b0000ring green progress bar until somedy will get a brainstorming ideea for me

thank again MallRat for your interest

Have you run the Universal theme patcher, that will allow you to run unsigned themes?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #25
MallRat

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maranello View Post
sorry, no luck...same ****ty problem, aero is getting disabled and i cant do anything to enable it, all themes are transformed in Win Classic one...

i'll settle with the b0000ring green progress bar until somedy will get a brainstorming ideea for me

thank again MallRat for your interest

Have you run the Universal theme patcher, that will allow you to run unsigned themes?

That shouldn't be nessecary IMHO

But do try it, it may just work for you...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #26
maranello

Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
Have you run the Universal theme patcher, that will allow you to run unsigned themes?

Hey, thanks alot man for this tip !!

It was the only thing i forgot to do, now works excellent...finally i got myself a red progress bar !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #27
MallRat

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit RTM
 
 

Glad to hear that.
Can't understand though why this is necessary on your end.
Never used Uxtheme or any app like that, and have been able to modify imageres.dll,shell32.dll,explorer.exe,aero.msstyles and some other files just with restorator and replacing them.

I wonder...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #28
Mark

Windows 7 Ultimate Vista Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maranello View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mr GRiM View Post
Have you run the Universal theme patcher, that will allow you to run unsigned themes?

Hey, thanks alot man for this tip !!

It was the only thing i forgot to do, now works excellent...finally i got myself a red progress bar !

Your Welcome, I think because it was modified it was classed as unsigned and you need the patch to run themes if they are unsigned, shame Microsoft don't give you all the tools natively to modify the msstyle and run unsigned themes, it would make life allot easier.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #29
maranello

Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise
 
 

yep, it would be much easier if they include a custom theme support, maybe in upcoming ServicePacks, if the end-users give feeback about this issue..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Nov 2009   #30
MallRat

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit RTM
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by maranello View Post
yep, it would be much easier if they include a custom theme support, maybe in upcoming ServicePacks, if the end-users give feeback about this issue..

Meh, I wouldn't count on it.

They'll have other more urgent issues to address.
And after all, it ain't that bad. Just a little workaround really.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 images in aero.msstyles




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can't log in after modding .msstyles
When I've finished making my theme and set it all up, everything seemed great until I restarted and couldn't log in. When I click the profile pic (I don't have a password set) the screen turns black for a moment and goes back, not going to the desktop. I can access the desktop if I boot up in...
Customization
[Help] aero.msstyles resource subtoolbar background!
Help, I want to edit the background color of the explorer subtoolbar. But I couldn't find it. (Restorator or Win7 Style Builder) The Basic, not the aero. http://oi62.tinypic.com/15gwepi.jpg Thanks.
Customization
Which msstyles images affect these areas?
I'd like to change the color of the all the gray areas and buttons shown here. Which images do I have to edit? Thanks, Ellen
Themes and Styles
Missing images in Aero.msstyles
Hello. I'm trying to modify the Aero theme using Resource Hacker, but there are some images missing, for example the window buttons. How do I edit the images that are missing? Thanks.
Customization
Help needed For aero.msstyles tweak
Hello, I am trying to change the HDD status bar (Blue & Red) in windows 7 ultimate, I am using Restorator 2007 to change the image #659 in the aero.msstyles from blue to another clour....but even using many different ways to change it. the end result is a window classic theme when i reboot the...
Customization
Path to Aero Theme jpg images
I'm using the México Aero theme in my Windows 7 install, and would like to use some of the .jpg wallpapers/images in that slideshow for other purposes. But I can't find the .jpgs. Can someone tell me the directory path to the .jpg wallpapers/images in that theme? Thx, Gus
Themes and Styles


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App