Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: How to turn white explorer window area transparent

20 Jul 2011   #11
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by liranxs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Try Glass2k Download Glass2k 0.9.2 - A small little program that allows Windows users to make any window transparent. - Softpedia it works with window 7 but you have to start it with each startup. I put it in the start up folder & hit run at start up
Bongo how did u make the white area of the window transparent?

really sorry for the bump but i didnt find an answer to this anywhere else..
Welcome to the Seven Forums
In that screenshot it was the program listed. If you use it you have to right click in the window that you want transparent and set the value.
Jerry


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Jul 2011   #12
liranxs

w7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Welcome to the Seven Forums
In that screenshot it was the program listed. If you use it you have to right click in the window that you want transparent and set the value.
Jerry
Thanks!
But thats not exactly what I meant. Perhaps i was a bit unclear, please let me rephrase my question in the attached image:
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/7051/unledffu.png
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jul 2011   #13
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by liranxs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Welcome to the Seven Forums
In that screenshot it was the program listed. If you use it you have to right click in the window that you want transparent and set the value.
Jerry
Thanks!
But thats not exactly what I meant. Perhaps i was a bit unclear, please let me rephrase my question in the attached image:
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/7051/unledffu.png
That is a custom dark theme I was using at the time.
It's here look for Dark7 Ultimate by Mr. Grim Themes For Windows 7
Does that help?
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Jul 2011   #14
liranxs

w7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by liranxs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Welcome to the Seven Forums
In that screenshot it was the program listed. If you use it you have to right click in the window that you want transparent and set the value.
Jerry
Thanks!
But thats not exactly what I meant. Perhaps i was a bit unclear, please let me rephrase my question in the attached image:
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/7051/unledffu.png
That is a custom dark theme I was using at the time.
It's here look for Dark7 Ultimate by Mr. Grim Themes For Windows 7
Does that help?
Jerry
Yes! thats it!!!
Thank you very much!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jul 2011   #15
Bongo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by liranxs View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by liranxs View Post

Thanks!
But thats not exactly what I meant. Perhaps i was a bit unclear, please let me rephrase my question in the attached image:
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/7051/unledffu.png
That is a custom dark theme I was using at the time.
It's here look for Dark7 Ultimate by Mr. Grim Themes For Windows 7
Does that help?
Jerry
Yes! thats it!!!
Thank you very much!
You're Welcome
Jerry
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 How to turn white explorer window area transparent




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
how to turn off the white blur behind window titles in Aero?
It seems to assume that you are only going to use a dark font for your window title, but it looks terrible behind a light-colored font. Is there any way to get rid of this entirely? Thanks, Ellen
Themes and Styles
Transparent Desktop shortcuts, turn black after logging off.
Hi, I having a problem where if i set any short-cut on my desktop to a transparent one (both made in Photoshop, and one downloaded from here ) it will work until I log off (or restart ofc). I have tried rebuilding the icon cache - again it worked until I logged off - and also tried rebuilding...
Customization
make window explorer transparent like gadget window.
hello i have a problem with my eyes and white things..:huh: for that i installed windowblinds 7.3 it's awesome but expired:cry: i just wanna make my explorer like gadget window(little bit transparent):) any other way to customize my explorer.........please help.
Themes and Styles
Default area selected for folders in explorer window??
:cool: So i have created some shortcuts to quicklaunch certain folders. Some of them open and i can use the arrow keys to scroll through the items in the folder. Some of them open with the "Name" column selected, so the arrow keys don't initially scroll through the items in the folder. ...
General Discussion
Window keeps going slightly transparent
Hi there, I have recently purchased a Dell XPS 15z. It is great, but there's one problem. when I am typing the window goes slightly transparent and the words that I am typing don't show up. It doesn't always happen but today it has been happening every few seconds, that makes typing this post very...
General Discussion
ISO: Transparent Window(s) Until Mover Over
I've performed more Google searches than I care to admit on this one, and I can almost always find answers I'm looking for via Google. So, as a last resort, I've actually signed up for a forum to ask a question that I haven't found an answer to yet. That question is: Is there a program that...
Software


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:56.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App