Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Get rid of arrow in desktop icons

02 Jan 2010   #1
caban

windows 7
 
 
Get rid of arrow in desktop icons

Does anyone knows how to get rid of arrow in desktop icons?
I did in Windosp XP, then in Vista and now???
Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Jan 2010   #2
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2010   #3
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

You could also use Shawn's tutorial https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-restore.html other one might cause issues with Pin to Start Menu and Pin to Taskbar the shortcut.

Hope this helps
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Jan 2010   #4
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
You could also use Shawn's tutorial https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-restore.html other one might cause issues with Pin to Start Menu and Pin to Taskbar the shortcut.

Hope this helps
Thanks Capt. I did a search but didn't see that one. good looking out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2010   #5
Capt.Jack Sparrow

Windows 7 Ultimate - 64-bit | Windows 8 Pro - 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
You could also use Shawn's tutorial https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-restore.html other one might cause issues with Pin to Start Menu and Pin to Taskbar the shortcut.

Hope this helps
Thanks Capt. I did a search but didn't see that one. good looking out.
Your Welcome Derek
I had the same problem with Pin to Start Menu then Shawn took me to this article let to fix it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jan 2010   #6
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 10 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by derekimo View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow View Post
You could also use Shawn's tutorial https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-restore.html other one might cause issues with Pin to Start Menu and Pin to Taskbar the shortcut.

Hope this helps
Thanks Capt. I did a search but didn't see that one. good looking out.
Your Welcome Derek
I had the same problem with Pin to Start Menu then Shawn took me to this article let to fix it
Shawn is amazing. He knows where everything is, Thank you shawn.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Get rid of arrow in desktop icons




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Remove green box with white arrow overlay on icons?
Could anyone tell me how to get rid of these arrows?unspecified_zpsa4b47161.jpg Photo by Robert_Cunha | Photobucket
General Discussion
Desktop shortcut icon's arrow size.
How can I reduce size of the SHORTCUT ARROW on icons, for very hi-rez desktops? I have 30 in. monitor (2600X1900 res.) I have too many shortcuts, so I have to keep them smallest, but arrows are not proportionally small. They are covering most of the icon area, thus I can't see the content of the...
Customization
an arrow on desktop shortcut icon?
what is the arrow on the left bottom corner on desktop short cut icon for?
General Discussion
Desktop Hourglass And Arrow Icon Question/Problem ?
Hello, Not at all sure if this is W7 related, or due to something else, but thought I'd take the liberty of asking here, as you folks seem to know about "most everything" PC related. First time this happened. As is typical apparently, it will probably happen again, and would like to learn...
General Discussion
Lost the hidden icons arrow
My husband decided to open up my computer and proceeded to vacuum and blow out accumulated dust... I wasn't there to watch him, but something went awry :confused: First I lost quick launch, but I got back .. now I just need to get the programs that launch at startup back behind the arrow that...
General Discussion
ANNOYING arrow @ the bottom L of my desktop icons!!!
Hello: I know for a fact this can be done as I have seen a friend of mine do it. - - - - The desktop will display various shortcut icons for the software installed on your PC. In the lower L side of every icon is an "arrow"... Does anyone here know how to do this??? I I was quite...
Customization


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40.
Twitter Facebook Google+ Seven Forums iOS App Seven Forums Android App